Dec 29, 2004
✟174,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am thoroughly disgusted that this occured during Mass. I am shocked and appalled.
Lord, have mercy!

I'm appalled, but I'm FAR from shocked. Some of us KNEW this was coming from the get go, because this IS the real Islam. But, then, I've actually bothered to read the Quran, some hadiths, and have paid attention to things their imams say instead of going out of my way to apologize and defend Islam all the time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,686,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When will it end? I never thought I would see violence and destruction like this in my lifetime.
How old are you? The reason I ask is because it seemed worse in the 1970s-1980s. Eh, maybe it was because I was a just a child myself during those years, and hearing about all those hijacked and/or blown up planes and other bombings hurt my undeveloped brain more?

The way I see it, it has never ended, at least from the time period above. Maybe it stopped being reported with as much frequency until 9/11 because it became "just another day." I don't think it ever will end.

Upvote 0

ICXC-NIKA

May 25, 2016
USA
✟8,052.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How old are you? The reason I ask is because it seemed worse in the 1970s-1980s. Eh, maybe it was because I was a just a child myself during those years, and hearing about all those hijacked and/or blown up planes and other bombings hurt my undeveloped brain more?
I'm in my 20s. And, from the studies I have done anyway, what occurred in the 70s and 80s is nothing like what is occurring now. Look at the state of the world, the middle east is in chaos and hundreds of thousands of refugees are streaming into Europe/ USA. This is a seismic cultural and demographic shift unseen since the end of the second World War. That's my view anyway

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm in my 20s. And, from the studies I have done anyway, what occurred in the 70s and 80s is nothing like what is occurring now. Look at the state of the world, the middle east is in chaos and hundreds of thousands of refugees are streaming into Europe/ USA. This is a seismic cultural and demographic shift unseen since the end of the second World War. That's my view anyway
Ah yes, to look at it through eyes of a textbook. No harm in that whatsoever, as long as the textbook is true to fact. Never would I tell someone not to study. :) However, doing it only that way leaves off something. It leaves off the emotion, the perception. Only reading about it takes leaves you cold, indifferent. Cold hard facts from a textbook cannot put the same emotion into you. Now, if you were living through the time, seeing it on the news every single night, hearing everyone talking about it at the office and around your family table, just like we are doing now, it's different. Yes, even back then newscasters had the bad habit of stoking fear. That same fear was then rehashed around the water cooler and dinner table, just like now.

The point I'm trying to make is that it seems like it's worse now because it's in front of our faces NOW, while what you study from a book is past. The past is merely cold, hard fact. The past isn't as "in your face." Twenty years from now, we'll say the same thing (the past doesn't seem as bad) for the same reasons, even if the attacks do decline (which they really have, BTW).

To stop this mess, maybe Western countries will stop this, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" without considering the consequences mentality. Just think of how things might be different if we hadn't trained and given/sold armaments to the Mujahideen. What if we didn't end up selling weapons to Iran (which was really a negotiation with terrorists to release hostages)? What if we weren't so buddy/buddy with Saddam Hussein for our economic benefit? What if we didn't prefer dictators over democratically elected governments for our economic gain (think Venezuela and even maybe Nicaragua, for an example)?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ah yes, to look at it through eyes of a textbook. No harm in that whatsoever, as long as the textbook is true to fact. Never would I tell someone not to study. :) However, doing it only that way leaves off something. It leaves off the emotion, the perception. Only reading about it takes leaves you cold, indifferent. Cold hard facts from a textbook cannot put the same emotion into you. Now, if you were living through the time, seeing it on the news every single night, hearing everyone talking about it at the office and around your family table, just like we are doing now, it's different. Yes, even back then newscasters had the bad habit of stoking fear. That same fear was then rehashed around the water cooler and dinner table, just like now.

The point I'm trying to make is that it seems like it's worse now because it's in front of our faces NOW, while what you study from a book is past. The past is merely cold, hard fact. The past isn't as "in your face." Twenty years from now, we'll say the same thing (the past doesn't seem as bad) for the same reasons, even if the attacks do decline (which they really have, BTW).

To stop this mess, maybe Western countries will stop this, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" without considering the consequences mentality. Just think of how things might be different if we hadn't trained and given/sold armaments to the Mujahideen. What if we didn't end up selling weapons to Iran (which was really a negotiation with terrorists to release hostages)? What if we weren't so buddy/buddy with Saddam Hussein for our economic benefit? What if we didn't prefer dictators over democratically elected governments for our economic gain (think Venezuela and even maybe Nicaragua, for an example)?
I lived and recall the times you're talking about. Things are worse now. Random Islamists weren't going around in our countries killing civilians (men, women, children- people at events, concerts, going to church) back then. They are now.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I lived and recall the times you're talking about. Things are worse now. Random Islamists weren't going around in our countries killing civilians (men, women, children- people at events, concerts, going to church) back then. They are now.
Like I said, I was just a child back then. And, I didn't say I knew everything (contrary to what my kids believe, lol). Also, I did say it was a matter of perception. You might be older than me, so your perception might be more accurate than mine.

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The priest is a mayter we should rejoice that he is alive in christ and thar our lord has counted him worthy to give his life for his faith.

Lord forgive the sins of these perpetrators they do not know what they do. Help us too lord to forgive them

Amen

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Lord, have mercy!

I'm appalled, but I'm FAR from shocked. Some of us KNEW this was coming from the get go, because this IS the real Islam. But, then, I've actually bothered to read the Quran, some hadiths, and have paid attention to things their imams say instead of going out of my way to apologize and defend Islam all the time.

yes
horrified
but not shocked

Muslims act like Muslims
I am only surprised that so few of them are faithful to their religion
but I know lots of lukewarm Christians who do not really live the Christian life of love and forgiveness and virtue
so I should not be surprised to see lukewarm Muslims who do not really live the Muslim life of oppression, Jihad, Jizya

every place with majority Muslims have things like honor killings, rape gangs, oppression of Christians
Turk, Persian, Arab, Pakistani, Indonesian
it is not a race issue, these are different races
it is a problem with the religion, a religion founded by a war lord pedophile

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
the EU must be so proud of itself
so enlightened, so progressive

upload_2016-7-26_12-56-29.png

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Apparently more dead in Calais, France

Every. Single. Day. But Muslims aren't a problem...
I would say that humans are the problem. After all last century France got devistated by a white dude faction. Here in the states, most murders are not committed by Muslims. Just recantly there was a mass murder attack in Japan, don't think the man was Muslim. Unfortunately what all those accounts have in common is that humans can justify evil whether they are Muslim or not.

Upvote 0