Wives Submit To Your Husbands
Feb 1, 2013
Virginia
✟165.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well today I turned 17 years old, and it just struck me that I have worn only dresses my whole life and never, ever worn anything else. It makes me happy to think of my dedication to expressing my femininity to the world, even though my parents foce me to wear what I wear I gładly do it. Does anyone else have a similar story?

B

bbbbbbb

Well today I turned 17 years old, and it just struck me that I have worn only dresses my whole life and never, ever worn anything else. It makes me happy to think of my dedication to expressing my femininity to the world, even though my parents foce me to wear what I wear I gładly do it. Does anyone else have a similar story?

My mother wore dresses and skirts her entire life, although for a few years she did have slacks to wear for casual social events where other women wore slacks. However, she much preferred dresses and skirts.

Upvote 0

FaithGraceGirl

Feb 1, 2013
Virginia
✟165.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
My mother wore dresses and skirts her entire life, although for a few years she did have slacks to wear for casual social events where other women wore slacks. However, she much preferred dresses and skirts.

I can't imagine wearing anything else; I think most women who wear dresses and skirts primarily usually end up prefering them.

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

I can't imagine wearing anything else; I think most women who wear dresses and skirts primarily usually end up prefering them.

That has been my experience, in general, with ladies who wear dresses and skirts. One of the major hangups I encounter is the pressure to conform to worldly fashion. I think most women who wear slacks do so because they are afraid of being different.

Upvote 0

FaithGraceGirl

Feb 1, 2013
Virginia
✟165.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
That has been my experience, in general, with ladies who wear dresses and skirts. One of the major hangups I encounter is the pressure to conform to worldly fashion. I think most women who wear slacks do so because they are afraid of being different.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Upvote 0

FaithGraceGirl

Feb 1, 2013
Virginia
✟165.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can't say that I have only worn dresses and skirts, but I wish I could say I did. I like the feel of wearing a dress.

And can I say that the dress you are wearing in your picture is beautiful :) . It reminds me of Little Women.

Keep at it!

Thank you :)

Upvote 0

Rachel96

May 23, 2013
Australia
✟18,466.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I'm a little late to post in this thread, but I've only just joined the forum.

I'm also seventeen and have been skirts-only for about 5 or 6 years, and skirts-mostly for a long time before that, at first because I found them more comfortable and later because I felt God led me towards headcovering, modestly, femininity, etc.

I'm not in a skirts-only-for-girls family so it's a little difficult at times when my family doesn't really understand. They're good about it and like that I'm modest and myself and everything, but still I guess they think I'm a little weird. My extended family definitely doesn't understand and tries to get me to wear trousers and other conforming-to-the-world's-standards clothing. I don't really care about what the world thinks of me and just want to live the way God made me, doing what He tells me.

It's good to 'meet' someone else my age who is also dresses-only.

What sort of dresses/skirts do you wear? The ones in your profile pic look really beautiful but a bit like something from an historical re-enactment - I'm not sure I'd like to wear them for everyday. I usually wear either pinafore/jumper and shirt or a cape dress (I recently discovered cape dresses. They're SO comfortable!) but a used to wear a lot more of the period-style dresses.

Do you go to school? Do you have to wear a uniform? If so, how do you deal with that? Your picture-thing by your post says you're in America and I know you don't have school uniforms over there, but all schools have uniforms here. I have to go into a school for one subject, twice a week, so I wear a dark grey skirt and the school uniform polo shirt (sage green with logo) - the girl's uniform is long dark grey trousers or a checked kilt-skirt and the shirt. But I'm not a full-time student or their might make me wear the proper uniform, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm talking to much - this post is very long - but I'm excited to be on this forum and 'meet' you all!

from Rachel.

Upvote 0

Mariposa36

Jun 1, 2013
United States
✟15,509.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
First, I'm just going to say that not all dresses are more feminine than pants and other garnets. There's some pretty darn ugly dresses out there (i.e. the ones typically work by Amish people) and some really feminine and pretty styles that do not include dresses (i.e. Michele Bachmann's style.)

Personally, I wear a mix of things. I like skinny jeans, leggings, skirts, dresses, shorts, etc. I would consider myself a fashion-savy person. I always like to look put together and I'm really good at it.

If you want to wear dresses, that's fine. I wouldn't directly correlate wearing all dresses with femininity, however. It depends on other things and what exactly these dresses looked like.

I have to wear khaki pants and the official polo shirt to work. I'd get a strike against me if I didn't wear my uniform and it would be super awkward if someone wore a dress or something other than their uniform. Also, it would be awkward for gym and sports. I did duathlon training and mountain biking in high school. It would have been difficult let alone weird to go running or cycling (especially on the bike trails) wearing a dress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sometimes I like to wear skirts/dresses. Sometimes I like to wear pants. It depends partly on my mood and what I'm doing. When I lived in Virginia, I rode a bicycle almost every where I went. I found pants to be more practical and modest for riding on a bicycle.

Upvote 0

PersephonesTear

Jul 14, 2013
✟9,344.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think most women who wear slacks do so because they are afraid of being different.
I think this is an unfair speculation, based upon your own personal opinion. It's fine to have your own opinion, but in this case, you cannot possibly know why most other women wear what they wear. You can only know why you wear the things you do, and why the people you have directly spoken to wear the things that they wear. Given the fact that there are something like 6 billion people on this planet, there is no possible way you could have spoken to most other women out there.

I dislike skirts and dresses because of how uncomfortable they are. I also find it incredibly difficult to be modest while living an active lifestyle that involves regularly biking to work and other rigorous, out door physical activities. It has nothing to do with being afraid of being different. The fact is, I don't need dresses to make me different - I already am different. I wouldn't look any weirder in a dress, a bikini, or a burqua.

Upvote 0

SearcherKris

Dec 26, 2007
Texas
✟9,378.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was not raised to believe that wearing dresses or skirts were essential to living a Christian life. However, when I was a child and teenager I preferred dresses or skirts because I didn't like the feel of material close against my legs, especially when it was hot. This meant pants were uncomfortable to me. I also felt very beautiful when I wore dresses or skirts, even when they were old, faded, or even had a hole or two.

As I became older, pants were either required because of my job or warmer in winter. I slowly became accustomed to them. Now I have understood that there are many styles of pants and blouses that are definitely feminine and obviously not intended for men. I feel that often times pants and a shirt can be more modest than a dress. As far as feeling beautiful in what I wear, a nice pair of pants and a pretty new blouse trumps and old, faded dress.

Femininity has more to do with how you carry yourself and your attitude. It is a behavior and self perception, rather than a look.

I still wear dresses from time to time. I feel pretty in them, but I have never felt convicted that I need to in order to be obedient to the Lord. I mean, check out my avatar... what manly man would wear that?

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Your parents should never force you to wear something. You should wear what you want as long as it does not infringe moral boundaries.

That being said, as a Catholic, I recognize the importance of tradition. If you feel that you are doing good by wearing dresses, and having more faith in God (as I would with praying the Rosary), then I'm all for it. I'm just against the fact that parents must force others to adhere to their customs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
P

Personent

Your parents should never force you to wear something. You should wear what you want as long as it does not infringe moral boundaries.

That being said, as a Catholic, I recognize the importance of tradition. If you feel that you are doing good by wearing dresses, and having more faith in God (as I would with praying the Rosary), then I'm all for it. I'm just against the fact that parents must force others to adhere to their customs.

In the winter, a ladies sports team was invited to the Whitehouse. National Champs.

I don't remember if it was soccer or volleyball. All of them wore skirts. I saw a lot of open footwear like sandals etc. Who told them that dresses or skirts would be proper?

Upvote 0

SwordofPeace

Jan 25, 2011
✟15,180.00
Faith
Baptist
nearly all girls here wear the very thin, skin tight fitting leggings, you can see every detail of their anatomy, they are crazy *itches and they attract wicked men who seduce them and they will all either end up very unhappy I think, they are already unhappy.

Anyways, for that kind of woman to drop off a cliff is a beautiful thing, IMO. They only want sex with the most wicked, vile jerks anyways, it's mostly just a satanic sort of slap in the face to any good men. They are evil, possessed women, and the funny thing is, they are only sexually turned on by evil. It is absolutely true, they are sexually aroused by evil.

Upvote 0

SearcherKris

Dec 26, 2007
Texas
✟9,378.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
wow. umm... judge much?

This level of hatred and condemnation of others is not Christ-like at all. Consider how He treated the Samaritan woman at the well.... the woman who who washed His feet... Zacheus...

Where's the love of Christ in you? Do you not know that the Lord wins people over by His love and kindness...

do the rest of the Kingdom a favor and learn to love or be quiet.

Upvote 0