Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Increasing numbers of women are riding motorcycles, according to a study by the trade group Motorcycle Industry Council.

And -- are you listening, dealers and manufacturers? -- they're younger, better educated and better trained to ride than their male counterparts.

The MIC's latest Motorcycle Owner Survey found that women now account for 14% of all U.S. motorcycle owners.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-more-women-riding-20151217-story.html

Reactions: brinny

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Back when I was a kid I caught the last few minutes of this show and it made me have an intense desire to have a motorcycle and ride up the PCH just like the character does with such an epic sense of liberty evident on his face.

My grandparents are "snowbirds" in Destin, Florida, and in nearby Panama City there's this annual motorcycle event that draws in people from around the country. I've been there during it and have seen plenty of women on Harleys and other really cool bikes.

One day I might have one. I need to actually get the hang of driving cars first, haha. I scraped my dad's car tonight. Boo me.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My father has been a biker his whole life, but I consider them hurling death machines. Considering they have 35 times the death rate per mile driven vs cars (which have a pretty nasty death rate themselves), I can't see myself ever riding one. I understand the appeal, and more power to the bikers, but count me out.

PS: driving a Harley or other noisy bike is advisable. Makes you easier to notice.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Back when I was a kid I caught the last few minutes of this show and it made me have an intense desire to have a motorcycle and ride up the PCH just like the character does with such an epic sense of liberty evident on his face.

My grandparents are "snowbirds" in Destin, Florida, and in nearby Panama City there's this annual motorcycle event that draws in people from around the country. I've been there during it and have seen plenty of women on Harleys and other really cool bikes.

One day I might have one. I need to actually get the hang of driving cars first, haha. I scraped my dad's car tonight. Boo me.

Oh no, what happened?

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
My father has been a biker his whole life, but I consider them hurling death machines. Considering they have 35 times the death rate per mile driven vs cars (which have a pretty nasty death rate themselves), I can't see myself ever riding one. I understand the appeal, and more power to the bikers, but count me out.

PS: driving a Harley or other noisy bike is advisable. Makes you easier to notice.
I lost a good number of teeth and a few days of consciousness riding while young. Tried many years later to ride again, but in looking at the pavement rolling by with nothing between me and it I gave the thought of it up.

But, to remain on topic, as the saying goes: You GO girl!
(No disrespect to women intended.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution