Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 10:17

I don't see where it's necessarily speaking of denominations. Not taking credit for someone else's work and also giving God credit for the work we do, putting the emphasize on God not our own works.
Actually i was thinking of 1 Corinthians 1:31, they both say the same thing but this scripture is about division and factions.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all [e]agree and that there be no [f]divisions among you, but that you be [g]made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe’s people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 [h]Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

31 so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Actually i was thinking of 1 Corinthians 1:31, they both say the same thing but this scripture is about division and factions.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all [e]agree and that there be no [f]divisions among you, but that you be [g]made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe’s people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 [h]Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

31 so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Thank you for the correction. :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe Paul is saying that he who boasts in a denomination is wrong, but he who boasts in the Lord is right.
I don't think the Lord wants us boasting about our denominations. My church is better than yours.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums