‘Our children, our rights’: Scores of parents hit rally opposing MoCo schools’ LGBTQ policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,936.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Em·pir·i·cal
/imˈpirək(ə)l/

adjective
  • 1. based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic:
I'm well aware of the definition of empirical. Now, do you have peer reviewed studies showing this empirical evidence?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟200,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When they kept moving the line and pushing for younger and younger target audiences, now 2023 polling finds this:
Fewer 50 percent of Democrats supporting the teaching of both transgender rights and same-sex rights in elementary schools, while fewer than 1 in 10 Republicans support teaching those topics in elementary schools. (averaging out to only about 3 in 10 Americans in favor)

They went from positions that were largely popular, to pushing for ones that are quite unpopular.
Equal rights for racial minorities was once unpopular, too.
When they can't even get over 50% of their own party to support something, and then combine that with subsequent rules like "You're not allowed to have any input on this, and when we actually do teach it, you're not allowed to show up at school board meeting to complain about it, else be labelled as a domestic extremist"
What you describe has never happened.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟200,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Would you then support a school who would force your children to learn about how homosexuality is wrong, boys cannot become girls, and that marriage is between one biological male and one biological female and your are denied the ability to opt out of the studies?
Of course not. Why do you ask?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟200,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, sir. They oppose teachers trying to turn their children.
No teachers are trying to 'turn their children', as you know.
Also, teachers discussing something that the parents should discuss with kids.
If parents teach their children that homosexuals should be beaten or murdered, don't you think it's a good idea to hear the opposing viewpoint?
This world is so ready to shove all type of indecencies down our throat. No one is safe. How young is too young. Will that start at kindergarten? No one can be in on WNF in this sick perverted world. Even those that are innocent.
Not sure what you're referring to hear, since it's largely incoherent.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,120,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So you say. My experience has been otherwise.
I'm sorry to hear that. It comes instinctually for me; but I don't believe that I have any special gift. I believe that we are all capable of that discernment.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
So many have claimed. However there is an issue here, which is the human brain. I think it was best explained by a poster here on this forum that it is certainly possible to hate the sin and not the sinner for people you know. The issue comes in for people you do not know. For them the sin is the primary characteristic by which you identify them and it becomes impossible to separate the two.

I wish I had saved it or remembered who wrote it but it is now lost to me. The upshot is I have seen more then a small number of Christians claim to love LGBT people and then act in an absolutly hateful manner against them. As the saying goes actions speak louder then words. Do I believe you mean well? Yes, more then some posters on this forum I have seen. Do I believe your actions are loving towards my gay friends? No, I do not.
Let’s say it this way. I have a close relative who is gay. I love him don’t particularly like the things he do. I think you are confused when you read this platform and think this is someone’s everyday verbiage. When i see someone gay i don’t act mean to them. Run away or shun them. If i was able to discourse with your friends it would be civil. This platform is to debate. Anyone i meet that’s gay is perceived in my book as a soul who needs to be saved. Just like any other unbeliever. I believe the reason the reaction you get is so repulsive on this platform is because we think of the acts that they do and remember Sodom and Gomorrah. Also, we or I think of the way they use their body licking and lapping and committing sodomy. To be transparent. The visual is repulsive to say the least. Then you think of the people who have raped little boys. It’s sad And it makes your stomach turn. To be transparent. Not trying to be offensive.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
No teachers are trying to 'turn their children', as you know.

If parents teach their children that homosexuals should be beaten or murdered, don't you think it's a good idea to hear the opposing viewpoint?

Not sure what you're referring to hear, since it's largely incoherent.
Your right teachers won’t turn my child because they won’t get the chance to do so. No one is teaching their child to murder The LGBTQ community. No one. This is the insane victim stance they take. Sad.
Last, my comment was based on the indecent of the world showing and promoting pride fest same sex kissing cuddling touching hugging in the bed all of it. No one. No one wants to see it!

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟200,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your right teachers won’t turn my child because they won’t get the chance to do so.
My right what?
No one is teaching their child to murder The LGBTQ community. No one.
Of course they are.
This is the insane victim stance they take. Sad.
Victims objecting to being attacked?
Last, my comment was based on the indecent of the world showing and promoting pride fest same sex kissing cuddling touching hugging in the bed all of it. No one. No one wants to see it!
Can you state that with a coherent sentence?

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
My right what?

Of course they are.

Victims objecting to being attacked?

Can you state that with a coherent sentence?
Let’s stop. I would like to stay focused to the subject at hand. Our discussion is based on parents who don’t want their child to be indoctrinated. My views are that the teachers teaching my child about the LGBTQ community will in some way encourage my child to become gay. Please provide proof that parents are teaching children to murder the LGBTQ community? I don’t believe this is a true statement. Lastly, i will not repeat the last statement because it’s not in line with the subject at hand. Teachers shouldn’t be teaching children about same sex doctrine. It should only be the primary studies

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
Let’s say it this way. I have a close relative who is gay. I love him don’t particularly like the things he do. I think you are confused when you read this platform and think this is someone’s everyday verbiage. When i see someone gay i don’t act mean to them. Run away or shun them. If i was able to discourse with your friends it would be civil. This platform is to debate. Anyone i meet that’s gay is perceived in my book as a soul who needs to be saved. Just like any other unbeliever. I believe the reason the reaction you get is so repulsive on this platform is because we think of the acts that they do and remember Sodom and Gomorrah. Also, we or I think of the way they use their body licking and lapping and committing sodomy. To be transparent. The visual is repulsive to say the least. Then you think of the people who have raped little boys. It’s sad And it makes your stomach turn. To be transparent. Not trying to be offensive.
I would like to take that last statement out, because it’s nit focused on the subject at hand. And i wasn’t trying to be offensive just trying to answer the question as honestly and transparent as possible, so that we can come to an understanding

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,936.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Let’s say it this way. I have a close relative who is gay. I love him don’t particularly like the things he do. I think you are confused when you read this platform and think this is someone’s everyday verbiage. When i see someone gay i don’t act mean to them. Run away or shun them. If i was able to discourse with your friends it would be civil.
Yes, as I noted. It is civil in person but when it gets inpersonal it becomes ugly.

This platform is to debate. Anyone i meet that’s gay is perceived in my book as a soul who needs to be saved. Just like any other unbeliever. I believe the reason the reaction you get is so repulsive on this platform is because we think of the acts that they do and remember Sodom and Gomorrah.
I do see lots of that on this site, I must confess.

"`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."

Somehow that does not strike me as a condemnation against homosexuality.

Also, we or I think of the way they use their body licking and lapping and committing sodomy. To be transparent. The visual is repulsive to say the least.
For you perhaps. Personally I find other things repulsive. Trying to control others to conform to your morality for example.

Then you think of the people who have raped little boys. It’s sad And it makes your stomach turn. To be transparent. Not trying to be offensive.
What on earth does this have to do with homosexuality? See this is the type of issue I am talking about. You say you love people but then describe lurid fantasies that you find "repulsive" and bring up pedophilia (only against boys for some reason) when it is not a part of the conversation.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, as I noted. It is civil in person but when it gets inpersonal it becomes ugly.

I do see lots of that on this site, I must confess.

"`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."

Somehow that does not strike me as a condemnation against homosexuality.

For you perhaps. Personally I find other things repulsive. Trying to control others to conform to your morality for example.

What on earth does this have to do with homosexuality? See this is the type of issue I am talking about. You say you love people but then describe lurid fantasies that you find "repulsive" and bring up pedophilia (only against boys for some reason) when it is not a part of the conversation.
You took the last comment i made and I did tell you that it was off subject and i took it back. However, I was trying to explain the reason behind why some believers say things on the platform. However, let’s get back on topic.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
As I noted to Sabari, only with people we know.
It’s with everyone, but you can’t tell me how I at. You are not around me or every Christian everyday to make that statement. We love the person but hate the sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what they teach in church. Not schools. People send their kids to school for education. LGBTQ is education.
Why is it so important to sexuallize children?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your opinion is noted. I disagree. LGBT exist and are now a part of society.

Should we opt out of anyone mentioning Christianity because some atheists find it unacceptable? Are we really going to micro manage education to cater to each different view point?

I am.
I don’t want Christianity or any religion taught in a public school

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟156,747.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t want Christianity or any religion taught in a public school
And how would you teach history and literature? Christianity being the corner stone of the European history and Bible the corner stone of the European literature?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟493,088.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, after 6 pages I'm still not sure there's been an actual example of what's so objectionable. I mean, we have some assertions that teachers are grooming and sexualizing kids, but that's obviously nonsense. Is there anywhere we can go to see what these allegedly questionable books actually contain?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.