‘Our children, our rights’: Scores of parents hit rally opposing MoCo schools’ LGBTQ policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,813.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If you cannot define what a woman is, you are following a "belief system," Not education.
Oh, this silly talking point again? Sorry, this has nothing to with the topic at hand. Perhaps it is time to retire this one?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, this silly talking point again? Sorry, this has nothing to with the topic at hand. Perhaps it is time to retire this one?
The answer is that LGBT is not education. It is insanity. So parents should be allowed to opt their children out of the insanity. Now that we're back on topic, are you now satisfied?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,813.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The answer is that LGBT is not education. It is insanity.
Your opinion is noted. I disagree. LGBT exist and are now a part of society.

So parents should be allowed to opt their children out of the insanity.
Should we opt out of anyone mentioning Christianity because some atheists find it unacceptable? Are we really going to micro manage education to cater to each different view point?

Now that we're back on topic, are you now satisfied?
I am.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
The answer is that LGBT is not education. It is insanity. So parents should be allowed to opt their children out of the insanity. Now that we're back on topic, are you now satisfied?
Lol :)

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married

Should we opt out of anyone mentioning Christianity because some atheists find it unacceptable? Are we really going to micro manage education to cater to each different view point?

I am.
It’s not education. It’s a person lifestyle. In some cases their faith. Christianity is belief and Faith -religion. LGBTQWerfggg is a bunch of acronyms. But it’s not education. It’s a chosen lifestyle one chooses to live.

It’s not education that’s where you are getting things confused. You can study world religion and study Christianity. You can even get college credits from the course. There’s no study of LGBTQ or a Course named LGBTQ it’s foolish to infer that it is. Clearly it’s a choice of lifestyle. A choice in which others are trying to recruit and force others down the same path.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
Do you know how easy it is for me a woman to define being a woman? To get back on topic, I would rally with the other parents and let my voice be beard. I have a daughter and don’t want her confused. She’s a girl. Period!

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,222,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you cannot define what a woman is, you are following a "belief system," Not education.

I've critiqued some of the leftist viewpoints on this one, so I'll chime and voice some objection to this assertion in the interest of fairness.

While I do feel that a noteworthy portion of modern gender theory is more in the realm of belief system and not that of objective fact, I don't think the refusal of people on the left to answer the "What is a woman?" question is the thing that decides whether something is education vs. indoctrination.

In just about every instance I've heard, whenever that question is posed, it's always when someone is on the hot seat, and the purpose for asking it is typically to present them with blatantly loaded question with the goal of making the person public give an answer that they know will either make their own side mad at them, or make the other side mad at them.
(for instance, when this question comes up at confirmation hearings, it's usually a republican asking it, and it's for the clear purpose of trying to make them answer in a way of making the GOP dislike them even more if they answer one way, and making the Progressives see them as a 'sellout' if they answer the other way)

Now, I've had my own critiques with regards to how people have answered that question with vague circular logic...but that's not what determines whether it's a belief vs. educational topic. That type of loaded questioning (that elicits dodging answers from the person getting grilled) could be just as easily done with a variety of other subjects.

For instance, if we stuck a GOP appointee (that had constituents of multiple Christian persuasions) on the hot seat and asked them "Between Baptist and Catholicism, which is the true form of Christianity?" 9 times out of 10, you wouldn't get a straight answer and they'd try to dodge & deflect just like we see progressives do with the woman question.

Even on scholastic topics, if there was a conservative-leaning scientist who was getting appointed for something, and democrats didn't like them and wanted to stick them in a no-win situation, they could simply ask them their thoughts on the topics of evolution or climate change.

Their choices would be to answer that they do believe in it (and have people on their own side turn on them for it)
Or to answer that they don't believe in it (thereby giving people on the opposing side the ability to portray them as unqualified)

Now, with this topic in particular, there are some much better probing questions that could be asked other than playing loaded semantics games, but they're in the realm of evolutionary biology and many conservatives have sort of boxed themselves out of being able to leverage evolutionary talking points after past public attitudes on evolution.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟724,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this like the "evolution is a religion" complaint? An attempt to create parity on two items that are not equal?

No - but it would indeed show it as education - like evolution

Can you show any?
I'll restate the answer to your question

No

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟724,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many groups that are a part of society - and they exist in greater numbers than LGBTQ - why are they part of 'education'

What parts of society should be mandatory for schools which should not?

Your reasoning I believe is very faulty.
Should we opt out of anyone mentioning Christianity because some atheists find it unacceptable?
What part of our public education supports and promotes Christianity to the same level as LGBTQ - link please.

Are their Bible reading clubs for children who have to attend?
Are we really going to micro manage education to cater to each different view point?
How about managing education towards academics? How about that.

What role does LGBTQ play in advancing academia?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,813.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It’s not education. It’s a person lifestyle.
No, it is their sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with their "lifestyle".

In some cases their faith.
Again, this seems nothing more then an attempt to redefine their sexuality into something else in order to discriminate. There is no "faith" component to sexuality.
Christianity is belief and Faith -religion. LGBTQWerfggg is a bunch of acronyms. But it’s not education. It’s a chosen lifestyle one chooses to live.
No. It is not. No matter how many times people try to assert it as fact.
It’s not education that’s where you are getting things confused. You can study world religion and study Christianity. You can even get college credits from the course. There’s no study of LGBTQ or a Course named LGBTQ it’s foolish to infer that it is.
According to whom? You? Are you the administrator of a large swath of schools that I should find your claims convincing?
Clearly it’s a choice of lifestyle.
Name what this lifestyle entails that is different from a straight lifestyle
A choice in which others are trying to recruit and force others down the same path.
So I have seen claimed by many who wish to castigate homosexuals. To date I have yet to see convincing evidence of said claims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,813.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Do you know how easy it is for me a woman to define being a woman?
No, nor do I care.

To get back on topic, I would rally with the other parents and let my voice be beard.
I fully support your right to redress your grievances with your government.

I have a daughter and don’t want her confused.
That is the human condition. Nothing you or anyone else will be able to do to change that.

She’s a girl. Period!
So you shall dictate to her? Does she get any say?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,813.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There are many groups that are a part of society - and they exist in greater numbers than LGBTQ - why are they part of 'education'
Because they are currently a hot topic of conversation. Things that are in the news and greatly discussed tend to make it into the education curriculum.

What parts of society should be mandatory for schools which should not?
Obviously something up for debate. My suggestion would be things based on fact and well understood should be mandatory. Things still in flux should be optional.

Your reasoning I believe is very faulty.
I would be in hearing where you believe the fault to be.
What part of our public education supports and promotes Christianity to the same level as LGBTQ - link please.
I did not say it promoted Christianity. Much like LGTQ is not "promoted". It is mentioned a lot, however.

Are their Bible reading clubs for children who have to attend?
Nope.
How about managing education towards academics? How about that.
We already do. How about expanding education to deal with real world issues?
What role does LGBTQ play in advancing academia?
The same role all modern topics play. And opportunity to engage in real world issues affecting these kids right now, today. Why is it an issue to discuss them?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟724,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see. Then you have evidence it is a belief system?
- the debate goes two ways - I answered your question - please extend the courtesy and answer mine now.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟724,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because they are currently a hot topic of conversation. Things that are in the news and greatly discussed tend to make it into the education curriculum.
What 5 to 10 year old watches the news and speaks about hot topics?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟724,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We already do. How about expanding education to deal with real world issues?

U.S. Education Rankings Are Falling Behind the Rest of the World​

The United States isn't investing as much in human capital as other developed countries and its comparative advantage is falling behind as a result. U.S. students' math skills have remained stagnant for decades. The country is falling behind many others which have greatly improved, such as Japan, Poland, and Ireland. U.S. test scores are below the global average.​
The U.S. scored 478 in math, below the OECD average of 489. That's well below the scores of the top five, all of which were in Asia:​

It seems were are abandoning skill sets and academic discipline for social engineering.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
No, it is their sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with their "lifestyle".

Again, this seems nothing more then an attempt to redefine their sexuality into something else in order to discriminate. There is no "faith" component to sexuality.

No. It is not. No matter how many times people try to assert it as fact.

According to whom? You? Are you the administrator of a large swath of schools that I should find your claims convincing?

Name what this lifestyle entails that is different from a straight lifestyle

So I have seen claimed by many who wish to castigate homosexuals. To date I have yet to see convincing evidence of said claims.
So lets define lifestyle. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lifestyle

A way a certain group lives morals views choices please read the link.
When I spoke of faith i referred to Christianity.
Yes, I am a co-owner of a school. So, does that answer your question or give you mind ease that i know what I’m talking about?
Gay lifestyle -LGBTQ entails all kinds of perversion , the Bible calls it effeminate or abominable, acts with the same sex.
I never said anything about castration. And never will. I don’t believe one has to be castrated when in fact they can just choose to do the right thing.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,813.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
- the debate goes two ways - I answered your question - please extend the courtesy and answer mine now.
On if there are LGTQ study materials? I would be suprised if there are not but I am not aware of any. I'll ask my sister when I get a chance. She is a teacher and might know of some.

Upvote 0

Sabri

Pentecostal -Apostolic
Nov 20, 2022
Mo
✟32,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
No, nor do I care.

I fully support your right to redress your grievances with your government.

That is the human condition. Nothing you or anyone else will be able to do to change that.

So you shall dictate to her? Does she get any say?
Her anatomy says she’s a girl. The doctor when i delivered her says it’s a girl.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟929,813.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What 5 to 10 year old watches the news and speaks about hot topics?
My nephew, for one. Admittedly this was several years ago but at 8 or 9 he regularly asked about topics he saw on the news,.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.