‘If We Don’t Take a Stand Now’ against Hostility, the Church Could Become ‘Voiceless,’ Pastor Warns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

If We Don’t Take a Stand Now’ against Hostility, the Church Could Become ‘Voiceless,’ Pastor Warns​

How did we get on evolution?
Sometimes on CF discussions just evolve that way.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You also made it up that I think 0 plus 0 is one.
Calling me a fool is probably against rules but
even if not, making things up and name calling only
says something about yourself.
Also, I am not convinced that there might not be a situation in which 0 + 0 = 1.

After all, 11 + 1 = 100

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I would appreciate it very much if someone would correct me.

Lemme correct a couple things that were bugging me.

"The big bang and evolution believers, say everything came from nothing."

There is nothing in either theory that says everything came from nothing. The Big Bang describes a rapid expansion of matter from an initial super-hot, super-dense state, which is definitely not nothing.

"If you believe in evolution, then you believe pigs came from rocks."

There's nothing in biologic evolution that says that anything came from rocks. Evolution involves populations of living organisms. Rocks are not living organisms.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
All sciences ignore the god of the Bible. All of them. It is not a subject for scientific study.
Why would sciences ignore the greatest scientist of all, that being God. The One who created science and everything else that exists. If I wanted to know a toaster works, I would refer to the advice of the one who invented it. From my perspective all the pseudo scientists are scratching their heads trying to make sense of stuff that is way over their heads. So the come up with wild theories in an effort to make sense of the mysteries before their eyes

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Lemme correct a couple things that were bugging me.

"The big bang and evolution believers, say everything came from nothing."

There is nothing in either theory that says everything came from nothing. The Big Bang describes a rapid expansion of matter from an initial super-hot, super-dense state, which is definitely not nothing.

There's nothing in biologic evolution that says that anything came from rocks. Evolution involves populations of living organisms. Rocks are not living organisms.
Who created the "super-hot, super-dense matter, you cited. Did those elements create themselves?

Big bangers believe the earth was formed by hot rocks smashing into a great big ball of super hot rocks and lava to form todays earth after millions of years colling. I'm just trying to figure out how pigs eventually emerged out of these hot rocks.

I've got hundreds of questions but no scientists has ever been answer a single one, so with all due respect I give them no credence at all

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What your saying doesn't make sense. If Christians believe that the Bible is Gods inspired Word, then claim to believe something that contradicts Gods word. I can't make any sense of that, so if you like to show me what I missing I'd be happy to hear it. If not, then that's OK too
Something that you think contradicts God's word. I don't care very much about what you think God's Word says. But that is not a subject for this particular forum.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Who created the "super-hot, super-dense matter, you cited. Did those elements create themselves?
Scientific theories are made to explain the known evidence. We have no evidence of what things were like before the super-hot, super-dense state, so we don't have any theory that deals with that. Maybe God made it. Who knows. It would sure be nice if we could find out, but we currently have no way of detecting what happened prior to the Big Bang.

Big bangers believe the earth was formed by hot rocks smashing into a great big ball of super hot rocks and lava to form todays earth after millions of years colling. I'm just trying to figure out how pigs eventually emerged out of these hot rocks.
The Big Bang has nothing to do with any of that, and neither does biologic evolution. The Big Bang deals with the rapid expansion of the matter in the universe. We have other theories that deal with planetary formation. And pigs definitely don't emerge from hot rocks, so you don't have to worry about that.

I've got hundreds of questions but no scientists has ever been answer a single one, so with all due respect I give them no credence at all
Yeah, I really don't think you've asked any scientists any serious questions.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why would sciences ignore the greatest scientist of all, that being God. The One who created science and everything else that exists. If I wanted to know a toaster works, I would refer to the advice of the one who invented it. From my perspective all the pseudo scientists are scratching their heads trying to make sense of stuff that is way over their heads. So the come up with wild theories in an effort to make sense of the mysteries before their eyes
Nothing I have ever read about your god would describe it as a scientist. Scientists don't invent nature, we study it.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

There's nothing in biologic evolution that says that anything came from rocks. Evolution involves populations of living organisms. Rocks are not living organisms
Let's not be too hasty.

Pigs in a cave.jpg

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True love warns and Christ did exactly that to many who called Him Lord and said He did not know them.
Sure. We both have read the same passages and we both know what the reported words mean. Don't fool yourself for a moment thinking you somehow have "one up" me. You don't!

Also notice, too. I'm not sitting here disparaging you in your faith and discounting it, even while I will disagree with you.
If you believe in a Christ that is not found in Holy Scripture then you worship a false Christ and are still under the curse. It is best to judge yourself according to Scripture and not the traditions of men.

I believe in the Christ whom the Scriptures portray, represent and point to. Those Scriptures are an expression of the overall Tradition that the Church received. You might keep in mind, too, that Jesus is more than merely the New Testament, and what's more, God's Reality is bigger than merely the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm just referring you to what the Bible says about what it means to be a Christian. So I'm not pushing my views on you or judging you in any way

And you need to keep in mind that being that I'm a Christian, I'm fully aware that the Bible has a message, AND that we have to read it and interpret it carefully so we not only misunderstand it but also misapply it or say more than what is intended by the various biblical writers.

Moreover, the Bible is not a comprehensive tome of answers to all and any circumstantial problem or aspect of life that any one of us may encounter. It wasn't written that way. It wasn't compiled that way and it definitely remains open to Christians to learn what they need additionally about the world from outside the Bible in God's Universe.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Simple. No evidence for the Big Raven,
Or any god. Science works with data.

You are correct about pseudo scientists.

Real ones use real data, and accomplish real things .

Pseudo theos make up wild ideas about what science is,
about their gods, about themselves ,and about other people. Reality seems way o rr their hesds

You been checkin' them boxes.

P.s. there is no " person who invented toaster". If
there were, you'd never find them, anyway.

A scientist, or me for that matter, would figure out
how it works.

IF you found a toaster inventor and he explained how it
works, he'd soon be talking about electromagnetic theory from them dang scientists.

SO his best bet would be to say it works on magic juice.

Like computers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would appreciate it very much if someone would correct me. So far, all I've had is people attacking me personally rather than dealing with the outstanding issues.
That's no way to gain respect or be taken seriously. I'm asking to be corrected but nobody is able to so I have to assume that I'm right and everyone else is wrong.
YOU are the one making things up.
You made it up that nobody corre to you.

Who else should we address?

As for correcting you how many times have you bern told, but you still haven't even learned that
no theory can ever be proved. Still don't know that
very basic fact.

Refusing to learn is not a sign that you are right.

It's not an attack to say so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why would sciences ignore the greatest scientist of all, that being God. The One who created science and everything else that exists.
Because science continues to work well while ignoring it. Science is pragmatic like that rather than needlessly dogmatic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Velaut

Sep 23, 2016
Belgium
✟69,770.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Ironically, not answering a question is not a reason not to give them no credence. In the contrary.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would ( do) you ignore every answer, every
correction of your errors and falsehoods ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Velaut

Sep 23, 2016
Belgium
✟69,770.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No Christian ignores the Book of Genesis. Even Christians who accept the theory of evolution believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God.
What your saying doesn't make sense. If Christians believe that the Bible is Gods inspired Word, then claim to believe something that contradicts Gods word. I can't make any sense of that, so if you like to show me what I missing I'd be happy to hear it. If not, then that's OK too

So do you deny that there are such Christians who accept the theory of evolution and believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God?
Or do you mean that it does not make sense what those Christians believe, acknowledging that they do exist and thus that what BCP1928 said is actually correct?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are doubling down on being wrong.
There are no admissions. I'm not confirming something I had hoped to conceal. That would be an admission.​
I am not at all confused on the existence of God. I am as certain as I can be that the Christian God does not exist. I am undecided on the existence of other gods based upon insufficient evidence. There isn't an ounce of confusion there.​
Please desist from these misguided attempts to characterise some of what I say as admissions.​

Here you go again telling me what I think. I advise you stop that. You are not at all good at it.
My worldview does not consider everything was made from nothing.​
My wordlview does not exclude the possibility of the universe arriving for a reason. (It probably arose as a consequence.)​
My worldview readily accepts as the best available current explanations/descriptions the universal laws that seem to govern the universe. These are "laws" that have been established by rigorous, detailed, multiply tested research.​
The rest of this paragraph sounds more like preaching than an argument, so its difficult to deconstruct. (Hint: this is not an admission that I have reading comprehension difficulties, but a suspicion that your writing skills can be overwhelmed by a tendency to rant.) However:
I see no evidence that the nature of man is to hate God.​
This belief that non-believers in your particular versions of gods secretly do believe in that God would be offensive it were not so sad. But don't let me interrupt your apparent passion for inventing motivations for other people​
I'm comfortable that my moral compass is healthy. I have way to little evidence and way to much respect to post an assessment of where your moral compass stands.​

I side with those who provide provisional explanations for aspects of the universe based upon careful observation and experiment, and that takes full cognisance of earlier work on the topic, recognising that their provisional explanation may be incomplete, or wrong. Such cautious, meticulous, organised thinking seems to embody the very definition of wise.

A God that deliberately inserts lies into the world to confound those willing to devote themselves to carefully investigating sounds like a nasty and vindicitve God. Certainly not the loving, caring, compassionate, truthful God I followed when I was a Christian.

I lack the contorted mind skills to allow me to place into a box something I do not think exists. (Hint: that's not an admission. It is an open statement.)

There you go again! Making up things about what I think.
I don't have beliefs. I consider the concept of belief to be toxic. I have pragmatic acceptance of certain apparent realities.​
I consider the concept of "truth" to be wooly, subject to equivocation, and generally something used to support agendas, or evidence free imaginations.​
In the quantum world some events occur without apparent cause.​
I'm quite good at several things, but hating something I don't think exists is way beyond my pay grade.​

I would prefer it if you not pray for me.

If you respond to this post please keep it free of wild guesses as to what I think and what motivates me. It is tiresome to take this amount of time to correct that nonsense. On the other hand if you wish to discuss matters in a calm, logical, agenda free manner, I shall be happy to continue.
This "making things up" pandemic is
most strange, selectively striking down as it
does, just those who know Truth and have
God, bible, heaven, angels, infallubility and
all reality on their side.

Someone prease exprain.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

1710183228558.png

This thread is being closed. There are too many reports coming in where members are flaming others.

This is also not the Creationism vs. evolution forum or General Apologetics.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.