‘Give Myself To Jesus’: Bishop Raica Recalls Mother Angelica’s Dying Words at Mass Celebrating EWTN Foundress’ 100th Birthday

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘My friends, on this centenary of Mother’s birth… we gather in grateful appreciation for this amazing religious woman who with the love of Christ in her heart, and intrepid apostolic zeal, sought to share the saving message of Christ to the world.’

Editor's Note: On April 20, 2023, Bishop Stephen Raica of Birmingham, Ala., celebrated a Solemn Mass for the 100th Anniversary of Mother Angelica in Rome. Please find the homily published here with permission.

My sisters and brothers,

Welcome to Rome and Holy Spirit Church, Chiesa di Santo Spirito, in Sassia, on this magnificent occasion to recall with gratitude the life and mission of Mother Mary of the Annunciation, whom we know as Mother Angelica.

I have to confess right away that other than by reputation, I never had the occasion to meet her personally. I have met so many who have been touched by her life and the ministry of the network she founded, many of whom encountered Christ and are Christian because of her life and witness.

Continued below.

Reactions: Joined2krist