When We Live in the New Earth..Will There Be Marriage And Babies?

Feb 25, 2013
✟7,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok so we know when God created the earth and everything in it, It was meant to be for, forever..no death in the picture, no sin...Adam and Eve were to be together and have kids and then their kids and so on and so on...Then we see that sin messed everything up so now we have evil and we have death in the picture....
Now My question is...We know Jesus says there is no marriage in Heaven, but what about -After- Heaven When we return to reign on Earth with Jesus when Heaven is moved On earth?...Will there be marriage again then and babies?
After all God never takes away His calling and He intended when He first created us and the earth for marriage and babies to go on for eternity, so why Would there not be marriage and people having babies in the New Earth when Thats originaly what God intended?...And think of all the ways one shows God's 2nd Biggest commandment, which is to love one another....Think of all the ways one Shows Love, through marriage, through having a child, through loving your siblings, to loving your grand parents, etc....Why would God cut off all of those ways we show love?
WHy put a end to that when He intended it to be that way for eternity in the first place?...And if there is no more marriage, and no more having kids and seeing them grow up and have kids of their own, then what are we going to do for eternity? lol ...Don't get me wrong, I know God has plenty of cool things for us to do and learn, but Do YOU think there will be marriage again and having babies in the new earth?

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't get me wrong, I know God has plenty of cool things for us to do and learn, but Do YOU think there will be marriage again and having babies in the new earth?

Jesus said there wouldn't be marriage in Heaven:

Mark 12:25

When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

I think that if God takes away something, He always replaces it with something better. Our focus as far as Heaven is concerned is not with our relationships to one another, but our relationship with Him. We will be married to Jesus for all eternity, as we are His bride. What we will be doing for all eternity is worshiping Him and serving Him. What better than to enjoy our bridegroom for all eternity? Don't worry about not being able to imagine what Heaven will be like, because if you could the word of God would be broken:

1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Agapo... Love of God...
Philanthrapo... love of mankind
eros ... husband and wife
Starge ... relative / friends
Narcisso ... love of self
.... not sure how all works, but book says neither marry or are given in marriage, but as the angels....whether meet wife, husband, friends, family or so caught up in the glory of God it doesn't matter...

Upvote 0
Feb 25, 2013
✟7,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah but I'm not talking about just Heaven, I'm talking about the new earth when we come back with Jesus....God intended for us to marry and have babies for eternity in the beginning with our Godly Bodies before sin entered.. so when He moves Heaven on Earth its like Hes fixing what was lost from the beginning in the earth before sin entered...

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah but I'm not talking about just Heaven, I'm talking about the new earth when we come back with Jesus....God intended for us to marry and have babies for eternity in the beginning with our Godly Bodies before sin entered.. so when He moves Heaven on Earth its like Hes fixing what was lost from the beginning in the earth before sin entered...

Mark 12:25 is talking about the new Earth. It says we'll be "like" the angels in Heaven, after the resurrection. So it applies to the new Earth. Whatever the plan might have been, before sin, the word of God says there won't be any marriage for Christians after we receive our new bodies. I wouldn't be concerned about this; what is waiting for us is better than anything we have on Earth, better than anything we can imagine.

Upvote 0
T

trentlogain2

Having survived almost 20 years of marriage, I KNOW God has a better plan for eternity than that.
lol!

i believe people who will be in the milleniumn will be married and have children. but for rest of us, no. God is pretty clear..we will not be married to one another. we will bel like the angels.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

cajunhillbilly

Jul 4, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟16,522.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
lol!

i believe people who will be in the milleniumn will be married and have children. but for rest of us, no. God is pretty clear..we will not be married to one another. we will bel like the angels.

There is no literal millenium. When Jesus comes back that is the Last Day and eternity begins right then and there

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
- hear me siiighing ? ... folks the lord has made the scriptures available to us against all natural odds

please read it .

---
:wave: Hi "the sun is out" !

hey brother, God bless you

You're absolutely right; God has worked many miracles to get the scriptures into our hands. We shouldn't be surprised at this though. After all, the Holy Spirit writing through the psalmist promises to preserve them forever:

Psalm 12:6-7 “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever

Therefore it is our duty to study them to show ourselves approved, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Upvote 0
Feb 25, 2013
✟7,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cajun thats not true.. in revelations it says when we come back with Jesus, we reign on earth for 1,000 years with Jesus and in revelations it says that evil will be around for a time still, so people who are still alive after the tribulation wont be killed off when we return....and to the others..I don't care if there is marriage and having babies or not, just always wondered about it because in the beginning we had spiritual bodies that could walk with God and never die, yet could still have sex and have babies before sin entered and even fallen angels have had sex...but since Jesus does I see say there wont be after the resurrection, thats fine with me!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God speaks of children playing in the streets and with animals, etc. during the Millennium, but that applies to earthly people ---the "innumerable company" shown in Revelation. The Bride of Christ (Church) are a heavenly people and they will be with the Lord Jesus in His reign over the earth. There will be no marriage for the heavenly saints, except what God calls the "marriage of the Lamb" in Heaven, which is not as earthly marriage, but a spiritual union for those of us who are in Christ by the "new birth".

Upvote 0
my own thoughts on the marriage and children after resurrection has always been no marriage. the children are the resurrected children that have died in childhood or aborted. i believe the thousand years and then the time of release for satan is to give them the chance to choose God or satan. i can't recall that marriage was used before being expelled from the garden. i could be wrong, but adam had no other options but eve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

scdanladd

Mar 16, 2013
✟15,147.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Christ resides in us! People are looking for a physical return of the man Jesus, when the spirit of Christ is already here and living in you. The "New Earth" (which is the outward expression of God) won't be revealed until the "New Heaven" (the inward reality, Christian in us) is revealed! Instead of looking to something that one someday may happen, we should look for the Abundant Life Jesus promised us.

Upvote 0

scdanladd

Mar 16, 2013
✟15,147.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
An excerpt from the writtings by J Preston Eby godfire.net/eby/rev-1.html

Ah, yes, there are beasts and woes and tribulation in the book, but these are not the message - they are merely the things exposed by the unveiling of Himself -exposed to be dealt with and brought to nought! And sometimes they are the very instruments used to bring forth the unveiling!When you uncover a thing you don’t have to bring it from some other place, you only need to remove the cover, because what is under it is already present. This book reveals to our wondering spirits that Jesus Christ doesn’t have to come crashing down through the clouds from outer space in order to be revealed! He is covered up, His glory is concealed in this world by a fleshly, religious mind; His grace and mercy are concealed by a harsh, legalistic mindset that thunders right out of mount Sinai, and is full of death; His love is concealed by false church doctrines of divine vindictiveness, judgment, damnation and eternal torture for billions in hell fire; His righteousness is concealed by human good works, self effort, and outward laws and regulations; His truth and purpose are concealed by natural, carnal understanding; His power is concealed by soulish religious exercises, rituals, ceremonies, programs and promotions. To be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life! The Lord is the Spirit! The Lord, the Spirit, dwells within us! To uncover the real Christ has nothing to do with Christ coming from heaven, or us going to heaven - He must be UNCOVERED WITHIN US! "But... it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb (the old-order religious system), and called me by His grace, to reveal (unveil) His Son in me..." (Gal. 1:15-16).The veil that hides Him is upon the mind. It is not something apart from us or away from us. The veil must be removed from where the Christ is concealed from us within ourselves, for we are the body of Christ, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all. The Lord is not hidden in some far-off heaven somewhere, He has already come within us, for Christ is in us, except we be reprobates -counterfeits (II Cor. 13:5). Those who are walking with the Lord in the light of this new Day know that it is not Jesus coming down from heaven that shall reveal Him, but the uncovering of the full reality within ourselves of Him who is our life. The veil has been upon our minds, when we saw Him we looked through all the trappings of religion, the traditions, creeds, doctrines, forms, and concepts of men who know Him only after the flesh. But when you know Christ after the flesh, as He was two thousand years ago, you can never see Him as He is.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

This really is dependent on your doctrinal stand on what a 'new earth' is and your understanding of Revelation.

Now there will be survivors of the tribulation. There will still be humans living their life during the millennium kingdom. They will still be getting married and having children. It even states that entire nations will descent from single individuals.

Now the same type thing happened at the last major judgement of the world, ie Noah's flood. There was a 'new earth' at that time. It is just a reference to a major change to the earth, not total destruction and recreation.

Now having a new heavens and new earth also has another parallel meaning. In the covenant of the rainbow there was covenant between Yah and mankind. This had the earthly mirror of the covenant between man and wife. Noah became associated with 'heavens' and his wife Na'amah with 'earth'. Where do you think the concept of 'mother earth' came from? As progenitors of living mankind they held positions of authority over their offspring.

So a 'new heavens' and 'new earth' can also be a reference to a change in the authority structure. We know the old authority of the enemy here on the earth will be replaced by the bride. We will take over for the authority held by the enemy. Yeshua will take on the position of heavens while the church takes on the authority of the new earth.

Now as immortals, there is no need for children. Scripture is clear that angels aren't given in marriage. That does NOT imply they are not capable. As a matter of fact, this is specifically covered in the book of Enoch. The angels that sinned, did so by taking wives and having children. They were in a position of authority to help mankind. That will be the position the church will hold in the later age as I understand it.

Now the human population that were descent from the survivors of the tribulation period will still live physical lives. There will still be sin and judgement. They just won't have the enemy leading them into that error but have full understanding of the consequences.

Now we are not told much about the age after the millennium. The 'new heavens' and 'new earth' don't come after the millennium but after the tribulation, the judgement that causes great physical changes to the earth. The teaching that the 'new earth' is 'after' the millennium is a misunderstanding of Revelation. When John says 'and after that I saw', it is a scene divider that is consistent throughout the book. It does NOT mean the 'new earth' was after the millennium but John saw the 'new earth' in the next vision he describes. He says that when he changes topics. The visions are NOT in chronological order. He is jumping from subject to subject not a series of consecutive events.

Now the millennium is the 1000 year Sabbath after 6000 years of mankind's dominion over the earth. Yeshua came as a man to qualify for the right to rule over the earth with that dominion. We aren't told much about the age that will come after that millennium Sabbath but there is a big universe to spread out into. Someone has to populate the rest of the universe. But it doesn't appear to be us but those that are still living after the rebellion at the end of the millennium. Then the next 7000 year week will begin.

Why would immortals need to have offspring? That is left for those that still have mortal lives to live. Would you be willing to give up your immortality for the right to marry and have children? Will that option be available? Will all members of the kingdom get an eternal life? Will some only get a 2nd life but denied access to the tree of life? Will some face a 2nd death? For those that do face a 2nd death will they be granted the right to marry and have offspring?

Those are the type of questions that are not made clear in scripture. We only know in part now. Speculation is just that.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There is no literal millenium. When Jesus comes back that is the Last Day and eternity begins right then and there

Sorry but that is wrong. The millennium is the 1000 year Sabbath of the 1st week of 1000 years. It is after that Sabbath that the new week begins.

Upvote 0