Pro-Palestinian protesters are backed by a surprising source: Biden's biggest donors

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The donors include some of the biggest names in Democratic circles: Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzker, according to a POLITICO analysis.

This was not a surprise to me. In the election is will be this big money against the working people of America.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,126,765.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Calling them pro-Palestinian isn't correct.
It's not a matter of politics.
Crying out against murder, famine, homelessness inflicted on the civilians is inhumane and unconscionable--no matter who the perpetrator is.
The victims are children of God.
Similarly, Biden and his donors are not anti-Israel.
They are anti the way this war us waged--which has been condemned by the entire world.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The donors include some of the biggest names in Democratic circles: Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzker, according to a POLITICO analysis.

This was not a surprise to me. In the election is will be this big money against the working people of America.
People are putting their money into principles that they hold to!?
This is how it works.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟247,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmm. Looks liek the "Guv'ment" got to Yahoo! Do you have another source for this article?

1714995662339.png

EDIT: So, I did some googlizing and it appears that this "article" is just a tweet from one guy: "Prince Handly." I have no idea who that is. He references Politico, but politico doesn't have an article on their site about this. Maybe they tweeted something? IDK. Can't find it. Are we sure this isn't just something manufactured by the right? I mean, anytime I see someone scream "SoRos!!!11" with spittle and froth coming out of their mouths I am immediately skeptical.

EDIT2: Ok, found it. Here is the politico article:

So, after reading the article I have to wonder. Do people think that these "megadonors" are walking around these campuses handing out cash to the protestors? Someone forms an organization like Jewish Voices for Peace, ask for donations to help organize rallies, protests, and other activities. These donors' foundations read their mission statements and what they say they are fighting for and donate money to the causes they agree with and want to promote. In this case, speaking out against what is seen as atrocities being committed by an ally in the middle-east. Doesn't really seem all that nefarious. Or surprising.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In the election is will be this big money against the working people of America.
Definitely.

Biden continues fundraising momentum, with a $53 million February

But Biden clearly eclipsed Obama in another measure. While Obama reported nearly 350,000 donors in February of 2012, the Biden campaign claimed 469,000 unique donors at the same point in the current cycle.

Trump cutting back on rallies to save money as cash shortfall hobbles campaign: report

"In a sign of the Trump orbit’s urgent need for cash, at least two donors who made seven-figure pledges to support Mr. Trump this year were nudged to see if they could cut an eight-figure check — meaning $10 million or more — instead, according to a person familiar with the request."
--
That's an interesting contrast. Biden is getting huge grassroots support from many donors. Trump is chasing after millionaires to dig deeper.

Trump tells billionaires he’ll keep their taxes low at $50 million fundraising gala

Former President Donald Trump emphasized the importance of extending his signature tax cuts to some of the nation’s wealthiest political donors, according to a readout of his private remarks Saturday night provided by a Trump campaign official.

Trump appeared to try to square raising a record-breaking amount of donations from the nation’s elite — a set that included billionaires such as sugar magnate José “Pepe” Fanjul Sr., oil baron Harold Hamm and Johnson & Johnson heir Woody Johnson — with a political movement fueled by populist themes.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Into the destruction of America.
Hey, I'd like to end big donors and dark money in politics, but John Roberts was too busy declaring "money = speech" and gutting the voting rights act and campaign finance laws.

Would you join in my crusade against dark money, big donors, super PACs and the other abominations of modern money in politics?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,144.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Into the destruction of America.
Advocating for an end to Gazan children being forced into starvation is the death of America.

What a fascinating timeline you live in!

• Winner
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmm. Looks liek the "Guv'ment" got to Yahoo! Do you have another source for this article?

View attachment 347258

EDIT: So, I did some googlizing and it appears that this "article" is just a tweet from one guy: "Prince Handly." I have no idea who that is. He references Politico, but politico doesn't have an article on their site about this. Maybe they tweeted something? IDK. Can't find it. Are we sure this isn't just something manufactured by the right? I mean, anytime I see someone scream "SoRos!!!11" with spittle and froth coming out of their mouths I am immediately skeptical.

EDIT2: Ok, found it. Here is the politico article:

So, after reading the article I have to wonder. Do people think that these "megadonors" are walking around these campuses handing out cash to the protestors? Someone forms an organization like Jewish Voices for Peace, ask for donations to help organize rallies, protests, and other activities. These donors' foundations read their mission statements and what they say they are fighting for and donate money to the causes they agree with and want to promote. In this case, speaking out against what is seen as atrocities being committed by an ally in the middle-east. Doesn't really seem all that nefarious. Or surprising.
It’s the ol’ “if someone is funding speech that I do not agree with, then they’re out to destroy everything that I love about my country!” populism that has/continues to seep into our body politc.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening!”—F. Mercury
Throwing out the rule of law is not a minor item. This two-tiered justice system needs to be stopped. The leftist utopia is a myth.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Throwing out the rule of law is not a minor item. This two-tiered justice system needs to be stopped. The leftist utopia is a myth.
The “rule of law” is a political philosophy that stipulates that adhering to principles are more important to a thriving political-society than are the personages that inhabit that political-society.

If we tout “free speech” then we have to tolerate speech which is offensive.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The “rule of law” is a political philosophy that stipulates that adhering to principles are more important to a thriving political-society than are the personages that inhabit that political-society.

If we tout “free speech” then we have to tolerate speech which is offensive.
The pro-Hamas mobs who have defied police orders and violated U.S. law should be arrested like anyone else in a similar situation.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The pro-Hamas mobs who have defied police orders and violated U.S. law should be arrested like anyone else in a similar situation.
Did any of them violate "US" law. Certainly some campus regulations, city ordinances, and even state laws were violated by the encamped protesters, but what federal law did the violate?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And what about those who are (just) standing amongst these heinous criminals?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Threatening the life of a Jew is not a joke. It is a serious hate crime. We had this same situation when Joe Biden advocated to stop the busing of black children to white schools. The president ordered in federal troops.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟714,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They should leave when directed by the police - then they have nothing to worry about.

• Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Threatening the life of a Jew is not a joke. It is a serious hate crime.

Threatening anyone’s life is a crime. (“all lives matter”), whether it’s a “Hate crime” depends on why the life was threatened.
We had this same situation when Joe Biden advocated to stop the busing of black children to white schools. The president ordered in federal troops.
Oh goodness, a position he took 49 years ago is out of fashion?

In 1975, Biden supported an amendment offered by North Carolina Republican Senator Jesse Helms that would have made busing much more difficult in all jurisdictions by prohibiting the Department of Health, Education and Welfare from collecting information needed to identify segregated school systems.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0