TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to take the affirmative position on how the traditional Atheistic Worldview (origins of the universe/planets/earth/Humankind, abiogenesis, macro-evolution, etc) based on naturalism and materialism....is perhaps THE least logic conclusion One can make given the scientific evidences both sides have.

Im looking for an Atheist who feels it is the best or at least a reasonable view and who feels confident they can defend it. Id like to focus primarily on the Atheistic Worldview and weigh it against the scientific evidence to see how it stands up.....instead of a prolonged focused discussion on a personal Theistic Creator .

Id like the standard C.F. Rules and Regulations to apply for the Debate except to have 5,000 words max. per post .

I am available to start the Formal Debate anytime after 4-20-14 ., and I would make the first Post which will include listing the evidence both sides have , etc... If interested, please contact me via PM .

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I could easily provide arguments why atheism is "at least [...] reasonable"... and even some to show it is the best view.

If you are up to it, I will gladly take you on.

Deal ! Ill have Mark set up a Formal Debate Room . For a change, how would you like to go first this time representing the affirmative position that atheism is at least reasonable and is the best view ? Again...the Debate will be primarily on the atheistic Worldview with Theism being discussed to a far lesser degree so we don't start going down many rabbit trails.

Waiting for your answer to the question .

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟841,344.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
1. Topic: Is an Atheistic Worldview of such things as the origins of: The universe including planets; earth; Humankind; abiogenesis; macro-evolution; etc. (based on naturalism and materialism...) the logical conclusion one can make given, the scientific evidences both sides (Atheists and Christians) have?

Freodin will begin and will argue the affirmative;
TheyCallMeDavid will respond arguing the negative.

3. There will be three alternating rounds, a total of 6 posts.

4. The time limit is 1 week, that means within one week of the affirmative making his/her post, the opposing position needs to reply. The post can be made earlier, of course. (Note: Formal debate is a 'Moderated Forum', so this time limit applies not from the point in time when the post is posted, but from the time that it is approved and made visible by a moderator.)

5. The maximum length for each post is 5000 per post, per round.

6. Quotes and outside references are allowed. Please note that all quotes will fall under the 20% copyright rule, but the participants may decide to disallow quotes or limit them to a certain amount of the overall word total.

7. The start date is April 20th, 2014.

These rules need to be agreed upon by both participants and approved by a moderator.

Once a debate is accepted by both parties, the proposal thread is closed and a moderator creates the debate thread in the Formal Debate forum, with a link to the proposal thread. A discussion thread is created by a moderator in the Peanut Gallery for non-debate participants to comment upon the debate. The posts in the peanut gallery discussion thread may be moderated depending on the topic.

Note: Debaters may not post in the peanut gallery discussion thread until after the conclusion of the debate.

Guys, please look this over and let me know what you think. I modified the title so it would be in context with Freodin opening the discussion in the affirmative. I also modified the topic for this reason, and to try and smooth out how it read. I hope this is OP, however, I am open to suggestions.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟841,344.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.