Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is it that the tropic of Cancer has a circumference of 36,682 km,

the Equator 40,075 km,

but the tropic of Capricorn 36,788 km?

If the Earth is flat shouldn't' the tropic of Capricorn be larger than the Equator?

• Agree
Reactions: HantsUK
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,192,084.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Earth is Level & it does not orbit the sun or the planets & noway has anyone walked on the moon & never will - Period
It sounds like you have taken a leaf out of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Goebbels' playbook, using "the big lie" technique.

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,062,490.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, like the planet on which we live, this thread keeps going round and round. The only thing that's flat here, in fact, are the anti globe earth arguments. These boil down to "it's flat, they're fake, NASA and co are lying", which is an erroneous, unproven and, well, just flat argument.

So I'm off.
I have a book coming out in a couple of months which proclaims the Gospel, and I am working on another related project.
I don't have time for circular arguments about something which is not Scriptural and has nothing at all to do with faith.

Enjoy.

• Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟39,037.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you have taken a leaf out of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Goebbels' playbook, using "the big lie" technique.

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.​

I reckon you've been watching to many movies, either that or you've lost the plot.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟39,037.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a book coming out in a couple of months which proclaims the Gospel, and I am working on another related project.

That's marvelous, let us know when & where we can purchase your book, Good luck :)

No hard feeling hey ? :praying:

Upvote 0

HantsUK

Oct 27, 2009
Hampshire, England
✟218,097.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
But I do understand it, it's you guys who don't understand,
This is a pointless statement, as each of us think that we understand "it" (whatever "it" is). In an exam writing 'I understand it' will not earn you any marks. You have to demonstrate that you know the subject by answering the questions.
especially when it comes to NASA & what they have done & are still doing, it is the likes of NASA who are your enemies, not me, and what saddens me is the fact that you guys just don't see it.
What has NASA to do with the earth being a globe? Absolutely nothing. There are several different observations you can make that can only be explained by a globe earth, but not by a flat earth. Some examples:

• Sunrise
  • The sun always looks round, and is the same size as it crosses the sky
  • Sunset
  • Just after sunset, clouds are lit from underneath
  • Watch the sunset while lying down, then stand up and watch it set again
  • Twilight - much shorter near the equator and longer further north (e.g. in the UK).
  • Horizon, not a vanishing point - you can see further from a high point than at sea level. Example: see an island from the top of a hill but not at sea level.

Returning to the video about which I commented. If my reply had only been:

Typical Conspiracy video - "I don't understand something, so it must be fake."
then this reply would have added no value. But I then tried to explain why the video was nonsense. The Antarctic is not entirely covered in ice and snow. There are areas with plant life. (I did not know this.)

Apple Sky ignored my reply beyond the first line.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,192,084.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
then this reply would have added no value. But I then tried to explain why the video was nonsense. The Antarctic is not entirely covered in ice and snow. There are areas with plant life. (I did not know this.)

Apple Sky ignored my reply beyond the first line.
A warm day in Northern Wales would probably be considered frigid in Florida.

If the explanation doesn't fit her narrative then she just ignores the explanation.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,192,084.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What has NASA to do with the earth being a globe? Absolutely nothing. There are several different observations you can make that can only be explained by a globe earth, but not by a flat earth. Some examples:

• Sunrise
  • The sun always looks round, and is the same size as it crosses the sky
  • Sunset
  • Just after sunset, clouds are lit from underneath
  • Watch the sunset while lying down, then stand up and watch it set again
  • Twilight - much shorter near the equator and longer further north (e.g. in the UK).
  • Horizon, not a vanishing point - you can see further from a high point than at sea level. Example: see an island from the top of a hill but not at sea level.
  • Horizon dropping below eye level as you view from higher elevations
  • Ships disappearing bottom first as they pass over the horizon
  • Stars visible in the Northern Hemisphere compared to stars visible in the Southern Hemisphere
  • Moon and constellations appearing inverted in the Southern Hemisphere compared to how they appear in the Northern Hemisphere
  • 24hr daylight during Summer at the poles and 24hr night in Winter at the poles
  • Coriolis effect in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres
  • Solar and Lunar eclipses
  • Flight times between continents in the Southern Hemisphere
  • etc.
None of this has anything to do with NASA and much has been observed for centuries before the USA existed, let alone NASA.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟166,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I doubt these views are unique. Even 10 participants can do this easily in time, with a 1,500 posts long thread.

People want to know the truth, that's why there are 45k views of this so-called "Conspiracy Theory."
So you're saying people are conspiring to raise views? What a joke.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟396,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People want to know the truth, that's why there are 45k views of this so-called "Conspiracy Theory."
sometimes people like watching stupid people makjng fools of themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟166,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sometimes people like watching stupid people makjng fools of themselves.
....and people who enjoy slandering others openly in a cowardly fashion.

Reactions: Apple Sky
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,679.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you're saying people are conspiring to raise views? What a joke.
No. Ten active people make many views in one page (refreshes after new posts are added for reading, after their own posting and posts editing and maybe some more during the day) and it can make thousands in sum, easily. Its not a conspiracy, its just math.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟39,037.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has NASA to do with the earth being a globe?

Loads, the big one for me is how does NASA get their rockets through the firmament ?

They falsify pictures in favor of a globe.
They falsify pictures of the whole Universe.
They filmed the fake 69 Apollo moon landings with the help of Stanley Kubrick ( film producer & director ).
I could go on & on ............

And now NASA are claiming that the earth has a planet inside of it :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,062,490.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's marvelous, let us know when & where we can purchase your book, Good luck :)

No hard feeling hey ? :praying:
Thank you.
It will be on Amazon, eventually.

No, no hard feelings at all. I just felt the "argument" was going nowhere.

Reactions: Apple Sky
Upvote 0