Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That’s a Socratic question. Thats teaching.
Hammster, are you genuinely not processing these words? Can you answer them?

Do you believe that Scripture is Authentic and Real, God Breathed and sufficient to stand on it's own? <- That is also known as human communication. Are you so enthralled with debate, that the humanity within you doesn't see the simple me, asking you a question? I'm not playing games, or anything.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Where do you find that standard in scripture?
John 13:14 I am your Teacher and Lord. I have washed your feet. You should wash each other’s feet also.

Matthew 23:8-11 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and so you do not need anyone to teach you". "But as his anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, abide in HIM"

Ephesians 1:13 says, "In Christ you also were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed".

Do you even read the scripture that people post to you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I can’t be sure you are using those passages correctly.
I'm just going to ask this... is this post actually suggesting that unless John Calvin assembles the passages for you, you don't know if they are assembled per his stipulations, or at the very least, someone's stipulations that he approved of, or approves of him? I don't ask this rudely, or to be difficult, but it is what I have experienced when discussing scripture with you. If I post Calvin's quotes, you seem to engage the passage, but if I post scripture by itself, it's like it doesn't really matter.

Is John Calvin your essential "Gate Keeper" of truth, in whom alone you trust to assemble scripture for you? I'm not kidding or saying anything secretly. I'm genuinely wondering.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,741,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I actually do know what the hint is. It's a term that is well recognized as humorous. It's like saying, I'm drinking water only, then drinking a root beer. This is the Protest acting exactly as what they protested against, in all honesty. It's a circular logic. That guy is bad because he uses sprite in his water squirting pistol, so I'm going to use sprite in my water squirting pistol. It's awkward.

When I say scripture only, I am saying Cross Reference, Language Lexicons, maybe History maps and information about Bible history and translation sifting through one verse to see scholarly opinions of what the root to English means to different translators.
And I still don’t think you know what’s meant by sola scriptura.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,741,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hammster, are you genuinely not processing these words? Can you answer them?

Do you believe that Scripture is Authentic and Real, God Breathed and sufficient to stand on its own? <- That is also known as human communication. Are you so enthralled with debate, that the humanity within you doesn't see the simple me, asking you a question? I'm not playing games, or anything.
And it’s still a Socratic question. It’s still teaching.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,741,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm just going to ask this... is this post actually suggesting that unless John Calvin assembles the passages for you, you don't know if they are assembled per his stipulations, or at the very least, someone's stipulations that he approved of, or approves of him? I don't ask this rudely, or to be difficult, but it is what I have experienced when discussing scripture with you. If I post Calvin's quotes, you seem to engage the passage, but if I post scripture by itself, it's like it doesn't really matter.

Is John Calvin your essential "Gate Keeper" of truth, in whom alone you trust to assemble scripture for you? I'm not kidding or saying anything secretly. I'm genuinely wondering.
I don’t read much of Calvin. Sorry to disappoint.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,741,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
John 13:14 I am your Teacher and Lord. I have washed your feet. You should wash each other’s feet also.

Matthew 23:8-11 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and so you do not need anyone to teach you". "But as his anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, abide in HIM"

Ephesians 1:13 says, "In Christ you also were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed".

Do you even read the scripture that people post to you?
Why quote Paul?

Upvote 0