The famine of hearing the words of the LORD....

orbiter

Apr 1, 2016
Fl
✟78,302.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in Christ.

We are currently in a severe “famine”….a famine of hearing the words of the LORD. We are in a spiritual drought where many "thirsty" for water....the living water of the Spirit of Truth which is not being heard.

Amo 8:
(11) Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
(12) And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
(13) In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst

The gospel…the glorious good news of Christ…is hid to those who are perishing away to the grave in their mortal bodies. If they don’t know it, how can they be preaching it with its true meaning to anyone?

How can they be feeding anyone spiritually if they do not understand? Then those who they are "preaching" to are also perishing away as they are not hearing the Word nor do they have faith in it. Faith comes from hearing....and hearing comes from the true Word of God.

2Co 4:3-5
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost (PERISHING):

They serve for their belly only….the “god of this age”….and so their minds have been blinded of them which truly don’t believe.

(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

They preach themselves. They feed themselves. They are only minding earthly things (what to eat, what to drink, what to wear) in their preaching.

(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

The “shepherds”….the pastors…of the churches are only feeding themselves (literally) and not the flock of God spiritually with the Word of Truth….the gospel of our salvation because they do not understand it.

Eze 34:1-3 KJV
(1) And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
(2) Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

The flock is the “flock of the slaughter” as they perish mortally from this earth without hearing the Truth of the gospel of their salvation.

(3) Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.

They cry “peace” to those who will put food in their mouths and war against those who don’t.

Mic 3:5-7 KJV
(5) Thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.

Therefore it is “night” unto them. The gospel is hid to them. The Scriptures cannot be understood. They have not a “vision”….a revelation of the Scripture of Truth. It…the Scriptures…shall be dark (the light or knowledge of it is withheld) unto them.

(6) Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them.
(7) Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for there is no answer of God.

They follow in the footsteps of Judas (their guide) who having received the "sop" (a crumb, a mouthful) went immediately out and it was "night"....as they do not understand the gospel of Christ. The "sop" was dipped ....it was hard-earned bread of others who worked for it by the sweat of their brow.

Joh 13:30 KJV
(30) He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

They have become ministers of Satan by doing so.

Joh 13:27 KJV
(27) And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

The “black horse” in Revelation 6 represents that lack of knowledge that they have as their understanding is darkened to the true meaning....and the resulting severe famine that comes as a result of it.

Rev 6:5-6 KJV
(5) And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

Yet, they get their pay for it…..and they rejoice. Hurt not the oil and the wine…..the rejoicing of them in this situation.

(6) And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Wine and oil makes the heart of man glad and makes his face to shine….rejoicing. They are allowed to rejoice in the famine of hearing the Word of God.

Psa 104:15 KJV
(15) And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

They do not “pay” those they are deceiving with the preaching of the Word of Truth (that they do not understand) as they live in pleasure on the earth. The drumbeat of their own hearts drown out the cries of those who they preach themselves to.

Jas 5:4-6 KJV
(4) Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

They rejoice in this situation….nourishing their hearts, as in a “day of slaughter” as the mortal bodies of those they are preaching to perish. Hurt not the oil and the wine.

(5) Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
(6) Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

Hurt not the oil and the wine of rejoicing.

Behold, there is “joy and gladness” while the sheep are being killed. Let us eat and drink “for tomorrow we die” when the good news is that we shall not perish from this earth but have an age-lasting life here.

Isa 22:13-14 KJV
(13) And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.
(14) And it was revealed in mine ears by the LORD of hosts, Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you till ye die, saith the Lord GOD of hosts

The rich pastors (the rulers of the church of God) “fare sumptuously” every day…that is, they “rejoice brilliantly” every day. Their hearts rejoice and their faces are brightened.

“Fare” = euphrainō - From G2095 and G5424; to put (middle voice or passive voice be) in a good frame of mind, that is, rejoice: - fare, make glad, be (make) merry, rejoice.

They are clothed in purple….they are rulers. They love and rejoice in their positions.

They are clothed in “fine linen”…appearing as ministers of righteousness.

Luk 16:19-21

(19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared (REJOICE) sumptuously (BRILLIANTLY) every day:

Their congregations that they are “feeding” with “crumbs” is “Lazarus” (meaning “God will help” as He will come and deliver them from their rulership).

They lay at the “gate” of their mouths wanting to be fed with what they are preaching to them…but are only receiving “crumbs”.

They are “full of sores”….their churches are full of troubles under their “pastoring”.

The dogs come and lick their sores….they “heal” their sores with empty, flattering words.

(20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
(21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

They heal their “hurt” slightly saying “peace, peace” when there is no peace.

Jer 6:13-14 KJV
(13) For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
(14) They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

There is no soundness in their churches from the bottom to the top (the rulers). The sores are not healed because they do not preach the Word of Truth to their congregations.

Isa 1:6 KJV
(6) From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

But God shall help “Lazarus”. He will save His flock so that they will not longer be a prey. He will judge between cattle and cattle….the fat cattle (the rulers who feed themselves only) and the lean cattle (those who are not being fed the Word of Truth).

Eze 34:22-24 KJV
(22) Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.

(23) And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
(24) And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.

The Lord Jesus shall feed them. Everyone that is thirsty in this famine of hearing the true Word of God are invited to come the waters…to hear what the Spirit of Truth is saying. It is without price (in contrast to the rich rulers who preach for money’s sake).

Isa 55:1-3 KJV
(1) Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Why spend your money for that which is not bread. Their preaching is without meaning. They can’t spiritually feed anyone so why go and pay them to hear something that does not satisfy.

(2) Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

(3) Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

We are to hear what the Spirit is saying. Let him that is thirsty from this severe famine and drought of hearing the Word of God take the water of life FREELY….without price.

Rev 22:17 KJV
(17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.