South Wales
✟13,135.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Gods sabbath rest is a future event I believe is Christs millennial reign Christ said

‭John 5:17 ESV‬
[17] But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

So if the Father and Son are still working it means Gods sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into
‭Hebrews 4:1 ESV‬
[1] Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it.

It also means creation is ongoing God rested after he finished his creation man in his image which is Jesus Christ when he stands before the throne of God with the multitude of believers.

Love and Peace
Dave

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Gods sabbath rest is a future event I believe is Christs millennial reign Christ said

[17] But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

So if the Father and Son are still working it means Gods sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into
[1] Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it.

It also means creation is ongoing God rested after he finished his creation man in his image which is Jesus Christ when he stands before the throne of God with the multitude of believers.

Love and Peace
Dave
I respect this perspective. May I suggest that God, also said; "It is Finished"?

• Useful
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟13,135.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I respect this perspective. May I suggest that God, also said; "It is Finished"?
Hi Grip Docility thank you for your reply yes Christ said it is finished on the cross I think he ment the way of salvation for the world was finished.

‭Isaiah 46:10 ESV‬
[10] declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

Yes God is telling us the end from the beginning of course the end is the end of creation which is man in the image of God which is Jesus Christ when he presents himself before the throne of God with his body of believers this will be the start of his millennium the 7th day of creation.
The 7th day is Gods sabbath rest wich we can enter into the 7 days began with Noah and would be a thousand years long so creation is ongoing the Father and son are still working on creation it will soon be finished and the Father can rest when Christ reins for a thousand years.

eb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

So let us strive to enter Gods rest

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Grip Docility thank you for your reply yes Christ said it is finished on the cross I think he ment the way of salvation for the world was finished.

‭Isaiah 46:10 ESV‬
[10] declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

Yes God is telling us the end from the beginning of course the end is the end of creation which is man in the image of God which is Jesus Christ when he presents himself before the throne of God with his body of believers this will be the start of his millennium the 7th day of creation.
The 7th day is Gods sabbath rest wich we can enter into the 7 days began with Noah and would be a thousand years long so creation is ongoing the Father and son are still working on creation it will soon be finished and the Father can rest when Christ reins for a thousand years.

eb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

So let us strive to enter Gods rest

Love and Peace
Dave
Could, we ... currently say that... Jesus is our Sabbath Rest?

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟13,135.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Grip Docility thank you for your reply Christ will reign for a thousand years I think that means he will be working the question is doing what I think it will be educating the believers after all we have a lot to learn if we are going to appear before God.

Love and Peace
Dave

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Grip Docility thank you for your reply Christ will reign for a thousand years I think that means he will be working the question is doing what I think it will be educating the believers after all we have a lot to learn if we are going to appear before God.

Love and Peace
Dave
I lay my debate cards on the table, because what you said matters to me more. I do believe that Jesus is and forever will be our Sabbath Rest. However, I yearn to hear Him speak! I yearn to "touch His garment" that I might be healed. (Metaphor)

I, too, am eager to have the One True King of all Creation, take His rightful seat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟13,135.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Grip Docility thank you for your reply the 7th day is the Fathers sabbath rest the creation is finished it is Christ the head and his body of believers and we enter into the Fathers sabbath rest but I think Christ will still be working instructing us so that we can appear before the Father

Love and Peace
Dave

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
May I suggest that God, also said; "It is Finished"?
His "finished" work is still doing a work in me today. Most people say He is not finished with me yet. Jesus accomplished all at Calvary and nothing can be added to that. Still the Holy Spirit does a work in our life so we can be the people God ordained us to be. Psalm 139 16. Even the angels read the book of our life so they can help us to be the person God said we are to be. They keep a record of our life for when the books are opened and the dead are judged based on what is written in the books.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. revelation 20:12.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
His "finished" work is still doing a work in me today. Most people say He is not finished with me yet. Jesus accomplished all at Calvary and nothing can be added to that. Still the Holy Spirit does a work in our life so we can be the people God ordained us to be. Psalm 139 16. Even the angels read the book of our life so they can help us to be the person God said we are to be. They keep a record of our life for when the books are opened and the dead are judged based on what is written in the books.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. revelation 20:12.
Praise Jesus that we who believe shall bypass judgement, but inherit eternal life.

And… praise the Potter Who Living shapes our stubborn clay.

<3

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Praise Jesus that we who believe shall bypass judgement, but inherit eternal life.
I remember learning that somewhere along the way. We are not judge by God we are judged by Jesus to see if we receive crowns or rewards. Then there is a passage of throwing crowns at the feet of Jesus. We are not worthy compared to all He does for us. But we are saved by faith and not works so no one can boast in themselves.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I remember learning that somewhere along the way. We are not judge by God we are judged by Jesus to see if we receive crowns or rewards. Then there is a passage of throwing crowns at the feet of Jesus. We are not worthy compared to all He does for us. But we are saved by faith and not works so no one can boast in themselves.
I wish that they would start putting Jesus for King on all of world wide voting ballots! :D

The real one, not any imposters, of coarse…

I’m just being silly, but He would have my vote! :D

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
wish that they would start putting Jesus for King on all of world wide voting ballots! :D
I think we are suppose to do something to prepare the way for the Lord, but I do not know what.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think we are suppose to do something to prepare the way for the Lord, but I do not know what.
We wait on Him. We Love our neighbor as the Holy Spirit guides… and allow Him to work through us as only He can.

He is waiting until the time of the gentiles is over. When almost the entire world falls away from God… a false god will reign for a time, then Jesus will conclude times.

Rejoice in His easy yoke. <3

He may not come for another 500 years or soon. We just rest in His work and continue to move by His Holy Spirit… <3

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟828,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Love and Peace
Dave
Christians are alive in God's rest, 24/7. There are no works which man can do which lead to salvation. We depend, totally, in the works of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He may not come for another 500 years or soon.
He may not come for another 1,000 years. We are very close to the 1,000 year reign of Christ but that could be symbolic and not a physical return where His feet actually touch the ground.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He may not come for another 1,000 years. We are very close to the 1,000 year reign of Christ but that could be symbolic and not a physical return where His feet actually touch the ground.
He will physically return, in His time. We get to be with Him when our tent collapses and will be just as curious up there, about His timing. All is well. Also, All Love to you, In His Name.

I know this is a little extra, but I know His blood will bring many inside and outside the brick and mortar home. It is sad that so many extra biblical writings divide the body, but, I’m sure His precious blood covers that, also.

- Grip

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He will physically return, in His time.
Yes, we are told that He will return the same way He departed. Yet we are also told that we shall meet Him in the air. He comes for His church and then He returns with HIs Bride. We are told about a wedding feast that takes place in Heaven. The rapture takes place up to the end of the age. We are told that the resurrection is at the time of a new Heaven and a New Earth. We are told there will be a time of peace and safety when the Lion will lay down with the Lamb. At first He came as a Lamb, the sacrifice of God. The Hebrew people have always looked for Him to come as the Lion of Judah. At the time of Calvary the people wanted Barnaba's because he wanted to fight for the independence of Jerusalem. That did not turn out well, the temple was tore down and looted. The city was sacked. So much for their rebellion against the Greeks. Of course they have always been a small nation. The smallest of all nations. Yet they have a reputation for being the people of God. Or think of themselves that way.

There is a lot of prophecy in the Bible and it is difficult to sort through it all.

Acts 1:11 "“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Paul talks about what a lot of people call the rapture (caught up) 1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Zechariah 14:4 "On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south."

Plate technotics confirms that this is exactly what is going to happed. North and South - East and West will be split or divided at the same time. This will establish the New Jerusalem. 1500 by 1500 by 1500 miles. That gives them mineral rights and the air space over their land and even the space that satellites travel in.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Christ said it is finished on the cross
His work was finished at Calvery. But He had not begun to do a work in us until almost 2,000 years later. So the work He does in us is a finished work.

Upvote 0