✟79,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Religions of this world have been doing wonders and signs
This is what we call the placebo effect. The miracles of God have to go beyond what we can do with the power of suggestion and positive thinking. I actually know quite a bit about this.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Whose Love?
God's love. You are the first person I have ever known that is skeptical about God Himself. This is why we need to know God. I was seeking God for a long time and then He began to reveal Himself to me. My pastor was a tele evangelist. I know people like to attack them. The Bible tells us that there is going to be persecution. I do understand the name it and claim it, blab it and grab it theology. I am not fresh off the boat. I have been around the block a few times.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟339,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's love. You are the first person I have ever known that is skeptical about God Himself.

I'm skeptical of religious men "who come in Christ's Name", as the Jesus "of the Bible" instructs, but walk in and promote a religion HE didn't walk in. There is nothing in my post that would suggest I am skeptical about God Himself. But I get that you must continue to change the subject away from what is actually written.
This is why we need to know God. I was seeking God for a long time and then He began to reveal Himself to me.

God tells men how they can know if they truly know Him or not. But "many" who "Profess to know Him" don't really believe what HE inspired to be written.

1 John 2: 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only we do NOT see all of the earth as you suggest. Nor do we see ALL in front of high hills as you suggest. We do see all of heaven or all of the sky. So they were not afraid to use the word all. Which is a very powerful word in Hebrew.

Why do you see that? That is not true. Who told you that? The word is most definitely used twice.

Gen 7:19 וְהַמַּ֗יִם And the waters
גָּ֥בְר֛וּ prevailed
מְאֹ֥ד more מְאֹ֖ד and more
עַל־ upon
הָאָ֑רֶץ the earth
וַיְכֻסּ֗וּ were covered
כָּל־ all הֶֽהָרִים֙ hills
הַגְּבֹהִ֔ים
the high
אֲשֶׁר־ after
תַּ֖חַת that [were] under
כָּל־ everywhere
הַשָּׁמָֽיִם׃ the heaven
One can plainly see from the Masoretic text posted in the quote above that it is all the hills and all that is under heaven that the waters prevailed against. Which is contrary to your quote above when you said it wasn't all the hills that the watered prevailed against. And this error is from the first paragraph of your post. Shall we continue in respect to the other errors that are in it? Or maybe you should delete the post and apologize for possibly leading people astray considering you are blatantly wrong from the start of it. That is what a Christian would do.

Earth does not mean earth? Then what does it mean?

Reread the post and the your quote. Your question doesn’t make any sense and respect to what was posted to you and quoted from you. Take care.

Every post has to be a new beginning.
No every post is suppose to be related to the previous when a conversation is ensuing.
I am 72 years old and I am not going to go back to see what we are talking about.
Here it is then. Start at the top and read to the bottom again and you will see your error. Hopefully every one else that has read your post has. Take care

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
One can plainly see from the Masoretic text posted in the quote above that it is all the hills and all that is under heaven that the waters prevailed against.
That is exactly what happened at the time of Pangea. This is why you find sea fossils at the top of mountains. Noah's flood is a paradigm or a shadow and a type of the flood that took place when Pangea was destroyed. I have also studied the elevation maps for the middle east where we find the Tigris and Euphrates river valley where Noah's flood took place. The Persian gulf is still there today so Eden is still under water.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is exactly what happened at the time of Pangea. This is why you find sea fossils at the top of mountains. Noah's flood is a paradigm or a shadow and a type of the flood that took place when Pangea was destroyed. I have also studied the elevation maps for the middle east where we find the Tigris and Euphrates river valley where Noah's flood took place. The Persian gulf is still there today so Eden is still under water.
It is more important for you to recognize and admit your error, than for you to proceed in this line of discourse.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,201.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is more important for you to recognize and admit your error, than for you to proceed in this line of discourse.
Hi these words come to mind

‭2 Timothy 2:14 ESV‬
[14] Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers.

So shall we get back to Gods sabbath rest which I believe is a future event and would be Christ's millennium reign when everything is put in the hands of Christ to finish the creation we know that in Christ we are a new creation.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe that is the case with you. People always accuse others of what they are guilty of.
God does not give us the ability to judge others. We can only judge ourselves.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So shall we get back to Gods sabbath rest which I believe is a future event and would be Christ's millennium reign when everything is put in the hands of Christ to finish the creation we know that in Christ we are a new creation.
So do you think the millennium is literal that we will rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years or is this symbolic in some way?

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟339,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe that is the case with you. People always accuse others of what they are guilty of.
God does not give us the ability to judge others. We can only judge ourselves.

James 5: 19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

I understand you have your religion to preserve, defend and promote. But you are preaching to others things about God and His Word which are simply not true. Your statement above is only one of several examples of this.

Can you not see the hypocrisy in your own preaching? You make the judgment about others, "People always accuse others of what they are guilty of", clearly directed towards HIM. Then, from the same mouth, you preach "God does not give us the ability to judge others".

This same foolishness is evident in most all of your posts. It's almost like walking around with your fly unzipped, and then getting angry or offended when someone shows you a kindness by telling you something unseemly about yourself that you didn't know.

It's easy to "hear" that men should judge themselves. But only the "Doers" of the sayings can benefit from the practice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟14,201.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So do you think the millennium is literal that we will rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years or is this symbolic in some way?
I believe the millenium is definitely real and is most definitely not symbolic its the last day of the creation that began with Noah.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0