Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What was the point of the question as it relates to the OP?
Remember when I listed my theological reasoning and answered the question directly? You have found agreement in one of those points.... though I know that Determinist gymnastics would dissolve that agreement... you spoke it as a simple yes, void of any extra discussion, thus following Christ's precept of honesty and peace.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well,

lets see.

You posted a Thread that accuses God of genocide, as if because you posted it, it must be true

You're Thread's accusation is nothing more then your opinion @Hammster .

And nothing less.

And ive explained to you, at least using 4 different concepts, why... .when God does something, Its always RIGHT, Moral, and True.

So, continuing the conversational pursuit of "does God kill people", that you are here to talk about... i showed you a few who are currently breathing that deserve it, based on the harm they have caused people, for years, decades.
I posted for you 2 others who got what they deserved, based on their "God mocking".

And yet, God's mercy, allows for free will, and they have used their's to destroy, and sometimes, we see someone taken out, and at other times, they are allowed to continue.
And only God is qualified to know what that happens..

We are not qualified to sit in Judgement against God Almighty's ways and methods, as i told you.
I’m not sure why you think I’m judging God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Remember when I listed my theological reasoning and answered the question directly? You have found agreement in one of those points.... though I know that Determinist gymnastics would dissolve that agreement... you spoke it as a simple yes, void of any extra discussion, thus following Christ's precept of honesty and peace.
That didn’t answer the question. But I’m getting used that.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟93,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That’s not mentioned in the text. From the text, what did the people do wrong?
IT IS MENTIONED IN THE TEXT as it lists the very people that God is speaking of by giving land location "Heshbon".
. History and Archelogy matter. It doesn't corrupt the text. It's true. It's easy to study out, as it only took me 15 minutes of sleuthing.

I apologize that Reformed theology uses this passage to justify the random Reprobation of God's Creation... but those folks were Baby Burners. This is not an example of God moving against innocent, neutral people. They were Amorites. I can search this within the constraint of Biblical geography and timeframe. Gen. 15:15 In the fourth generation they will return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure." God had motive. Satan was to Blame.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You say that God committed "Genocide'.

Actually, your CALVINISED... that its Pre-ordained Genocide.

I dont think i have to show you this, as you are the person who posted the Thread, fella.

Ok then, we're done.
So you disagree that God the deliberately and systematicly exterminated a national, racial, political, or cultural group?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
IT IS MENTIONED IN THE TEXT as it lists the very people that God is speaking of by giving land location "Heshbon".
. History and Archelogy matter. It doesn't corrupt the text. It's true. It's easy to study out, as it only took me 15 minutes of sleuthing.

I apologize that Reformed theology uses this passage to justify the random Reprobation of God's Creation... but those folks were Baby Burners. This is not an example of God moving against innocent, neutral people. They were Amorites. I can search this within the constraint of Biblical geography and timeframe. Gen. 15:15 In the fourth generation they will return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure." God had motive. Satan was to Blame.
So nothing from the text itself. That’s important.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This entire discussion is right out of reformed doctrine used to proselytize Reformed Determination Theology. Do you think I'm STUPID? I learn doctrines to assist me in knowing perspectives.
All I know is that this hasn’t been addressed.

Let me see if I can simplify this. A sticking point in Reformed Theology is the doctrine of election. And a very common argument used against it is normally a comment along the lines that God loves everyone and wants everyone to repent, assuming that’s what 2 Peter 3:9 is stating.

So the question is, how can this be reconciled with the many examples in scripture where God commanded the destruction of a people, actually destroyed a people Himself directly, or deliberately neglected bringing the gospel to a people?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,764,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

1715191482712.png

Okay, I just did a big clean up of off topic posts. Some were flat out violations of the Disruptive Behavior rule.

IF YOU CANNOT STAY ON TOPIC, DO NOT POST.
Do not insult other members if they disagree with you.

If you think that God's decision to destroy certain peoples had to be evil so it had to be from Satan, then what about the Flood?

If you cannot discuss this calmly, do not post. Don't make me thread ban you.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,166,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does this address the question I asked?
The text quoted directly shows how we see reconciled what you asked about in your OP --> "reconcile the multiple examples of God-ordained genocide in the OT with your view of God loving everyone and wanting them all saved" == showing how this is reconciled with a powerful example of God saving some even after mortal death who perished in population level exterminations.

So, it's a very direct answer to precisely your very question.

2nd related OP aspect: but also I notice for the label "arminian" it may be that I haven't the same idea of what you mean by 'arminian'.... (even after looking it up, etc.). I've been answering with the assumption here in this discussion that 'arminian' could be approximated on one aspect (just this one) to be 'the mainstream Christian view that there is no predestination to destruction until after a person does enough evil (without repenting, for a long enough time, with an attitude that doesn't curve towards future repentance is my own viewpoint: then finally such a person finally becomes a 'vessel for destruction'). But I notice that since you included 'synerginistic' and also referenced it again later, that you may be thinking of a rather different view than I was speaking from possibly, and I'm not sure. We are saved solely by Grace alone, when we turn to Christ in faith, and that opportunity to turn to Him remains throughout the entire life of most individuals, but not all. But since you are referencing the Old Covenant times before Christ, then the rules we learn in the Old Testament are that God has mercy on those who repent of their sins and offer propitiatory sacrifice (paying a penalty in effect: the cost of the offering). Also, in the Old Testament, like the New, God doesn't count lack of awareness of breaking His Law (conscience does count though) as sin -- but wishes to extend an opportunity to repent to those who didn't know better. This is simply what one finds at times in the OT. (ask if you like to see an example)

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So, it's a very direct answer to precisely your very question.
Okay. I guess I just don’t understand since we aren’t talking about the days of Noah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟833,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So the question is, how can this be reconciled with the many examples in scripture where God commanded the destruction of a people, actually destroyed a people Himself directly, or deliberately neglected bringing the gospel to a people?
I am glade you present your specific argument.

Do you assume death is “bad” in and of itself. when we can first realize death for the “elect” allows them to go home, but that does leave everyone else, so what happens with them?

We have a large group “A” of: unborn, new born, young children, children, those who lived without the opportunity to know Christ and mentally challenged people not directly addressed in scripture, who die, so what happens to them?

From what we do know about God (God being Love itself and not wanting any to parish), we might assume this group “A”, all those not specifically addressed as not going or going to heaven, would continue living in a very protected and monitored, heaven type situation, yet never fulfilling their earthly objective. These would be Loved, but would never obtain a Godly type Love themselves. This just has to be the way it is to provide the best opportunity and incentive for willing individuals still living and yet have not made their free will choice to humbly accept God’s Love as pure undeserved charity.

Those who had the full opportunity they needed to of their own free will correctly accept God’s Love yet have continued to refuse to the point, there is nothing more God could do to help them accept His Love and thus will never accept, take on a much lesser objective (like those trying to stay in the promised land). These same refusers have fulfilled the lesser objective of preparing the promised land for the Jews.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I am glade you present your specific argument.

Do you assume death is “bad” in and of itself.

Yes. It’s Christ’s final enemy.
when we can first realize death for the “elect” allows them to go home, but that does leave everyone else, so what happens with them?
Death isn’t necessary for us to go home.
We have a large group “A” of: unborn, new born, young children, children, those who lived without the opportunity to know Christ and mentally challenged people not directly addressed in scripture, who die, so what happens to them?

From what we do know about God (God being Love itself and not wanting any to parish), we might assume this group “A”, all those not specifically addressed as not going or going to heaven, would continue living in a very protected and monitored, heaven type situation, yet never fulfilling their earthly objective. These would be Loved, but would never obtain a Godly type Love themselves. This just has to be the way it is to provide the best opportunity and incentive for willing individuals still living and yet have not made their free will choice to humbly accept God’s Love as pure undeserved charity.

Those who had the full opportunity they needed to of their own free will correctly accept God’s Love yet have continued to refuse to the point, there is nothing more God could do to help them accept His Love and thus will never accept, take on a much lesser objective (like those trying to stay in the promised land). These same refusers have fulfilled the lesser objective of preparing the promised land for the Jews.
What about the “innocent” children in Sihon? Did they deserve to die?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,166,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay. I guess I just don’t understand since we aren’t talking about the days of Noah.
That's one of the key questions here: Was this special chance to hear the gospel only for this group of sinners alive just before the Flood?

Or would that even fit the overall sense of scripture more broadly? Is a time limitation being intended even or is there a difference aim in choosing those perishing in the flood as the object? Are the people from the Flood a perfect example for all the wicked that would come later in time but had not yet had a chance to hear the gospel -- so just perfectly representative to illustrate for a larger group?

These are some of the questions this brings to mind for many readers.

But, since these kinds of question naturally come right to mind, they then get also addressed in some commentaries....

I'll quote some from the Pulpit Commentary on that: (it may look long, but I will encourage any reader it's worth it -- the topic is the fate of hundreds of millions of souls outside of Israel before Christ's time....)

I'll break up the long entry at some points of very notable sentences...

"Verse 20. - 'Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a-preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.' ... ... The verse now before us limits the area of the Lord's preaching: without it we might have supposed that he preached to the whole multitude of the dead, or at least to all the ungodly dead whose spirits were in prison. Why does St. Peter specify the generation that was swept away by the Flood? Did they need the preaching of the Christ more than other sinful souls? or was there any special reason why that grace should be vouchsafed to them rather than to others? The fact must have been revealed to the apostle; but evidently we are in the presence of a mystery into which we can see only a little way. Those antediluvians were a conspicuous instance of men who suffered for evil doing (see ver. 17); as Christ is the transcendent Example of one who suffered for well-doing. It is better to suffer with him than with them: they are in prison. His chosen are with him in Paradise. But St. Peter cannot rest in the contemplation of the Lord's death as an example; he must pass on to the deeper, the more mysterious aspects of that most stupendous or' events. The Lord suffered concerning sins, for the sake of unrighteous men; not only did he die for them, he did not rest from his holy work even while his sacred body lay in the grave; he went and preached to some whose sins had been most notorious, and most signally punished. The judgment had been one of unexampled awfulness; eight souls only were saved in the ark, many thousands perished. It may be that St. Peter mentions the fewness of the saved to indicate one reason for this gracious visit. It seems that the awful destruction of the Deluge had made a deep impression upon his mind; he mentions it twice in his Second Epistle (2 Peter 2:5; 3:6); he saw in it a solemn anticipation of the last tremendous judgment. Doubtless he remembered well how the Lord, in his great prophetic discourse upon the Mount of Olives, had compared the days of Noah to the coming of the Son of man (Matthew 24:37-39); those words seem to give a special character to the Deluge, separating it from other lesser judgments, and investing it with a peculiar awfulness. It may be that the apostle's thoughts had dwelt much upon the many mysterious problems (such as the great destruction of infant life) connected with it; and that a special revelation was vouchsafed to him to clear up some of his difficulties. These spirits, in prison at the time of the descent into Hades, had aforetime been disobedient. The Greek word (ἀπειθήσασι) means literally "disbelieving;" but here, as in 1 Peter 2:7 and elsewhere, it stands for that willful unbelief which sets itself in direct opposition to the will of God. They were guilty of unbelief, and of the disobedience which results from unbelief. Noah was a "preacher of righteousness" (2 Peter 2:5, where the Greek word is κῆρυξ, the substantive corresponding with the verb ἐκήρυξεν here); the vast structure of the ark was a standing warning as it rose slowly before their eyes. The long-suffering of God waited all those hundred and twenty years (Genesis 6:3), as now the Lord is "long-suffering to usward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). But they heeded neither the preaching of Noah nor the long-suffering of God; and at last "the Flood came, and took them all away. So shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Eight only were saved then; they doubtless suffered for well-doing; they had to endure much scorn and derision, perhaps persecution. But they were not disobedient. "By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house." The eight were brought safe through (διεσώθησαν); they were saved through the water; the water bore them up, possibly rescued them from persecution. But the rest perished; the destruction of life was tremendous; we know not how many thousands perished: they suffered for evil-doing. But the degrees of guilt must have varied greatly from open pro-faulty and hostility to silent doubt; while there were many children and very young persons; and it may be that many repented at the last moment.

(halbhh here, Yes, this entry on verse 1rst Peter 3:19 is long, but the stakes are huge, and worth the time to consider; I just wanted to put a little break in the text here at this crucial question just above, to highlight this last question above, and to to encourage anyone to keep reading and not miss out on this careful consideration of this huge question here....)

"...and it may be that some of these, having been "judged according to men in the flesh," now "live according to God in the spirit" (1 Peter 4:6). For it is impossible to believe that the Lord's preaching was a "concio damnatoria." The Lord spoke sternly sometimes in the days of his flesh, but it was the warning voice of love; even that sternest denunciation of the concentrated guilt and hypocrisy of the Pharisees ended in a piteous wail of loving sorrow. It cannot he that the most merciful Savior would have visited souls irretrievably lost merely to upbraid them and to enhance their misery. He had just suffered for sins, the Just for the unjust: is it not possible that one of the effects of that suffering might have been "to bring unto God" some souls who once had been alienated from God by wicked works, but had not wholly hardened their hearts; who, like the men of Tyro and Sidon, Sodom and Gomorrah, had not the opportunities which we enjoy, who had not been once enlightened and made partakers of the heavenly gift and the powers of the world to come? Is it not possible that in those words, "which sometime were disobedient," there may be a hint that that disobedience of theirs was not the "eternal sin" which, according to the reading of the two most ancient manuscripts in Mark 3:29, is the awful lot of those who have never forgiveness? The Lord preached to the spirits in prison; that word (ἐκήρυξεν) is commonly used of the heralds of salvation,...

[!]

and St. Peter himself, in the next chapter, tells us that "the gospel was preached (εὐηγγελίσθη) to them that are dead." The gospel is the good tidings of salvation through the cross of Christ. The Lord had just died upon the cross: is it not possible that, in the moment of victory, he announced the saving power of the cross to some who had greatly sinned; as at the time of his resurrection "many bodies of the saints who slept arose"? There is one more question which forces itself upon us - What was the result of this preaching? Did the spirits in prison listen to the Savior's voice? Were they delivered from that prison where they had been so long confined? Here Scripture is almost silent; yet we read the words of hope in 1 Peter 4:6, "For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." The good news was announced to them that they might live; then may we not dare to hope that some at least listened to that gracious preaching, and were saved even out of that prison by the power of the Savior's cross? May we not venture to believe, with the author of the ' Christian Year,' that even in that dreary scene the Savior's eye reached the thronging band of sou]s, and that his cross and Passion, his agony and bloody sweat, might (we know not how or in what measure) "set the shadowy realms from sin and sorrow free?" It seems desirable to add a brief summary of the history of opinion on this much-controverted passage. The early Greek Fathers appear to have held, with one consent, that St. Peter is here speaking of that descent into Hades of which he had spoken in his first great sermon (Acts 2:31). Justin Martyr, in his' Dialogue with Trypho' (sect. 72), accuses the Jews of having erased from the prophecies of Jeremiah the following words: "The Lord God of Israel remembered his dead who slept in the land of the tomb, and descended to them to preach to them the good news of his salvation." Irenseus quotes the same passage, attributing it in one place to Isaiah, in another to Jeremiah, and adds that the Lord's purpose was to deliver them and to save them (extrahere eos et salvare cos). Tertullian says that the Lord descended into the lower parts of the earth, to make the patriarchs partakers of himself (compotes sui; 'De Anima,' c. 55). Clement of Alexandria quotes Hermas as saying that "the apostles and teachers who had preached the Name of the Son of God and had fallen asleep, preached by his power and faith to those who had fallen asleep before them" ('Strom.,' 2:9).

[Get that? Many prominent Church Fathers understood this in this way it seems! --> Christ descended to the dead (remember the words of the Apostle's Creed?) and it is appropriately to be expected to be for good results.... Perhaps even that all those willing to truly repent humbly upon hearing the Message (even if they be only 1% or 5%) might there and then have been saved!!....]

(the entry continues, being the longest single entry on one verse I've ever seen I think, of hundreds)

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟833,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. It’s Christ’s final enemy.
Death has been defeated, so why is it bad now?

Death isn’t necessary for us to go home.
I did not say it was. I said it allows us to go home, but did not say it is the only way to get home.
What about the “innocent” children in Sihon? Did they deserve to die?
Sihon was a king, not a nation?

I just said and shown lots of innocent people dying, which God allows and/or causes.

Unfortunately, some of us need to know and realize: anyone, at any time can be killed or die (God can stop protecting and providing life to this group “A” people: unborn, new born, young children, children, those who lived without the opportunity to know Christ and mentally challenged people not directly addressed in scripture, who die.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Death has been defeated, so why is it bad now?
It’s His final enemy.
For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
— 1 Corinthians 15:25-26
I did not say it was. I said it allows us to go home, but did not say it is the only way to get home.
Just because good comes from it doesn’t make it good.
Sihon was a king, not a nation?
My bad. Heshbon.
I just said and shown lots of innocent people dying, which God allows and/or causes.

Unfortunately, some of us need to know and realize: anyone, at any time can be killed or die (God can stop protecting and providing life to this group “A” people: unborn, new born, young children, children, those who lived without the opportunity to know Christ and mentally challenged people not directly addressed in scripture, who die.

If God didn’t want anyone to perish, nobody would perish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟833,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s His final enemy.
For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
— 1 Corinthians 15:25-26
The fact that Jesus did not abolish death right away, supports the idea of death having benefit for some people. There is no death in heaven and physical death for Christians has lost its sting.

1 Cor. 15: 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[h]

55 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Death continues to be with us, for the benefits death brings to some in this life, but death has lost its sting for us. Do you have a fear of dying?
Just because good comes from it doesn’t make it good.
Would it have been “good” for Adam and Eve to live forever and yet never fulfill their earthly objective or have them have the very best opportunity to fulfill their earthly objective die and spend eternity in heaven?
If God didn’t want anyone to perish, nobody would perish.
Those who fulfill their earthly objective, obtain eternal life here on earth and do not perish, but will transition from life on earth to a much better life in heaven.

Those who would not be happy in heaven do not have to go there.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The fact that Jesus did not abolish death right away, supports the idea of death having benefit for some people. There is no death in heaven and physical death for Christians has lost its sting.

1 Cor. 15: 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[h]

55 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Death continues to be with us, for the benefits death brings to some in this life, but death has lost its sting for us. Do you have a fear of dying?

It’s clearly an enemy. Just because God can use it, doesn’t make it good.
Would it have been “good” for Adam and Eve to live forever and yet never fulfill their earthly objective or have them have the very best opportunity to fulfill their earthly objective die and spend eternity in heaven?
Had they not sinned, they would have fulfilled their objective.
Those who fulfill their earthly objective, obtain eternal life here on earth and do not perish, but will transition from life on earth to a much better life in heaven.
Okay.
Those who would not be happy in heaven do not have to go there.
Okay.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟833,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s clearly an enemy. Just because God can use it, doesn’t make it good.
You say: “Just because God can use it, doesn’t make it good”, so just because it is an “enemy” to eventually be destroyed, can it provide some "good" along the way and thus be "good" for that period?

Why do you feel death is “bad” for you right now and does not help you?

I keep asking you do you fear this enemy?
Had they not sinned, they would have fulfilled their objective.
No! if they had not sinned they would not have died, but living forever on earth is not man’s objective.

If Adam & Eve’s objective was to live on earth forever, God would have eliminated the tree of Knowledge and satan from the Garden.

Fulfilling the objective, results in eternal life and much more.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,740,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You say: “Just because God can use it, doesn’t make it good”, so just because it is an “enemy” to eventually be destroyed, can it provide some "good" along the way and thus be "good" for that period?
No.
Why do you feel death is “bad” for you right now and does not help you?
I never said that. But living without death is better.
I keep asking you do you fear this enemy?
No.
No! if they had not sinned they would not have died, but living forever on earth is not man’s objective.
Yes it is. Thats why we are tasked with taking dominion.
If Adam & Eve’s objective was to live on earth forever, God would have eliminated the tree of Knowledge and satan from the Garden.
No, He wouldn’t.
Fulfilling the objective, results in eternal life and much more.
We had eternal life. The Fall changed that.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟833,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you now saying: “Physical death is never beneficial for anyone?”

Know that I and everyone else can die (or the Lord can come) at any time, hastens my response to help others (who might not be around to help later on) and to accept God’s forgiveness of my sins, sooner than later.
I never said that. But living without death is better.
Is it better to live here on earth and never fulfill your earthly objective or fulfill your earthly objective and go on to be with God in heaven?
Then why is death bad for you?
Yes it is. Thats why we are tasked with taking dominion.
Are you saying: “Living forever on earth is man’s objective?”

I see God doing or allowing everything possible to help willing humans in the fulfillment of their earthly objective. This messed up tragic world is the very best situation for willing individuals to fulfill their earthly objective, but if the “objective is for humans to live forever on earth, than God has done an extremely poor job of helping any humans. God could have easily left the tree of knowledge out of the Garden, kept satan out of the Garden and made earth just like heaven, all of which would not have helped humans in fulfilling their earthly objective.
No, He wouldn’t.
What possible logical helpful reason does God have for having the tree of knowledge and satan in the Garden?
We had eternal life. The Fall changed that.
Just because you have eternal life, does not make you happy and like God Himself. You want to be like God and eternally with Him in heaven, but God is Love, so you must first obtain this Godly type Love.

Upvote 0