Did Christ die for the sin of unbelief ?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again Christ died for the sin of unbelief, it cannot be charged upon anyone He died for, in fact they will be given the Gift of Faith
We are guilty at the Judgment of the sin in which we die.

They did not die in unbelief and, therefore, are not guilty of it at the Judgment..

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again those for whom Christ died, all their sins including unbelief have been taken away, the vail is taken away, and yes they will be birthed again and given the Gift of Faith. If anyone dies in their sins in unbelief, its because Christ never substituted for them and took away their sins.
All their sin was taken away by belief, which preceded their forgiveness, was the cause of their forgiveness; I.e., salvation.

Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟111,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sin of unbelief is forgiven only by belief.
There is no sin of unbelief in the saved for they have departed from unbelief into belief, which belief (i.e., abandonment of unbelief) is why they are forgiven and now saved.
Yeap.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are guilty at the Judgment of the sin in which we die.

They did not die in unbelief and, therefore, are not guilty of it at the Judgment..
This sounds like a rabbit trail. Again those for whom Christ died, it took away the sin of unbelief, they cant be condemned or it nor any other sin.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All their sin was taken away by belief, which preceded their forgiveness, was the cause of their forgiveness; I.e., salvation.
Sin taken away by belief ? Thats gross error, sins were taken away by the death of Christ, He put them away.Heb 9:26

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1Jn 3 5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Your error is giving credit to mans action of belief, which the credit should go to the death of Christ,thats terrible error

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sin taken away by belief ? Thats gross error, sins were taken away by the death of Christ, He put them away.Heb 9:26
And access to the death of Christ is only by belief (Eph 2:8-9).
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1Jn 3 5
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Your error is giving credit to mans action of belief, which the credit should go to the death of Christ, thats terrible error
Your error is that man's belief is due to man.

Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit (Php 1:29, Ac 13:8, 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3), not a work of man.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This sounds like a rabbit trail. Again those for whom Christ died, it took away the sin of unbelief, they cant be condemned or it nor any other sin.
There is no sin of unbelief in which they die at the death of the saved.
The Holy Spirit gives them the gift of faith (Php 1:29, Ac 13:8, 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3) before they die.

Christ's death was applied to them through their belief (Eph 2:8-9) during their life.
They die without the sin of unbelief, they die saved.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And access to the death of Christ is only by belief (Eph 2:8-9).

Your error is that man's belief is due to man.

Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit (Php 1:29, Ac 13:8, 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3), not a work of man.
Like I said thats error to attribute to man something Christs Death did, taking way sin, unbelief and all, for His Sheep

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no sin of unbelief in which they die at the death of the saved.
The Holy Spirit gives them the gift of faith (Php 1:29, Ac 13:8, 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3) before they die.

Christ's death was applied to them through their belief (Eph 2:8-9) during their life.
They die without the sin of unbelief, they die saved.
Christ died for the sin of unbelief as well as all other sins for the Sheep, and they are all forgiven, even unbelief is forgiven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im not a universalist either, however Jesus couldn't have died for people who shall die in their sins. Do you believe some folk going to die in their sins ?
I understand that Jesus died for all people, but not all people receive the benefit of this.

You can love all people and therefore invite everyone to your birthday party; but not all may come, possibly because they do not value you and your invitation.

Conceit could be the problem: ones might feel you aren't good enough for them. And there are the ones who consider themselves to be too good and too smart for Jesus.

But Jesus died indeed for the whole world.

And we see how Jesus on the cross prayed >

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (in Luke 23:34)

So, Jesus in His heart desired and prayed forgiveness to people who still were busy with hating and torturing and murdering Jesus who is God's own Son. But ones of them possibly did not trust in Jesus and join Him and share with Him and follow Him.

But, by the way, Jesus is our example of how He wants us to love any and all people and have forgiveness ready with tender and adoptive caring ready for any person.

Yes, Jesus died for all sins, including unbelief and the conceit thereof, in a number of cases. Plus, this is our example of how we need to stay ready for love with any impossible and conceited person.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now the sinners Christ died for cannot be charged or have laid to their account unbelief/disobedience, and here's why ! Christ death was a covenantal death, according to the stipulations of the everlasting covenant Heb 13:20 which is also known in time as the New Covenant or Testament Matt 26:28. Now one of the promises of this death is this Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. Well unbelief is a unrighteousness, so God has promised to be merciful to their unrighteousness/unbelief. Same as in Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

So for God to condemn any sinner Christ died for, for unbelief makes God a liar !

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand that Jesus died for all people, but not all people receive the benefit of this.

You can love all people and therefore invite everyone to your birthday party; but not all may come, possibly because they do not value you and your invitation.

Conceit could be the problem: ones might feel you aren't good enough for them. And there are the ones who consider themselves to be too good and too smart for Jesus.

But Jesus died indeed for the whole world.

And we see how Jesus on the cross prayed >

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (in Luke 23:34)

So, Jesus in His heart desired and prayed forgiveness to people who still were busy with hating and torturing and murdering Jesus who is God's own Son. But ones of them possibly did not trust in Jesus and join Him and share with Him and follow Him.

But, by the way, Jesus is our example of how He wants us to love any and all people and have forgiveness ready with tender and adoptive caring ready for any person.

Yes, Jesus died for all sins, including unbelief and the conceit thereof, in a number of cases. Plus, this is our example of how we need to stay ready for love with any impossible and conceited person.
Im not sure what you are saying.

Upvote 0

Ted-01

Apr 26, 2024
Greenville
✟4,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Gospel
So, are you suggesting that someone who remains unbelieving in Jesus, can still be saved, while in that unbelief? That is, if they live their entire life not believing and die rejecting the Gospel, they too can be saved?

I'm just trying to understand, as I've never heard that idea put forth before...

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like I said thats error to attribute to man something Christs Death did, taking way sin, unbelief and all, for His Sheep
No sin is remitted until after faith, which faith is the gift of the Holy Spirit (Php 1:29, Ac 13:8, 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3), as is the new birth (Jn 3:5-8).

new birth --> faith --> salvation (remission of sin) --> justification --> sanctification

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, are you suggesting that someone who remains unbelieving in Jesus, can still be saved, while in that unbelief? That is, if they live their entire life not believing and die rejecting the Gospel, they too can be saved?

I'm just trying to understand, as I've never heard that idea put forth before...
Im sorry, you sound confused.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No sin is remitted until after faith, which faith is the gift of the Holy Spirit (Php 1:29, Ac 13:8, 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3), as is the new birth (Jn 3:5-8).

new birth --> faith --> salvation (remission of sin) --> justification --> sanctification

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, are you suggesting that someone who remains unbelieving in Jesus, can still be saved, while in that unbelief? That is,
if they live their entire life not believing and die rejecting the Gospel, they too can be saved?

That is what I understand is being said.
And if so, it is a lie hatched in the pit of hell, for Jesus states just the opposite (Jn 3:18).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Faith giving the remission of sin, there is unforgiven sin for which penalty must be paid, only at the death of the unbeliever.

There is no sin, including unbelief, to be forgiven at the believer's death,
all having been forgiven and removed when, in the rebirth by the sovereign Holy Spirit as unaccountable as the wind (Jn 3:3-8),
the sinner received the gift of faith (Php 1:29, Ac 13:8, 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3 ) in Christ and his atoning work (blood, Ro 3:25) which saved (Eph 2:8-9).

There is no sin having been forgiven, including unbelief, at the unbeliever's death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0