Former Biden DOJ official leading Bragg case against Trump paid thousands by DNC for "political consulting"

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Colangelo's role in the Trump prosecution has raised questions among some in the GOP about the alleged politicization of the case. His transition from a senior role at the Biden Justice Department to Bragg's team, and the subsequent charges brought against Trump, have been viewed with suspicion.

Not a surprise.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,126,855.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The case has been going on for 13 days. It has been meticulously crafted and filled with both testimony and hard evidence.
The person who is politicizing the case is Mr. Trump, lashing out at everyone involved on regular and social media.
'Political' prosecutions have fabricated evidence.
Bragg's court has a 99% conviction rate because its cases are based on facts and evidence.
And a staffer earning 12 grand from the DOJ six years ago isn't going to change that.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The case has been going on for 13 days. It has been meticulously crafted and filled with both testimony and hard evidence.
The person who is politicizing the case is Mr. Trump, lashing out at everyone involved on regular and social media.
Bragg's court has a 99% conviction rate because its cases are based on facts and evidence.
And a staffer earning 12 grand from the DOJ six years ago isn't going to change that.
It's a mockery of the law, with a large quantity of irrelevant information improperly introduced into evidence by this rogue judge. Any judge worth his or her salt has to know that if a guilty verdict is reached the case will be tossed on appeal.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟149,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a mockery of the law, with a large quantity of irrelevant information improperly introduced into evidence by this rogue judge. Any judge worth his or her salt has to know that if a guilty verdict is reached the case will be tossed on appeal.
Do you have a source besides “it is known”?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,126,855.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There are 34 charges. That requires a lot of information. If it was bogus he would not have been indicted by a jury of his peers.
Prosecutors with a 99% conviction rate do their homework--and then some.
But a great deal of time, money, hot air, and malevolence are being employed to make the public feel sorry for the "victim."
SMH.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It should have already been dismissed. Based on the evidence no crime was committed.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are 34 charges. That requires a lot of information. If it was bogus he would not have been indicted by a jury of his peers.
Prosecutors with a 99% conviction rate do their homework--and then some.
But a great deal of time, money, hot air, and malevolence are being employed to make the public feel sorry for the "victim."
SMH.
Please. No defense is allowed before a grand jury, so a malicious prosecutor out to get someone has no problem As Democrat attorney Alan Dershowitz stated:

"A grand jury will indict a ham sandwich if the prosecutor wants him to. A grand jury consists of 23 puppets sitting on 23 pieces of furniture that are moved around by the grand puppeteer, called the prosecutor."

Alan Dershowitz On Trump And Grand Juries

• Agree
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

As I said, there is a great deal of money, time, hot air and malevolence being spent to portray Trump as a "victim."
In fact they are throwing taxpayer dollars into this trial. They are using four prosecutors, a murder trial get two. Bringing in witnesses that have nothing to do with the case against Trump, trying to convict him by association. Violent thugs are not even charged or don't have to post bail. The lack of concern for a fair trial by so many Democrats has lost support for the party.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to be a legal scholar to see what's going on. Here's what Judicial Watch had to say:

"I've been watching this trial for. Days on end. Obviously, I'm not in the courtroom. But I've been reading the reports very carefully. And I've yet to see any evidence of criminal activity presented to the jury. Zero evidence of criminal activity by President Trump. Of course, the way he's conducting the trial has been biased. Political. Virtually every major ruling is alien to the very concept of the rule of law."

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,126,855.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not interested in what a biased organization (I checked) has to say about this case.
If they are interested in rooting out corruption, they would be calling for the resignations of Thomas and Alito and demanding Aileen Cannon (reprimanded by her higher courts for irregularities) recuse herself.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not interested in what a biased organization (I checked) has to say about this case.
If they are interested in rooting out corruption, they would be calling for the resignations of Thomas and Alito and demanding Aileen Cannon (reprimanded by her higher courts for irregularities) recuse herself.
In my opinion Judge Cannon should have come down hard on the FBI for tampering with evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟278,519.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't have to be a legal scholar to see what's going on.

You're right about that. I'm a law school dropout and I can clearly see what's going on.

Here's what Judicial Watch had to say:

"I've been watching this trial for. Days on end. Obviously, I'm not in the courtroom. But I've been reading the reports very carefully. And I've yet to see any evidence of criminal activity presented to the jury. Zero evidence of criminal activity by President Trump. Of course, the way he's conducting the trial has been biased. Political. Virtually every major ruling is alien to the very concept of the rule of law."

Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch, who is also clearly not a lawyer (despite him giving Donald Trump legal advice during the 2020 election lawsuits) but a FIOA troll, does not appear to understand what's going on.

These are not "non-crimes" - even the FEC acknowledged there were payments made that were in violation of federal campaign finance laws (in 2017), but they were blocked by the commissioners from prosecution.

None of the rulings in this case, so far, has been "alien to the very concept of the rule of law". It's very hard to point to any ruling that is anything other than legal, pro forma and mundane. Merchan's rulings have been very detailed in their citations of precedent. The major exception would be Merchan's ruling on whether re-posting social media comment is an endorsement of speech (which has been a legal question for about 15 years).

The judge crafted a tight gag order, which is not unusual in the slightest when it comes to Donald Trump, was narrowly tailored.
It does not cover or impinge on the Trump campaign - as claimed by Fitton - but is specifically limited those testifying in the case, opposing counsel and employees of the Court and their families.

The judge is not punishing Donald Trump for "maintaining his innocence" - in fact, he specified that protestations of innocence are excluded from the gag order.

There's plenty of evidence of criminal activity being presented - the prosecution maintain that Donald Trump had payments made to Storm Daniels, via an intermediary, in order to hide information from the public. Those payments were then disguised through false business record filings, with a little bit of tax evasion sprinkled on top.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The higher court pretty much overturns everything she does. She's their problem child.
The FBI tampered with the evidence at Mar-a-lago. They took security covers and paper clipped those covers to papers in order to photograph. These actions were intended to to deceive Americans. In my opinion she had been quite patient and lenient with them--too lenient.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,126,855.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Just curious why you condemn "bias" when a NY judge donates $30 to a Democrat half a decade ago...
But remain silent when this Trump appointee has been called out by her higher court several times for acting more like an attorney on Trump's defense team than a judge.
I guess obscenely obvious bias is ok if it favors the defendant.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟219,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just curious why you condemn "bias" when a NY judge donates $30 to a Democrat half a decade ago...
But remain silent when this Trump appointee has been called out by her higher court several times for acting more like an attorney on Trump's defense team than a judge.
I guess obscenely obvious bias is ok if it favors the defendant.
I'm claiming more than bias, this is absolute misconduct and election interference. As to judge Cannon, lower courts do get overruled, here are some stats for you. That hardly means a judge should be removed or sanctioned, which Judge Cannon has not:

Upvote 0