This is Pope Francis’ Prayer Intention for April 2024

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
October

For the Synod

We pray for the Church, that she may adopt listening and dialogue as a lifestyle at every level, and allow herself to be guided by the Holy Spirit towards the peripheries of the world.

Small Group Reflection (PDF)

Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

Sampara

Feb 24, 2023
Hunstanton
✟36,255.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lord , we pray for the Church,

that she may adopt listening and dialogue as a style of life at every level,

allowing herself to be guided by the Holy Spirit towards the world’s peripheries.

Lord , in your mercy , hear our prayer .

Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Watching the video about Mongolian Catholic Church I thought it was wonderful how the disabled nobody wanted had care at the Church.

That’s splendid. Is that church part of the Roman Rite, or an Eastern Catholic church?

I am joining with the prayer in question, having had many close encounters with the extreme poor, and also having experienced a period of financial hardship in my life some years ago when my beloved father, memory eternal, reposed in the Lord, and my half sisters engaged in unprovoked and extreme cruelty to me (they have never even met me in person, although when I was between the ages of 12 and 15 they used to call me on the phone and harass me).

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That’s splendid. Is that church part of the Roman Rite, or an Eastern Catholic church?

I am joining with the prayer in question, having had many close encounters with the extreme poor, and also having experienced a period of financial hardship in my life some years ago when my beloved father, memory eternal, reposed in the Lord, and my half sisters engaged in unprovoked and extreme cruelty to me (they have never even met me in person, although when I was between the ages of 12 and 15 they used to call me on the phone and harass me).
Not sure actually, which Rite.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pope Francis releases his prayer intention for the month of November, asking the faithful to pray that the Lord will bless him.

In “The Pope Video” for November, Pope Francis asks the faithful to “Pray to the Lord that He will bless me,” saying, “Your prayer gives me strength and helps me to discern and to accompany the Church, listening to the Holy Spirit.”

Each month the Pope offers a specific prayer intention, inviting men and women of good will to pray with him for a particular cause. Recent intentions have included prayers for the Synod, for people living on the margins, and for World Youth Day.

Pope Francis reminds the faithful in this month’s video that “The fact that someone is Pope doesn’t mean they lose their humanity. On the contrary, my humanity grows each day with God’s holy and faithful people.”

He adds, “Being Pope is also a process. The person becomes aware of what it means to be a pastor. And in this process, he learns how to be more charitable, more merciful, and, above all, more patient, like God our Father, who is so patient.”

Knowing that popes are often “judged harshly” and will have to render “a serious account” of their ministry to God, Pope Francis asks his listeners “to judge benevolently” and “pray that the Pope, whoever he might be – today it is my turn – may receive the help of the Holy Spirit, that he may be docile to that help.”

Specifically, he asks for prayers for the Pope “so that in the exercise of his mission, he may continue to accompany in the faith the flock entrusted to him by Jesus, always with the help of the Holy Spirit.”

And, hearkening back to the night of his election ten years ago, Pope Francis repeats his request for a “silent” prayer over him, concluding “And pray for me! Favorably!”

Upvote 0