Visit site
✟441,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Pope Francis releases his prayer intention for the month of November, asking the faithful to pray that the Lord will bless him.

In “The Pope Video” for November, Pope Francis asks the faithful to “Pray to the Lord that He will bless me,” saying, “Your prayer gives me strength and helps me to discern and to accompany the Church, listening to the Holy Spirit.”

Each month the Pope offers a specific prayer intention, inviting men and women of good will to pray with him for a particular cause. Recent intentions have included prayers for the Synod, for people living on the margins, and for World Youth Day.

Pope Francis reminds the faithful in this month’s video that “The fact that someone is Pope doesn’t mean they lose their humanity. On the contrary, my humanity grows each day with God’s holy and faithful people.”

He adds, “Being Pope is also a process. The person becomes aware of what it means to be a pastor. And in this process, he learns how to be more charitable, more merciful, and, above all, more patient, like God our Father, who is so patient.”

Knowing that popes are often “judged harshly” and will have to render “a serious account” of their ministry to God, Pope Francis asks his listeners “to judge benevolently” and “pray that the Pope, whoever he might be – today it is my turn – may receive the help of the Holy Spirit, that he may be docile to that help.”

Specifically, he asks for prayers for the Pope “so that in the exercise of his mission, he may continue to accompany in the faith the flock entrusted to him by Jesus, always with the help of the Holy Spirit.”

And, hearkening back to the night of his election ten years ago, Pope Francis repeats his request for a “silent” prayer over him, concluding “And pray for me! Favorably!”

:crossrc:

I do not recall where I heard/read this, but praying for the Pope is an indulgence.
Partial or Plenary depending on factors.

Jesus said 'Peter I prayed to the Father for satan wanted to sift you like wheat.'

St Leo passed out. Hence the prayer to St Michael.

We love the shepherd and we are like a type of loving force field for him.

For 20+ years I pray the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be for him each night.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In union with our Holy Father Pope Francis I pray for those people on the margins of society , in subhuman living conditions , that they may not be neglected by institutions and never be cast out .

Lord , in your mercy hear our prayer .
Amen :heart:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Let us pray that people with disabilities may be at the center of attention in society, and that institutions offer inclusion programs that enhance their active participation.”

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
“Let us pray that people with disabilities may be at the center of attention in society, and that institutions offer inclusion programs that enhance their active participation.”
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JANUARY 2024

For The Gift Of Diversity In The Church

Let us pray that the Holy Spirit helps us recognize the gift of different charisms within the Christian community, and to discover the richness of different ritual traditions in the heart of the Catholic Church.

• Love
Reactions: Angeldove97
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
JANUARY 2024

For The Gift Of Diversity In The Church

Let us pray that the Holy Spirit helps us recognize the gift of different charisms within the Christian community, and to discover the richness of different ritual traditions in the heart of the Catholic Church.
Lord, hear our prayer

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pope Francis releases his prayer intention for the month of February 2024, and invites everyone to pray for the terminally ill and their families.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rely_942

Mar 16, 2024
Ohio
✟1,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
‘Let us pray for those people on the margins of society in subhuman living conditions, that they may not be neglected by institutions and never be cast out…’

Pope Francis’ prayer intention for the month of September is for people living on the margins.

“A homeless person who dies on the street will never appear among the top stories of search engines or newscasts,” the Pope said in a video released Aug. 29.

The Holy Father questioned: “How could we have reached this level of indifference?”

He goes on to ask how we as a society have allowed the “throwaway culture” to “dominate our lives, our cities, our way of life?”

Continued below.
I blame AI and automation of light industrial fields. We are literally choosing quick and easy ways to make money (if we have a Bachelor's degree or higher) over Imago Dei as a "Christian" society. And the reason for that is the lack of devotion toward toward the Divine Trinity and the saints, at the root of it.

Upvote 0