inappropriate content on the internet

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Going out on a limb here with (with a saw)

This is a toptenz list - I trust toptenz, it's actually an edited site - on the top 10 facts about inappropriate content.

It's SFW and not in anyway salacious.

I dragged it over here because it contains information that you may find surprising, especially if you're one of those really dislikes inappropriate content. The industry is evidently not doing particularly well and has a questionable future.

http://www.toptenz.net/10-facts-about-inappropriate content.php

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Going out on a limb here with (with a saw)

This is a toptenz list - I trust toptenz, it's actually an edited site - on the top 10 facts about inappropriate content.

It's SFW and not in anyway salacious.

I dragged it over here because it contains information that you may find surprising, especially if you're one of those really dislikes inappropriate content. The industry is evidently not doing particularly well and has a questionable future.

http://www.toptenz.net/10-facts-about-inappropriate content.php
It warps people's ideas on intimacy.
People are exposing their body for profit.
Voyeurism can be habit forming.
Jesus said to even look at someone with lust was so serious - it's better to pluck your eyes out than do it.
Not literally - but it's THAT BAD for the soul.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus said to even look at someone with lust was so serious - it's better to pluck your eyes out than do it.
I'm literal proof of what she's saying. In fact, while I was consuming it, I couldn't be a husband in any intimate way. When I gave it up and spent intimate time with my wife, I have always been able to engage sexually, 10 years since I gave it up, and never need a pill to help me.
What folks need to do is recognize the desire for beauty, and realize that beauty is God's gift to us, not to enslave us, but to free us. inappropriate content enslaves.

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

See now, these would be hysterical opinions.

Wouldn't your rather have the facts ?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It has also been proven the effect of inappropriate content on both men and women. But I guess some would argue that there must be freedom so it should be out there for people. My worry is kids finding it as I know they have.

Actually, if there is what may seem to some to be a hysterical reaction, th er m ay be good reason fo r. It i n th at person, and in the Year of Mercy it would be good to exercise mercy.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
See now, these would be hysterical opinions.

Wouldn't your rather have the facts ?

facts are good
but it is a fact that Jesus said that about "if your eye causes you to sin"
of course it is understood as hyperbole, not hysterical, but an exaggeration used to get a point across

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
inappropriate content is based on lie. It describes a fantasy that cannot exist, and causes a painful disappointment to people when they realize that a sexual relationship is often less exciting than it seemed in inappropriate content movies. Living through others' artificial emotions or experiences never helped anyone.

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I frequently hear a lot of these phrases without any scientific backing. Are you familiar with any comprehensive research that bears out these statements? Specifically, I'm interested in studies that demonstrate a causal relationship between inappropriate content and reduced intimacy. I've seen numerous studies that showed a correlation but never a causation.

I'd also be interested in any studies that demonstrate a clear differentiation in the habit forming nature of voyeurism as compared to any other behavior, i.e. is voyeurism more habit forming than other habitual behaviors.

Not looking to start an argument. Just looking for supporting facts.

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
inappropriate content is based on lie. It describes a fantasy that cannot exist, and causes a painful disappointment to people when they realize that a sexual relationship is often less exciting than it seemed in inappropriate content movies. Living through others' artificial emotions or experiences never helped anyone.

Interesting. How would that contrast to romantic novels, romantic and romantic comedy movies/TV shows or theatrical love stories?

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. How would that contrast to romantic novels, romantic and romantic comedy movies/TV shows or theatrical love stories?
Yes - same problem. A lector/spectator who would know how to separate real life and easy Romantic could very easily watch such movies without loosing feet with reality. But inappropriate content is often linked with addiction -and so with a person who lost contact with reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes - same problem. A lector/spectator who would know how to separate real life and easy Romantic could very easily watch such movies without loosing feet with reality. But inappropriate content is often linked with addiction -and so with a person who lost contact with reality.

To be clear, you are suggesting that my "alternatives" are not as addictive as inappropriate content? I have no empirical data to suggest otherwise, I'm just interested in your thinking.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Saint Pope John Paul II
“There is no dignity when the human dimension is eliminated from the person. In short, the problem with inappropriate contentography is not that it shows too much of the person, but that it shows far too little.”

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Saint Pope John Paul II
“There is no dignity when the human dimension is eliminated from the person. In short, the problem with inappropriate contentography is not that it shows too much of the person, but that it shows far too little.”

I would go as far as to opine that persons who are represented in inappropriate content are presented in a way such that they aren't even equal to the sum of their parts, while a loving relationship allows a person to shine much greater than the sum of his/her physical, mental and psychological parts.

You wouldn't even be able to tell if a inappropriate content star saved three babies, two kittens and a whale because you are paying attention to the body and copulation. So, you miss out on a potentially heroic person, and the person misses the opportunity to share that with others.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
To be clear, you are suggesting that my "alternatives" are not as addictive as inappropriate content? I have no empirical data to suggest otherwise, I'm just interested in your thinking.
As addictive, I don't know. I am not enough familiar with the human psychology to say. But surely not in the same way: inappropriate content plays with strong and physical emotions when Romantic etc movies/dramas play with a frustated sensibility. Not the same field.
However people tend to forget how painful bovarysm (romantic fantasy etc) can be for the human mind.
inappropriate content addiction is more difficult to live as shameful to society's point of view.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0