Does God audibly speak to you in prayer?

• Yes. God talks to me all of the time.

• No. God speaks to me through His Word.

• God has spoken to me in an audible voice.

Results are only viewable after voting.

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,547.00
Faith
Christian
not what anyone has said, so this is a straw man.
Well things popping into people's heads and being verbalized into "God told me..." has been claimed throughout this topic.

But if we are now agreed on how the Bible says God speaks to us that's great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well things popping into people's heads and being verbalized into "God told me..." has been claimed throughout this topic.
I can understand why it would seem so.

But if we are now agreed on how the Bible says God speaks to us that's great.
I'm not sure, If you believe that God doesn't whisper into our Spirits, then, no, we don't totally agree. But it's not mandatory as far as I know :D

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Poll choices - all of the above.

God speaks to me all the time:
- through nature,
- through Scripture,
- through other people,
- through circumstances, though these, in themselves, are not always an indication,
- through inner promptings, which are not the same as feelings, though they could seem to be so, and which sometimes still need checking or confirmation,
Sometimes he speaks in a clear thought or impression, and once he spoke in an audible voice; at least, once that I can remember.

I'm not always open enough to hear him speaking to me, but he does.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The idea the God talks back to us when we pray has become so accepted that it's difficult to challenge, but is it true or a cliché?
I think God does, but I don't think it is always in our timing, like a 15 minute prayer time where God gives us feedback consistantly. God works on His own time and timing not ours. We see that throughout the Old Testament, God kept His promises but He also did it in His own perfect timing, not the people.

Everything almost that Jesus did in working miracles was because the person on the other-side had faith. Faith is a growing process. Each day our faith can grow or regress. God strengthens our faith by trials, waiting, by US being faithful. Almost every OT saint went through it and I think most of us have to wait for some things.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Poll choices - all of the above.

God speaks to me all the time:
- through nature,
- through Scripture,
- through other people,
- through circumstances, though these, in themselves, are not always an indication,
- through inner promptings, which are not the same as feelings, though they could seem to be so, and which sometimes still need checking or confirmation,
Sometimes he speaks in a clear thought or impression, and once he spoke in an audible voice; at least, once that I can remember.

I'm not always open enough to hear him speaking to me, but he does.
Yup. All of these things.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0