Is Pierce the Veil Christian or Satanic?

Zatchey

Dec 28, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I'm Jamie, I'm fourteen years old and I joined this forum today because I have something that's bugging me.

When it comes to secular music, I usually listen to jazz, pop, dubstep, indie, but lately I've been getting into the band scene.

I started listening to this band called Sleeping with Sirens. I liked their music, mostly because I'm getting into rock and I love the lead singer's voice. However in most of their songs they scream, and at first I hated it but I've gotten quite used to it. Then it lead me to another band called Pierce the Veil and I'm starting to like their music too. I don't know, I feel I have poor judgement on the lyrics, when it comes to knowing whether they're evil or not.

Could you listen to some of their music and tell me whether they're "bad" bands or not? I'd also like some advice on whether or not screamo is evil, or if music with swearing is evil. Thanks.

Last edited:

BrickUponBrick

One Among The Fence
May 31, 2011
Missouri
✟7,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I'm Jamie, I'm fourteen years old and I joined this forum today because I have something that's bugging me.

When it comes to secular music, I usually listen to jazz, pop, dubstep, indie, but lately I've been getting into the band scene.

I started listening to this band called Sleeping with Sirens. I liked their music, mostly because I'm getting into rock and I love the lead singer's voice. However in most of their songs they scream, and at first I hated it but I've gotten quite used to it. Then it lead me to another band called Pierce the Veil and I'm starting to like their music too. I don't know, I feel I have poor judgement on the lyrics, when it comes to knowing whether they're evil or not.

Could you listen to some of their music and tell me whether they're "bad" bands or not? I'd also like some advice on whether or not screamo is evil, or if music with swearing is evil. Thanks.

First of all, welcome to the forums! Nice to have you here!

I've heard Sleeping With Sirens, and Pierce The Veil is one of my favorite bands. I feel no guilt about listening to either one. For one, the members of Sleeping With Sirens are Christian. Pierce The Veil has some lyrics that aren't exactly the best, and they do have some profanity, but I, personally, don't mind.
Another thing, if the screaming is bothering you, making you feel guilty or anything, know there are a lot of Christian hardcore/metalcore/metal/screamo bands. The Chariot, The Devil Wears Prada, Norma Jean, For Today, Underoath, many many more. You should definitely check out some of their songs and lyrics, you'll see that they have some very Christian lyrics. And there is no such thing as "evil music". I used to wonder the same thing. Its all in the person performing, the artist. Music has no real "moral" or anything. I usually tend to draw the line if the music is being purposely evil or Satanic, or if its about rape, gory stuff, racist.... Or country... Can't stand it.
Music with swearing.... Depends on how you view swearing. I think it depends on the intent, and what you mean. I don't think words are inherently evil. But this is an argument for another time.
Bottom line, you can listen to this music and still be a Christian. No worries. Hope that helped. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Upvote 0

Zatchey

Dec 28, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
First of all, welcome to the forums! Nice to have you here!

I've heard Sleeping With Sirens, and Pierce The Veil is one of my favorite bands. I feel no guilt about listening to either one. For one, the members of Sleeping With Sirens are Christian. Pierce The Veil has some lyrics that aren't exactly the best, and they do have some profanity, but I, personally, don't mind.
Another thing, if the screaming is bothering you, making you feel guilty or anything, know there are a lot of Christian hardcore/metalcore/metal/screamo bands. The Chariot, The Devil Wears Prada, Norma Jean, For Today, Underoath, many many more. You should definitely check out some of their songs and lyrics, you'll see that they have some very Christian lyrics. And there is no such thing as "evil music". I used to wonder the same thing. Its all in the person performing, the artist. Music has no real "moral" or anything. I usually tend to draw the line if the music is being purposely evil or Satanic, or if its about rape, gory stuff, racist.... Or country... Can't stand it.
Music with swearing.... Depends on how you view swearing. I think it depends on the intent, and what you mean. I don't think words are inherently evil. But this is an argument for another time.
Bottom line, you can listen to this music and still be a Christian. No worries. Hope that helped. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, this really put my heart at ease. I think I'm going to stick around on these forums, there's a lot of great advice here :)

Upvote 0

BrickUponBrick

One Among The Fence
May 31, 2011
Missouri
✟7,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, this really put my heart at ease. I think I'm going to stick around on these forums, there's a lot of great advice here :)

You're welcome! Yeah, there is some great advice. Also some not so great advice, but hey, it happens. :)

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Music only has a hold over you if you allow it to do so. Personally, I don't like listening to music with lyrics that I find to have anti-Christian sentiments, and/or which promote ideas with which Christians shouldn't agree. For example, I like Alice in Chains, but I never listen to Man in the Box. I'm more tolerant of swearing, and will still listen to some songs with swearing in them (even though I'm wracking my brain to think of anything with swearing that I listen to on a regular basis), but I view it as a vocabulary deficiency rather than evil. What I dislike is hearing music that I like, and then when I focus on the lyrics it turns me off due to what is being said. I think it's a shame and that more musical artists should reconsider before putting raunchy lyrics into otherwise decent songs.

Upvote 0

BrickUponBrick

One Among The Fence
May 31, 2011
Missouri
✟7,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Music only has a hold over you if you allow it to do so. Personally, I don't like listening to music with lyrics that I find to have anti-Christian sentiments, and/or which promote ideas with which Christians shouldn't agree. For example, I like Alice in Chains, but I never listen to Man in the Box. I'm more tolerant of swearing, and will still listen to some songs with swearing in them (even though I'm wracking my brain to think of anything with swearing that I listen to on a regular basis), but I view it as a vocabulary deficiency rather than evil. What I dislike is hearing music that I like, and then when I focus on the lyrics it turns me off due to what is being said. I think it's a shame and that more musical artists should reconsider before putting raunchy lyrics into otherwise decent songs.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I have similar problems with some of the songs by Metallica, like with Creeping Death and Leper Messiah. I still listen to Creeping Death, just because the music is amazing, and I try to not concern myself too much with the lyrics... It should be pretty obvious what Leper Messiah is about, but I don't really care for the song or music in it anyway. I don't even think Metallica cares for it much anymore, honestly.

As far as swearing goes, a little bit is ok with me. But when its all over the place, almost every other word, then I get sick of it. It also depends on how the words are used, because sometimes it gets inappropriate.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here you go: EVIL BANDS=None..

Music is like fire..it warms and burns. Make choices. Just because something is "secular" does not make it sinful. Or Should we just go round breathing Holly air and drinking holy water?

Use common sense-if it would offend you to say it, don't listen to it-if it promotes an "ism" of anykind (sexism, racism, demonism) let it alone. Most music is ambiguious-Is Precious memories a gospel or secular song? Common Sense in music in fact in all things...

Upvote 0

Flippo

Jan 3, 2013
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
First off I am not saying Christian shouldn't listen to secular music but each of us needs to have discernment. Just because we like the music doesn't mean we should listen to it. I will not listen to music that uses swearing, or glorifies sex outside of marriage or is satanic (even if they are not serious). Just like we need to guard or eyes we also need to guard our ears. Sin affects us whether coming from the eyegate or eargate. Just my 2 cents. Again I am not preaching against secular music as I listen also I.E kansas, ELO, Dire Straits

Flippo

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
SWS? PTV? Great starter bands in the Post-Hardcore scene. They are in no way "evil" or have any bad values attached to them. The lead singer (Quinn) is a Christian himself actually as well as the Fuentes brothers in Pierce The Veil. When I went to Warped 2012-they really killed it~ 2012 in my opinion was a strong Warped year overall-and the bands are definitely ones to check out. If you're into harder stuff- Chelsea Grin is a start. I know the Black Dahlia Murder is going to 2013. But if PTV/SWS is where you want to begin, listen to..

-Saosin
-Isles And Glaciers (Supergroup from 2010, ONE EP released, but an amazing collab)
-Hearts & Hands

You're fine, and if you need other music choices, feel free to ask~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

01tj

May 30, 2012
Fairmont WV
✟7,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I struggled with music when I got saved. After a while I decided that while some of the bands I listened too weren't necessarily "bad" they were not doing anything to glorify him. Every band/artist has an agenda or a message and if it's not for Christ it's against him. Think about it, what are the artists you listen to singing about? What do you think about when you are really listening to them?

There are plenty of good Christian artists out there and for every secular artist I would say there is a Christian artist that sounds just as good.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I struggled with music when I got saved. After a while I decided that while some of the bands I listened too weren't necessarily "bad" they were not doing anything to glorify him. Every band/artist has an agenda or a message and if it's not for Christ it's against him. Think about it, what are the artists you listen to singing about? What do you think about when you are really listening to them?

There are plenty of good Christian artists out there and for every secular artist I would say there is a Christian artist that sounds just as good.

I must disagree completely with this post.

"Every band/artist has an agenda or a message and if it's not for Christ it's against him. Think about it, what are the artists you listen to singing about? What do you think about when you are really listening to them?"

And especially that part. So you're making a black and white statement towards every group. It's either they glorify a god or not? C'mon.

Allow me to post the bare minimum as if I made an essay i'd spend hours and I really don't have time for that.

So lets go with the bands that have the most momentum and cross genres! I'll post videos too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pierce The Veil - Caraphernalia: A song about Ex Girlfriends-Vic Fuentes' in particular. "The last time I saw my ex-girlfriend, she left all kinds of random things behind at my house: travel shampoo, a razor in the shower, hair clips, etc. It was basically just a bunch of stuff that kept reminding me of her. After a while, it made me miss her, and I wondered why we ever broke up in the first place. When I wrote the music for the chorus, I knew right away that I wanted to ask my friend Jeremy McKinnon [of A Day To Remember] to do the screaming parts on the chorus and bridge. A few weeks after I wrote the song, I approached Jeremy with the idea and he agreed to sing on the album. It turned out to be one of my favorite tracks once we collaborated. One of my favorite things to do is make music with my friends. That collaboration makes the songs very special to me."

I'm sure you can connect it and so can many people with ex boyfriends and girlfriends.

Match Into Water: A song about Vic's ex who went through cancer yet died through Chemo. The theme overall as well? Getting through a rough time and Cancer in particular as many of Vic's friends are plagued. I kissed the scars on her skin
I still think you’re beautiful
and I don’t ever want to lose my best friend
I screamed out, “God, you vulture”
bring her back or take me with her

How does it feel, how does it feel?
Well, it feels like I’m on fire
Wake up, I know you can hear me

The scars meaning the IV's, and how vic cares about the ones he loved and still does. And being on fire? Many people who go through chemo equate it to being lit afire.

Even the album artwork on Collide The Sky is symbolic.

"The theme to the album artwork is “jumping off of the ground that is breaking beneath you.” The idea is to inspire hope amongst the chaos that may happening around you. If the ground was breaking beneath your feet, your first reaction may be to run and jump to safety, and it’s that moment where you are suspended in the air that I am focusing on. A still frame where you’re not sure if the person is falling or flying. It’s about freeing yourself from the things that are breaking or falling apart in your life, and inspiring a sense of hope from the desperation."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issues - Princeton Ave: Completely self explanatory.

What is a man, who lays a hand on his lover, and calls it tough love
What is a man, who can't take a stand for his daughter, and calls it tough love
Your roots grow in the crack of the alleys, college park made you
Man enough to see man enough to see, there ain't a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] man in me

Take me back to a date, before I was hostile and learned to hate

You promised yourself you would never become,
A storm a blackout replicating the one
The thunder inside him became your life
And you called him your best friend till the day you were nine

Hotel rooms, bourbon, and broads, a drifter living life, without god
You've done it now, you planted a seed, now the storm inside you, it swallows her

And I know life can be so strange
But I know I can make a change
I'm gonna wipe away the clouds for ya

I'm gonna be around for ya, I'm gonna paint the town for ya,
I'm gonna make a promise to give you everything you want and need,
But she [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed up now, cause she's bearing another mouth you can't feed

Cease production of a destructive breed,
Seek help cause your pride only makes you weak

C'mon man. Half of these members aren't even Christian.

Abuse in relationships, and other close relationships.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nightmare Of You -

The Days Go By Oh So Slow -
But I'm yours if you want it
I can be yours to spend your life with
I can be yours; we'll hide indoors
Petrified of the world

And if you'd rather stay in at night
I can relate to that
And if it feels like your heart's dried up
I can relate to that
And if you need someone at your side
I am out there
I'm out there
Out there

Supporting your lover, and supporting those close to you-making amends and meeting half-way on things that you may diasagree from one another.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea Grin - (one of my favorite bands)

The Second Coming:

"The idea behind this song was to create an evil alternate version of the second coming of Christ. Rather than having a savior come back and wash away all your sins, it's an evil entity that creates an apocalyptic blackened world. As a band, we don't wear a religious label of any sort. We all believe in different things, and we're not knocking anyone's beliefs. The deeper meaning behind it is for people not to [categorize] faith as a "hero or savior" to cleanse away the wrongs of humanity, but rather put faith in themselves and create a world based on the moral conduct of right and wrong. Not base your character, and the way you live your life, in fear of a higher power. Be your own God so to speak."

S.H.OT:

"The title stands for 'Society Hides Our Truths.' I wanted to reach out to anyone that has ever been stepped on, or made fun of, in their lives — people that constantly get ridiculed by society, and are put down for believing/looking differently from everybody else. I wanted this song to be an anthem for those people. I want them to know that they don't have to take the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] that is forced down their throats. I want them to know that they're not the only ones who feel like they are different. I want them to rise above what's considered "normal," and laugh in the faces of anyone that tries to make them think or behave otherwise. When I was growing up, I was never the popular kid in school. I have been teased, made fun of, and everything in between. I rose above all that to become the person I am today, and I haven't let anyone stop me."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Motionless In White

Devil's Night:

So loud
We are the ones that you pushed away
For drowning your voice out
You’d like to think
We've been defeated, but we’re here to stay
Forever and always

We've been through everything
And we all have our scars
We may be broken but you
Can't kill all of us

Think before you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing speak

I am no villain, think before you [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing speak
People fear what they don’t understand
And so now beauty has become the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing beast

So Loud
We are the ones that you pushed away
For drowning your voice out
You’d like to think
We've been defeated, but we’re here to stay
Forever and always

Society as a whole-being close minded and a strict ruleset. Conformity and viewing what is "right and normal". Don't give in to the majority~

---------------------------------------------------
The list of bands and analytic points go on and on for me-this is a small fraction of bands that saved me from myself. For years I dealt with anxiety, depression, and anger management. But music as an outlet combined with playing the drums and finding a life for me helped put my emotions into words with the help of music like this. It shouldn't have to glorify a god unless you're an explicit Christian band. I'm not saying they can't play- I actively listen to Red and The Devil Wears Prada-but they're not the only bands giving amazing lyrics that deal with everyday life and can be on personal levels.

Upvote 0

Hangman

Beast inside is hard to tame
Jun 25, 2012
USA
✟7,650.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
to Syckological

I agree completely with your statements, however some of the bands listed have blasphemous songs, such as: Motionless In White, and I know that. I usually take it as poetry or a self-expression . I may not agree with what the song may be about, but those who are against you know most of the negativity and wrongness within the establishment... The only thing I dont like is that all of us Christians are catagorized with the "ones who cast their stones".

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
to Syckological

I agree completely with your statements, however some of the bands listed have blasphemous songs, such as: Motionless In White, and I know that. I usually take it as poetry or a self-expression . I may not agree with what the song may be about, but those who are against you know most of the negativity and wrongness within the establishment... The only thing I dont like is that all of us Christians are catagorized with the "ones who cast their stones".

Motionless In White? I'm surprised actually. Are you thinking of the song "Immaculate Misconception"?

Upvote 0

01tj

May 30, 2012
Fairmont WV
✟7,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Motionless In White? I'm surprised actually. Are you thinking of the song "Immaculate Misconception"?

I think Matthew 12:30 says it best but I still think that most secular music does nothing to promote/glorify God.

The only song I read was the first one and while I don't really see anything anti-God I does look like its condoning fortification. I would say the singers ex-girlfriend has spent some nights at his house.

I know we are exposed to sinful things all the time. It can't be avoided but i think music sticks in peoples heads more than most of the other things we are exposed to.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, I know this can be a touchy subject but I've been on both sides of the argument. Before I started only listening to Christian music I used to argue with people about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think Matthew 12:30 says it best but I still think that most secular music does nothing to promote/glorify God.

The only song I read was the first one and while I don't really see anything anti-God I does look like its condoning fortification. I would say the singers ex-girlfriend has spent some nights at his house.

I know we are exposed to sinful things all the time. It can't be avoided but i think music sticks in peoples heads more than most of the other things we are exposed to.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, I know this can be a touchy subject but I've been on both sides of the argument. Before I started only listening to Christian music I used to argue with people about it.

It doesn't at all. I posted the entire meaning behind the song and in no way does it. Caraphernelia is about his ex and made him wonder why they broke up in the first place. She intentionally left those things because they reminded him of her. The song is about keeping the ones you love close to you and if you're right for each other- keep it. The chorus says it perfectly where Jeremy screams:

What if I can't forget you? I'll burn your name into my throat- i'll be the fire that'll catch you. With the first verse being after the break up-why did we end everything? Was it an inhibition? I'll burn your name into my throat: I miss you and can't stop calling your name (ties into first verse) And being the fire that will catch her is that the fire is symbolic of a fiery love- bursting into flame that goes out in all directions, beauty at it's best and at it's most consistent. That is exactly how Vic wrote it out to be.

That is the POINT of music - it gives people a voice. It gives others a baseline. Music channels feeling and raw emotion into words that is always best explained. For me? When I heard my first song - If i'm James Dean, you're Audrey Hepburn, I knew right away what it was about when Kellin Quinn of Sleeping With Sirens wrote it. Point being is music HAS and SHOULD stick with you about your values and wants and needs in life. That's why you see many couples with their "song".

Edit: I can understand completely where you come from though - music at times has many things tied into it. I listen to all sorts of groups like the ones I mentioned. But when music touches a major subject of hate -

Racisim, Sexism, Militarism and such, I draw the line. That isn't what music should be, it isn't music- it's propaganda.

Upvote 0

BrickUponBrick

One Among The Fence
May 31, 2011
Missouri
✟7,739.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So if a band has songs not actively for Christ or glorifying him those songs are against him? What about bands like Rise Against or Rage Against The Machine and others, who have songs about helping the poor and how the poor are forgotten about? I know those aren't Christian bands, but Jesus did say quite a lot about the poor, helping the poor and how they are blessed. Or songs that are about staying positive and always having hope, or loving and accepting people?

I think God works through secular music as well. I can worship and praise God to certain secular songs. I actually don't like most Christian music

Oh and there isn't always a Christian band that sounds just as good. Just saying. I have a lot of experience trying to find "Christian versions" of certain bands. Didn't work. I just listen to the actual band.

I must disagree completely with this post.

And especially that part. So you're making a black and white statement towards every group. It's either they glorify a god or not? C'mon.

Allow me to post the bare minimum as if I made an essay i'd spend hours and I really don't have time for that.

So lets go with the bands that have the most momentum and cross genres! I'll post videos too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pierce The Veil - Caraphernalia: A song about Ex Girlfriends-Vic Fuentes' in particular. "The last time I saw my ex-girlfriend, she left all kinds of random things behind at my house: travel shampoo, a razor in the shower, hair clips, etc. It was basically just a bunch of stuff that kept reminding me of her. After a while, it made me miss her, and I wondered why we ever broke up in the first place. When I wrote the music for the chorus, I knew right away that I wanted to ask my friend Jeremy McKinnon [of A Day To Remember] to do the screaming parts on the chorus and bridge. A few weeks after I wrote the song, I approached Jeremy with the idea and he agreed to sing on the album. It turned out to be one of my favorite tracks once we collaborated. One of my favorite things to do is make music with my friends. That collaboration makes the songs very special to me."

I'm sure you can connect it and so can many people with ex boyfriends and girlfriends.

Match Into Water: A song about Vic's ex who went through cancer yet died through Chemo. The theme overall as well? Getting through a rough time and Cancer in particular as many of Vic's friends are plagued. I kissed the scars on her skin
I still think you’re beautiful
and I don’t ever want to lose my best friend
I screamed out, “God, you vulture”
bring her back or take me with her

How does it feel, how does it feel?
Well, it feels like I’m on fire
Wake up, I know you can hear me

The scars meaning the IV's, and how vic cares about the ones he loved and still does. And being on fire? Many people who go through chemo equate it to being lit afire.

Even the album artwork on Collide The Sky is symbolic.

"The theme to the album artwork is “jumping off of the ground that is breaking beneath you.” The idea is to inspire hope amongst the chaos that may happening around you. If the ground was breaking beneath your feet, your first reaction may be to run and jump to safety, and it’s that moment where you are suspended in the air that I am focusing on. A still frame where you’re not sure if the person is falling or flying. It’s about freeing yourself from the things that are breaking or falling apart in your life, and inspiring a sense of hope from the desperation."

The list of bands and analytic points go on and on for me-this is a small fraction of bands that saved me from myself. For years I dealt with anxiety, depression, and anger management. But music as an outlet combined with playing the drums and finding a life for me helped put my emotions into words with the help of music like this. It shouldn't have to glorify a god unless you're an explicit Christian band. I'm not saying they can't play- I actively listen to Red and The Devil Wears Prada-but they're not the only bands giving amazing lyrics that deal with everyday life and can be on personal levels.

I agree with you on this. Pierce The Veil is an awesome band. They're pretty inspiring to me. Pierce The Veil = Win.

Upvote 0

01tj

May 30, 2012
Fairmont WV
✟7,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if a band has songs not actively for Christ or glorifying him those songs are against him? What about bands like Rise Against or Rage Against The Machine and others, who have songs about helping the poor and how the poor are forgotten about? I know those aren't Christian bands, but Jesus did say quite a lot about the poor, helping the poor and how they are blessed. Or songs that are about staying positive and always having hope, or loving and accepting people?

I don't know anything about rise against but I used to listen to rage against the machine and it seem like my favorite songs of the theirs, the ones that really got stuck in my head always spoke about violence and used the F word.

I guess it's just a decision you have to make though. I decided not to long after I got saved that I would be better off giving up secular music and it did make a big difference in my life.

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
there are songs that are really bad out there and they promote drinking and violence especially against women...there are good bands and artists who are Christians and they may not mention it in their songs but you read their thanks on the cds and most of them thank God and Jesus for their success.

Upvote 0

Syckological

Nov 23, 2012
Behind you.
✟536.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
there are songs that are really bad out there and they promote drinking and violence especially against women...there are good bands and artists who are Christians and they may not mention it in their songs but you read their thanks on the cds and most of them thank God and Jesus for their success.

If you're talking about Metal, absolutely not. Name some bands then? You could always refer to my very long post that I typed up as well to re-enforce my refutations with another user, or I could make an entirely new one.

If you want womanizing and "isms" you could always listen to Skinhead or Racist Metal (Which is a genre, but not publicly brought out). Funny enough, not all Christian Metal is good.....I know of a couple bands who swear and make horrible statements towards people who are Gay and have some of the worst possible music out there. Heck, there are local bands in my area that do that and people actually go to their shows.

Upvote 0