1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Faith Options in Your User Profile
    Please click on the following regarding this important notice in Announcements:

Faith Options in Your User Profile.

can you speak in tongues anytime you want?

Discussion in 'Pentecostal/Assemblies of God' started by Faithful Servant, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akasmom

akasmom busy body, still soul

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    The scripture refers to signs that follow when you are saved, not what you do to get saved.
    For anyone who has questions, get a concordance, look up every reference to tongues in the Bible, and start to study them out. Ask the Holy Ghost to guide you, ask God for wisdom and understanding, and let Him show you what He has said. Other people may be right or they may be wrong - you are responsible to study and find out. There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for advice, for guidance, etc. but you will have to know how to rightly divide the word of truth, and you do this by becoming familiar with what the word says about it - whatever the subject.
    Be blessed in your studies, and may He enlighten the eyes of your understanding to know the hope of His calling & the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.

2. kooolfriend

kooolfriend Turning ashes into beauty

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    Of course, I speak in tongues anytime, anywhere I want to.
    It’s like do you speak to God anytime and anywhere you want to?

Sometimes I use my intelligence to speak with God thus I express myself in languages.
    Sometimes there are more I need to say to Him that words alone can’t express what I have to say to Him, then I speak in tongues, and the Holy Spirit which is in us all the times helps us to say what we need to say to God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.