Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,796.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One "saving baptism" and that is not water baptism, but a baptism into Christ by the Spirit. All believer have this 1 Cor 12:13. Galatians 3:27 1 Peter 3;21

You are open to there being more than 1 baptism in scripture.

Yet, you appear strangely close to the idea of there being more than one good news in scripture.

Why do you want to restrict God to only ONE good news for ALL times, only you will know.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟78,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Believers are not saved by our works it is faith in the work of God that he did on the cross and resurrection and faith that he will save us inwardly and give us life to abide in. We live by faith. When we repent ( change your mind about the way we are going) and believe, then Christ dells in our heart and we are a new creation. If we continue in the faith( not works of the flesh) then we abide in Christ and as we overcome to the end through this faith and abiding we will eternally be in that life.

Jesus Christ is "eternal life" 1 John1 and 1 John 5. So if we have an evil heart of unbelief and lets say we hate our brother in ur heart then we no longer have eternal life abiding in us.

as scripture shows

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” (1 John 3:15 KJV)

That "whosoever" includes anyone (yes even us if we harden our hearts and have an evil heart of unbelief through the deceitfulness of sin

and jesus Christ is that eternal life ( so if he abides in us we are in that eternal life) if we do not continue to abide in him through faith then we are not in that eternal life.

“(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that
eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)” (1 John 1"2 KJV)

“And we know that the
Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.” ( 1 John 5:20 KJV)

as scripture again says, (by the way everything we say must be in line with scripture. The issue is your interpretation.

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;" (Hebrews 3:12-14 KJV)

This verse is spoken to holy brethren in Christ and the writer includes himself.

You assume that eternal life as we are in that life can never not "abide" in us.But scripture shows differently. We are kept by the power of God *this is true) but it is "by faith. And it is called "your faith" by Jesus and our faith.
that verse does not prove you lose your salvation. 2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

the Eternal security of the believer, Once Saved Always Saved is the truth.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟170,376.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that verse does not prove you lose your salvation. 2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

the Eternal security of the believer, Once Saved Always Saved is the truth.
Notice the “if” in these verses. We are the ones who may doubt or have sin and deny shod but he is not man. So on Gids part he will always be there for thee repentant believer who continues in the faith and if they deny him he will deny them.

2 Timothy 2: 11. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12. If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13. If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.”

If we forsake God he will forsake us

2 Chronicles 15: 2. And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.”

Upvote 0

Super Kal

Whatever
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟34,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When you give a gift to other people, if you list conditions to keeping the gift, is it still a gift?
Let me present you a story:

You're living at home and you're going to high school. Your father comes to you and tells you if you make straight A's on your report card, he will buy you a brand new car, but he tells you the only way you're going to get that car is if you make straight A's. So you work real hard, and you do make straight A's. So you and your dad go to the car dealership, and you give the seller your report card and you say "here's my straight, so I want my car now. He looks down at you, quizzically, confused, slightly amused, and tells you "I can't give you a car with this. You need to pay for it." You tell the dealer "but I got all straight as. I was told that when I got all straight as, I'd be able to get a free car." The Dealer says "I'm sorry, but here, straight A's won't get to the car. You still have to have money in order to buy the car. If you don't have money, then you don't get a car."

Your father comes up, he steps in between you and the dealer. He hands a check of $20,000 to the dealer, and the dealer says "right this way to your brand new car".

Why did the dealer not accept those straight A's?
because all the work you did doesn't mean anything to him. he wont accept that form of payment.
Your father, on the other hand, does have the form of payment and he paid it in full.

Now, you tell me: is that car still a gift?
even though you made straight A's, there's nothing you could have done to have gotten that car on your own. Your father had to give that person a check for $20,000 in order to get that car your father paid that person a debt for that car was erased, and that car became yours.

In the same way of salvation... there is nothing on this earth that we can do on our own to gain it since it is something that Christ only can give, but that does not mean we do nothing once we have it. Like those straight A's on the report card, we have to put in the work to show that the faith we have is indeed real, true, and genuine.

Demons believe, yet they shudder, so it can't just be faith alone, or faith only, otherwise all the demons would be saved. That's the point that James was making in James 2... the point he was trying to make is that works prove faith is real. Even Paul himself said in Ephesians 2:10

"for we are God's workmanship created to do good things beforehand so that we might walk in them. Faith has always been accompanied with works because those works show that our faith is real."

When we walk in our works it shows that the faith we have in Jesus Christ is a real, saving faith. It shows the inward change in our hearts and in our minds that we have made in commitment to the Lord.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,796.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the same way of salvation... there is nothing on this earth that we can do on our own to gain it since it is something that Christ only can give, but that does not mean we do nothing once we have it. Like those straight A's on the report card, we have to put in the work to show that the faith we have is indeed real, true, and genuine.

Demons believe, yet they shudder, so it can't just be faith alone, or faith only, otherwise all the demons would be saved. That's the point that James was making in James 2... the point he was trying to make is that works prove faith is real.

Under the gospel of the kingdom, to enter the kingdom requires faith and works. It was certainly not a gift.

Upvote 0

Super Kal

Whatever
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟34,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Under the gospel of the kingdom, to enter the kingdom requires faith and works. It was certainly not a gift.
I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by "gospel of the kingdom"... I'm taking a guess, and saying that it's part of the Old Testament, and one could talk about the Old Testament to one is blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is we're not living under Old Testament law anymore we're living under New Testament law, and Ephesians 2 says it is the gift of God, and when it concerns salvation and seeing eternal life, that's what matters.

Conversion to Judaism doesn't save anyone, at least now, and like I said, we could talk about Old Testament, and how people are saved during the old testament, and I do believe that people were saved through faith and how their works proved a genuine faith come but we don't live according to that system anymore.

Upvote 0

Super Kal

Whatever
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟34,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

This will explain to you what that term means.
Oh, you're talking about the heresy of dispensationalism... I didn't want to say anything, but I had heard that phrase before, and I just was wanting to make sure that my suspicions were correct.. and it sounds like the the website you shared with me separates the gospels from acts tells me the person writing it is either a acts 28 dispensationalist or a hyperdispensationalist...

yeah, no thanks.
I've already written a dissertation about how dispensationalism is just the early church heresy known as Marcionism modernized and repackaged...

And honestly if you're going to say anything after that, I really don't care, like my signature says, so don't bother.
Otherwise I'm just going to put you on ignore

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,796.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't want to say anything, but I had heard that phrase before, and I just was wanting to make sure that my suspicions were correct.

No worries, I assume you wanted to understand what I meant, that was why I replied to that post of yours.

I cannot control whether you really wanted to understand or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0