Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last month I learned a friend I met through CF passed away. Last I heard they were still determining the cause of death but they think it was related to his Marfan's Syndrome, which claimed his mother before him. I believe he died in his sleep. I haven't posted before now because I've been trying to remember his username on here but haven't been successful, while we originally connected on here we mainly communicated through Facebook over the past 10 years or so.

Anyway, James was a kind and interesting fellow. He was evangelical of some kind, I believe, but he had a deep knowledge of traditional and liturgical Christianity and I think he wanted to join one of our churches but for one reason or another never did. Perhaps he couldn't, perhaps, he was still working out some theology and doctrine. I don't know. But I could see he was still filled with the grace of God in his pursuits.

I'm sorry I can't recall his username on here, I have no doubt at least some of you interacted with him at one point or another because I believe he was a longtime member here. Hopefully the connection made somehow, somewhere, through someone but if you can nevertheless join in prayer for his soul I know he'd appreciate it.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine.
Et lux perpetua luceat ei:
Requiescat in pace.
Amen. :crossrc:

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Prayers for James and all who knew and loved him. Is this the same guy you posted a picture of not too long ago?
I don't think I posted a picture of him but this is the person I PMed you about a couple weeks ago.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟450,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Last month I learned a friend I met through CF passed away. Last I heard they were still determining the cause of death but they think it was related to his Marfan's Syndrome, which claimed his mother before him. I believe he died in his sleep. I haven't posted before now because I've been trying to remember his username on here but haven't been successful, while we originally connected on here we mainly communicated through Facebook over the past 10 years or so.

Anyway, James was a kind and interesting fellow. He was evangelical of some kind, I believe, but he had a deep knowledge of traditional and liturgical Christianity and I think he wanted to join one of our churches but for one reason or another never did. Perhaps he couldn't, perhaps, he was still working out some theology and doctrine. I don't know. But I could see he was still filled with the grace of God in his pursuits.

I'm sorry I can't recall his username on here, I have no doubt at least some of you interacted with him at one point or another because I believe he was a longtime member here. Hopefully the connection made somehow, somewhere, through someone but if you can nevertheless join in prayer for his soul I know he'd appreciate it.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine.
Et lux perpetua luceat ei:
Requiescat in pace.
Amen. :crossrc:
Did he fellowship in here?

Was he a hippy kind of?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did he fellowship in here?

Was he a hippy kind of?
I'm not sure how often he came on OBOB, I think he was in the Singles sub forum years ago when I used to go on there in the mid 2010s. I don't think he was hippyish, he was more intellectual. He was very well read for sure.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0