Lafayette
✟2,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So, fist of I know that many people would say that I am projecting( I don't know when I am or what that really means) and over sharing and I have beaten my self for that. But than I have come to realize that is just how my brain works and it helps me to share these things with others so I can be a witness and be a testamony for Jesus. I have an extreme desire to serve God and his children and it hurts me immensely when I hurt any of them so please try not to take this the wrong way.

I am trying so hard to have patients and love for all but it is very hard since the people I live with (my parents) are incredibly manipulative, and some times wonder if my father is a bit of a narcissist( he also mentally abuses my mom). So on top of my brain not even working as well as a very young child's brain in many ways... They manipulate me by telling me things like if I don't go to a mens retreat than I don't love my kids while my mom is crying and acting like going to the mens retreat is going to fix all of my brain problems. And then many days my dad gets very angry but if I get even a little bit angry he blows up and starts saying things like we have done so much for you, you have no right to get angry... They do this type of thing all of the time and it hurts so bad, I just feel like screaming " I can't think through things even half as well as you think I can" I want to help people but since I can't think many people end up using and abusing me.

Please pray for my parents I still love them and somtimes I wish that my brain worked better so I could figure out how to even figure out a quarter of what they think I can but am trying to be content, so please pray for me also as I have no choice but to suffer through this day after day.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,102,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So, fist of I know that many people would say that I am projecting( I don't know when I am or what that really means) and over sharing and I have beaten my self for that. But than I have come to realize that is just how my brain works and it helps me to share these things with others so I can be a witness and be a testamony for Jesus. I have an extreme desire to serve God and his children and it hurts me immensely when I hurt any of them so please try not to take this the wrong way.

I am trying so hard to have patients and love for all but it is very hard since the people I live with (my parents) are incredibly manipulative, and some times wonder if my father is a bit of a narcissist( he also mentally abuses my mom). So on top of my brain not even working as well as a very young child's brain in many ways... They manipulate me by telling me things like if I don't go to a mens retreat than I don't love my kids while my mom is crying and acting like going to the mens retreat is going to fix all of my brain problems. And then many days my dad gets very angry but if I get even a little bit angry he blows up and starts saying things like we have done so much for you, you have no right to get angry... They do this type of thing all of the time and it hurts so bad, I just feel like screaming " I can't think through things even half as well as you think I can" I want to help people but since I can't think many people end up using and abusing me.

Please pray for my parents I still love them and somtimes I wish that my brain worked better so I could figure out how to even figure out a quarter of what they think I can but am trying to be content, so please pray for me also as I have no choice but to suffer through this day after day.
Of course, I can’t really tell from here, but I am wondering if part of the reasons you’re having problems with thinking is because you were under a lot of stress from your parents. Again, I can’t really tell from here, but they seem pretty abusive.

I will be praying for you, and you might want to look at some videos on YouTube about narcissistic personality disorder. Particularly from a Christian psychologist called Les Carter
and a Dr. Ramini.

If your parents are suffering from narcissistic personality disorder, as you were wondering about, you might get some helpful tips from those videos, and also some emotional support from people in the comments.

You might want to look up the gray rock technique. It has been very helpful to many, including me.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I live with (my parents) are incredibly manipulative, and some times wonder if my father is a bit of a narcissist( he also mentally abuses my mom). So on top of my brain not even working as well as a very young child's brain in many ways... They manipulate me by telling me things like if I don't go to a mens retreat than I don't love my kids while my mom is crying and acting like going to the mens retreat is going to fix all of my brain problems. And then many days my dad gets very angry but if I get even a little bit angry he blows up and starts saying things like we have done so much for you, you have no right to get angry... They do this type of thing all of the time and it hurts so bad, I just feel like screaming " I can't think through things even half as well as you think I can" I want to help people but since I can't think many people end up using and abusing me.

Please pray for my parents I still love them and sometimes I wish that my brain worked better so I could figure out how to even figure out a quarter of what they think I can but am trying to be content, so please pray for me also as I have no choice but to suffer through this day after day.
I pray you will recover soon and be in good health.
I prayer your parents will have strength and the strength of God to endure and to know what to pray for.

The sinful nature, some degree of me-first-narcissism in endemic to humanity. Don't doubt it , just accept it and ask God to heal you of it.

Because of our human sinful nature it is most-easy to find the faults in others. But our great need is to see our own faults and ask God for deliverance.

I pray God will be with you, strengthen you and reveal His will for you.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray for Your strength and guidance for this person as they are in an abusive situation. Help them decide whether this situation can be managed through spiritual warfare, whether there is anything to be gained from this fight, or whether they need to leave. In Christ's Name, Amen.

Upvote 0