Merrill WI man pleads no contest to sexually assaulting children at Langlade County church

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

A judge found Travis Huse guilty of 12 felony counts, including four counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child.

His father, Scott L. Huse, 66, of Wautoma, faces one count of child enticement, four counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and seven counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child. Scott Huse is scheduled to go to trial on the charges against him in October.

According to the criminal complaint, eight women came forward to accuse the father and son of assaulting them when they were youths at the church.

Another woman said Travis Huse was working as a teacher's aide at the Apostolic Worship Center when he assaulted her during class when she was 12 and 13, according to the complaint.

The sixth victim said she was 17 years old when Travis Huse was working as a youth group counselor at the Worship Center

--

#notadragqueen comes to a close after a year. Some recent quotes from two of the stories are useful, I think:

“Sexual abuse is a problem in every institutional setting,” Feinstein said.

"This is a reminder to all that those in positions of authority have a lot of access to children. It is important to remain vigilant."

Vigilance is not a sometimes attitude.

Jesus warned of wolves in sheep's clothing, not wolves in drag.

Samwise warned of enemies that seem fair, but feel foul.
No matter the venue, keep your senses open to detect any feeling of foulness, even if all seems fair.

(I'll leave the drag queen comment to the side since that makes no sense.. )

This is truly a sad story and I do agree that parents should be vigilant when it comes to sexual predators, I agree with you child predators can be anywhere and don't usually wear signs on their foreheads...

(But this isn't an argument about drag queens, just because bad people can and will wear sheeps clothing doesn't mean they don't also wear women's clothing sometimes too, in fact one could argue women's clothing is dressing as sheep as much as pastoral robes is sheep-like because women are never seen as a threat).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But this isn't an argument about drag queens, just because bad people can and will wear sheeps clothing doesn't mean they don't also wear women's clothing sometimes too, in fact one could argue women's clothing is dressing as sheep as much as pastoral robes is sheep-like because women are never seen as a threat)
I’ve seriously never made a “drag as vestments” argument, but there it is. Well done!

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Around 20% of children are evaluated for sexual assault.

People really don't expect that it would happen to them, to their child.

I do think there should be more general information available for parents, maybe especially young parents, on signs to look out for for sexual abuse and how to be vigilant and talking to your child about such things so they would know what to do in a situation.

I point out young parents especially because young people in America still have their own innocence especially if their lives haven't been personally affected.

It's truly devastating for any child to deal with, and will affect them for the rest of their lives. It's definitely something we want to protect children from.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟79,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
People really don't expect that it would happen to them, to their child.
What I do not understand is people that are 30 years old that still are getting themselves into abusive relationships.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I do not understand is people that are 30 years old that still are getting themselves into abusive relationships.

I think the cycle of abuse is very hard to break, but it can be broken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟886,296.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My take on the “gist” of:
“Its doesnt really show anything except your take on a situation the rest of us arent in a position to review.”;
When the person who made the post has already clarified his post, I don't think an alternative interpretation is necessary. Most people know what they are saying.
Best guess:
We can’t hear the violin you’re playing”.
I guess you didn't notice the smiley face at the end of my post.

Upvote 0