✟310,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
WARNING.. age restricted graphic content
May 4, 1970. Kent State. A different time, a different rebellion, the same old sick society.

Last edited:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟118,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May 4, 1970. Kent State. A different time, a different rebellion, the same old sick society.

By the way, you might want to mark this post ages ≥16, as a dying protestor is shown in the article, so sad what happened. Also, I was not around then, but there were a lot of protests across the US and other parts of the world in the 1960s-1970s cos of the Vietnam war (America should have never gotten involved). Also, over 100 years prior to the Vietnam war, Abe Lincoln was buried.

Protests in WI (1967-1970): October 1967 - A Turning Point
Abraham Lincoln timeline: Abraham Lincoln Tomb Highlights

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟339,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I remember the Kent State shooting, but I was young, so I saw it through a child's eyes. It gave me the impression that college was a place where young adults really cared about the world and took actions to make a difference, and also that the police came and shot at you while you were doing it.

By the time I got to college, the Vietnam War was over, and the protests had subsided (as had the shootings of protesters). I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more campus activism while I was a student, though of course it was also good that we didn't have to worry about the police.

I have mixed feelings about the current protests. I think the situation in Israel and Palestine is way too complicated to be solved by a slogan on a protest sign. It's also important to avoid making the Jewish and/or Muslim members of the campus community feel unsafe. There's a lot that can go wrong here. But I'm glad to see college students paying attention to the world around them and trying to take a stand for what they think is right.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟118,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WARNING.. age restricted graphic content

Hey, God bless you for placing the age restriction disclaimer on the article, as I recommended. :) This means a lot, for the young ones and sensitive folks (even myself thought the article was a little graphic).

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟51,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what? Make of it what you will. At this point today I don't care.
How so ? Are you agreeing with the faction that persecuted this girl?
Interesting. I point out such is nothing new, and you change the focus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums