Discussion I am now doubtful , about my salvation.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟169,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Step right up and claim sinlessness then, and get it over with. You just finished saying you were a sinner. Back peddling?

Did I say I was a sinner? No I didn't.

I think you and I have some different ideas on what constitutes a person as a sinner. You see, before I was born again, I was a sinner, a person who could not stop sinning because I was in a fallen state. In other words, I was dominated by sin.

After I was born again at 27, and received a regenerated human spirit from the blood of Jesus, I no longer desired to sin. I was no longer dominated by sin because I was a new creation from GOD. All things were past.

Now,.... could the flesh rear it's ugly head and tempt me into sinfulness? Yes it could initially. But now, at the almost age of 60, all those sinful practices are gone.

So yes, at this very point in my life, I can claim to adhere to those passages in 1 John,...

1Jn 3:7 My little children, let no man lead you astray: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous:
1Jn 3:8 he that doeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. To this end was the Son of God manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.

I can claim a sin free life at this point.

You on the other hand seem to have a very different point of view. You just recently joined here this month, and this was your very first post on this site,...

Love your neighbors as yourself

Harder than it looks, ain't it?

It's very unlikely that the evil present within everyone is capable of doing that. Mark 7:21-23,
Romans 7:17-21

You seem to think that somehow after being born again you still have evil inside of you. You're in the wrong forum with that sort of thinking.

Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Rom 11:32-God bound everyone to disobedience so...
Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟1,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Did I say I was a sinner? No I didn't.
Then maybe you can actually take a position and dial your statement below in one way or another?
Did I say that we were sinless?
I said,.... that we are no longer dominated by sin

Are you sinless or not? A yes or no will do

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟169,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Then maybe you can actually take a position and dial your statement below in one way or another?

Are you sinless or not? A yes or no will do

How about this,... read what I posted.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟293,394.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Step right up and claim sinlessness then, and get it over with. You just finished saying you were a sinner. Back peddling?

I have no issues saying I'm a sinner and my sin is of the devil, just as the scriptures claim. Anyone who has internal temptations of the tempter should be able to say the same, if they are capable to speak, truthfully
You are conflating sinning with retaining a sin nature. If I am a sinner, I am embracing sin, rejecting my freedom from its hold on me, and identifying as a continuing enemy of God. If I am in Christ I may sin, but it's not my nature. According to the Bible a sinner can not be a Christian; they are not compatible.

• Agree
Reactions: ARBITER01
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟169,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Now why do that? Then he'd have to address what the Bible says, and he'd lose the argument.

Hence why I want him to answer my post, not keep ignoring it.

He's really in the wrong area here with his personal ideas.

I think I can speak for a good percentage of us here in this forum, that we believe in holiness, and the possibility of operating in GOD's power because of that holiness. Similar to what Wigglesworth, Etter, Finney, the Jeffrey brothers, Lake, and numerous others did over the years.

EDIT: I'm beginning to think that this is just unorthodox teaching from this person that is not allowed in this forum. Maybe it is reportable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟1,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are conflating sinning with retaining a sin nature. If I am a sinner, I am embracing sin, rejecting my freedom from its hold on me, and identifying as a continuing enemy of God. If I am in Christ I may sin, but it's not my nature. According to the Bible a sinner can not be a Christian; they are not compatible.
A sinner can not be a Christian? Hmmm?

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Note: "I am." Not I was or used to be

When are y'all going to figure out that the tempter is in the depictions of sin? It's not just a question of you alone

Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟1,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Similar to what Wigglesworth, Etter, Finney, the Jeffrey brothers, Lake, and numerous others did over the years.
I doubt any of those men claimed they were sinless. Not that I recall anyway. Most of Christianity considers claims of sinlessness to be heresy as only Jesus was sinless

You seem to be suffering under the delusion that to be a sinner you must be actively engaged in the action of sin, and when you're not in the action of sin, you're sinless

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟169,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You seem to be suffering under the delusion that to be a sinner you must be actively engaged in the action of sin, and when you're not in the action of sin, you're sinless

Delusion you say?

I'm simply abiding by scripture,....

1Jn 3:7 My little children, let no man lead you astray: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous:
1Jn 3:8 he that doeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. To this end was the Son of God manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is begotten of God doeth no sin, because his seed abideth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is begotten of God.

For whatever reason you seem to keep ignoring this passage of scripture, and it's pretty easy to understand.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟293,394.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
EDIT: I'm beginning to think that this is just unorthodox teaching from this person that is not allowed in this forum. Maybe it is reportable.
It's a pretty widely accepted teaching, and it has that out of context appearance of having scripture to support it, but you have to ignore explicit scripture and lean on classic hyperbole to establish proof texts. But whatever wins you the argument, I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟1,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Delusion you say?

I'm simply abiding by scripture,....

For whatever reason you seem to keep ignoring this passage of scripture, and it's pretty easy to understand.
You are simply avoiding the other party to sin, the devil

Put that perp in the equation and you might see the law in the right light:

1 Cor 15:
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Paul also elaborated, at length, about what sin indwelling him did when it encountered the law in Romans 7

Believers are supposed to know that the devil is involved with sin. All of it. It was never a question of just and only people

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟30,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was raised Catholic and my Pentecostal father pressed me to think positive and disciplined me to repent, my family was praying for me... I hated my life as a sinner, then I was given a medication and thought I was going to and turned to God asking for life and mercy. After days, I repented, and experienced being forgiven and standing from kneeling with a clear conscience and I was joyed for weeks, and felt more home and connected with nature, could love people more and had a clean heart. Catholic practices did not work best for me, confessing what I'd been forgiven from, and being sorry.

So I was not consolidated and it was ten years later that I was born again, under Frank Houston, worked out preachings and answered prayers and answered questions. Frank would teach, that unless you are born again, you are no different from a drunk in the gutter, and that by being born again, you were sure to enter life, if this night you die.

Later came the issue of new borns dying, conclusion, they go to Heaven.

I feel dissatisfied with myself. I am not free from sin, not bearing the fruit of the Spirit, a traitor stopped me or made it hard for me when I was first born again.

I cannot seem to motivate myself to repent. I struggle to reach out to God and find Him and peace.

I just watched the testimony of a Pentecostal who in her NDE went to Hell. I think some of us are Pollyannas. She was corrected and had to be led by the Spirit afresh.

I have watched many NDE accounts, and many entered the light of life. I have hope. But I am not sure of where I will go. I pray in tongues, but find receiving a word of knowledge hard and receiving the Holy Spirit, is also hard. At times when others have prayed for me, I mistakenly hardened my heart. I choose to forgive, but struggle to get out of the cage with the open door.

Has anyone overcome and stood fast in Godly love?
:cry: I feel so sorry for you. SIGH :sob:
Please pray to God for help. Pour out your heart in earnest prayer - repeatedly, and with a sincere heart, and God will give you the desire of your heart.

Psalm 20:1-4
1 May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices
and accept your burnt offerings.
4 May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟169,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You are simply avoiding the other party to sin, the devil

Put that perp in the equation and you might see the law in the right light:

1 Cor 15:
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Paul also elaborated, at length, about what sin indwelling him did when it encountered the law in Romans 7

Believers are supposed to know that the devil is involved with sin. All of it. It was never a question of just and only people

This statement is quite literal,....

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟581,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Simple questions, simple answers.

John 1:29 KJV
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Did Jesus take away the sins of the world?

1 John 2:2 KJV
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Is Jesus the propitiation for the sins of the world?

John 4:42 KJV
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Is Jesus the Savior of the world?

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Is the world reconciled to God?
Are the sins of the world imputed to them?

These things are already confirmed. We simply proclaim the facts to the world so they will know about it.

• Agree
Reactions: ARBITER01
Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟1,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This statement is quite literal,....

You can continue to ignore that Satan is moved by the law as well, per Mark 4:15

The law being against the devil is a good thing for all of us

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟169,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You can continue to ignore that Satan is moved by the law as well, per Mark 4:15

The law being against the devil is a good thing for all of us

I don't read scripture and try to insert a different meaning into it. For the most part, the literal meaning is easily understood.

Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟1,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't read scripture and try to insert a different meaning into it. For the most part, the literal meaning is easily understood.
No insertion required. Mark 4:15 is real. So is 1 Cor 15:56.

The law really is against the devil and his messengers

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟169,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No insertion required. Mark 4:15 is real. So is 1 Cor 15:56.

The law really is against the devil and his messengers

Sorry, I don't agree with your way of connecting unrelated portions of scripture.

Upvote 0

BelieveItOarKnot

Jun 2, 2024
Florida
✟1,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sorry, I don't agree with your way of connecting unrelated portions of scripture.
I don't agree with tossing aside any Word of God

IF Jesus said evil comes from within, we should be able to take that as a solid fact. Mark 7:21-23

Common sense tells us the same thing. The path of sin is from "thought" to word to deed.

Thought is first in line, and comes as an internal/thought response against the laws of God, just as Paul showed for himself in Romans 7:7-13

Paul defined sin as "no longer I" twice in Romans 7. Because sin is, as Jesus and John stated, "of the devil." Mark 4:15, 1 John 3:8

Sin, evil present within, our adversary, is the very reason we need and have a Savior.

Our reward comes at the end, when we are released from these current bonds, 1 Cor 15:42-46

Til then, it's a proclamation of what is to come

Upvote 0

David Lamb

May 30, 2024
Paignton
✟2,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But yes, there is a point a person can reach where they no longer sin in their life. Paul reached it. In fact, he was wanting the resurrection body.
That's certainly not what Paul thought. He didn't think of himself as no longer sinning:

“18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but [how] to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will [to do], I do not do; but the evil I will not [to do], that I practice.” (Ro 7:18-19 NKJV)

Another apostle, John, wrote to Christians:

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1Jo 1:8 NKJV)

If we are tempted to think we can be sinless in this life, we just have to think of the words of Jesus:

“‘And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This [is] the first commandment.” (Mr 12:30 NKJV)

Would any of us dare to claim that we love God perfectly like that, with all our heart, all our soul and all our strength?

Upvote 0