The Fall of America: All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟293,966.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are the two great commandments. And the second one is the one conservative preachers ignore, preferring to target sexual sins.

Jesus in the Gospels is all about social justice and mercy. That's why many conservative preachers bypass the Gospel to cherry pick st. Paul.
You can have both Fantine, a Christian view of social order and a view which encourages normal sexuality and condemns unnatural passions. You aren't exactly merciful to your enemies Fantine and desire them to be in prison.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You can have both Fantine, a Christian view of social order and a view which encourages normal sexuality and condemns unnatural passions. You aren't exactly merciful to your enemies Fantine and desire them to be in prison.
Trump?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟293,966.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah. I think Fantine is pretty clear about his desire to see Trump in prison. Of course, that's what one does with their enemies. But it does make one question the so called value placed on mercy.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well he's too busy undermine Catholic teaching in his own Church. Francis wants to steer the Catholic Church in the direction of the Episcopalian Church and in that process he will kill it.
That's been the story dissidents say about every pope in recent times. And yet the Church prevails. Every heretic accuses the orthodox of being heretics. It's diagnostic for that disorder.

"The Catholic Church rejects nothing that is true and holy in these religions. She regards with sincere reverence those ways of conduct and of life, those precepts and teachings which, though differing in many aspects from the ones she holds and sets forth, nonetheless often reflect a ray of that Truth which enlightens all men. Indeed, she proclaims, and ever must proclaim Christ "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6), in whom men may find the fullness of religious life, in whom God has reconciled all things to Himself.(4)

The Church, therefore, exhorts her sons, that through dialogue and collaboration with the followers of other religions, carried out with prudence and love and in witness to the Christian faith and life, they recognize, preserve and promote the good things, spiritual and moral, as well as the socio-cultural values found among these men."

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah. I think Fantine is pretty clear about his desire to see Trump in prison. Of course, that's what one does with their enemies. But it does make one question the so called value placed on mercy.
I just don't get the Trump hate thing. The guy is not a saint, but who is? Can't people see their own flaws and sins? I think of Jesus's words

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.

I know some liberals just don't like him because he doesn't believe in murdering the unborn. But I guess there are other reasons?

One thing I think is this: That the Rs can never let another Clinton -type person go unpunished. The left have no mercy. Why should the Rs? Yes, I know, we shouldn't lower ourselves, but this is getting beyond ridiculous. It seems we have to do something "drastic" in order to ... I don't know how to say it, but you probably get what i mean? The Rs are a bunch of pushovers most of the time while the Left...

I wonder if there will even be a D party in the future. Things are getting really bizarre

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are the two great commandments. And the second one is the one conservative preachers ignore, preferring to target sexual sins.

Jesus in the Gospels is all about social justice and mercy. That's why many conservative preachers bypass the Gospel to cherry pick st. Paul.
If Jesus were to show up again today, He'd be crucified again by those who call themselves Christians.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree with God. That's all I know.
Some of us seek to align our minds and hearts to God. But we can only approach that ideal, and we should remember it, lest we confuse our thoughts with God.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of us seek to align our minds and hearts to God. But we can only approach that ideal, and we should remember it, lest we confuse our thoughts with God.
I'm not understanding. Please elaborate. Thank you..

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If Jesus were to show up again today, He'd be crucified again by those who call themselves Christians.
No, the pagans would get to him first
No. Just as it happened in the time of the apostles; the pagans were not the ones who had Him crucified.

Luke 23:4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

No. Just as it happened in the time of the apostles; the pagans were not the ones who had Him crucified.

Luke 23:4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.
well, just whatever. I dont have time for hypotheticals. When Jesus comes again, He will not let anyone kill Him.

I am very happy about that. Jesus is my best Friend. . He's kind of my only friend these days, but that's because ppl annoy me

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟293,966.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I agree with God. That's all I know. I avoid division from God
Which then would necessarily set you apart from others, especially if the other wants to work against God. How then do you avoid division and dissension?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
well, just whatever. I dont have time for hypotheticals. When Jesus comes again, He will not let anyone kill Him.

I am very happy about that. Jesus is my best Friend. . He's kind of my only friend these days, but that's because ppl annoy me
You're halfway there.

Matthew 22:35 And one of them, a doctor of the law, asked him, tempting him: 36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and with thy whole soul and with thy whole mind. 38This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which then would necessarily set you apart from others, especially if the other wants to work against God. How then do you avoid division and dissension?
See above. My brother is one who loves God and loves his fellow man. Everything else depends on that. Whatever is true and holy about the beliefs of another person, is good with me. And on that, Jesus says, we should focus.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟372,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics