TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im looking for a well versed Catholic who believes they can defend their Churches idea of the gospel being the true /correct one that saves .

I shall be using the Catholic Catechism and The Bible to show that the two are at extreme odds .

PM Me if interested in this Formal Debate . Thanks,

Dave.
An Evangelical

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
For the third time on one of your threads, I'll offer to debate. The prompt should be changed to ''The Catholic understanding of salvation is consummate with the understanding in Scripture.'' The reason it should be changed is that it would be awkward to start a debate with a negative; it's more natural that the Catholic understanding would be given first, and then responded to. The rest of the perimeters shouldn't be too hard to work out.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the third time on one of your threads, I'll offer to debate. The prompt should be changed to ''The Catholic understanding of salvation is consummate with the understanding in Scripture.'' The reason it should be changed is that it would be awkward to start a debate with a negative; it's more natural that the Catholic understanding would be given first, and then responded to. The rest of the perimeters shouldn't be too hard to work out.

Sorry, but, my Proposed Debate Title still stands as is ; it wouldn't be starting the Debate with a Negative....it would be Me showing affirmatively that the Catholic 'gospel' that is taught in Catholic Churches is void of any power to save because it is not the Gospel that Jesus and the Apostles taught , and it would be You who would show affirmatively that it corresponds to Scripture (if in fact you choose to use Gods Word as your ultimate truth Source) to counter Me .

Ergo, I wont be changing the Debate Title and id be pleased to Debate you still.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, but, my Proposed Debate Title still stands as is ; it wouldn't be starting the Debate with a Negative....it would be Me showing affirmatively that the Catholic 'gospel' that is taught in Catholic Churches is void of any power to save because it is not the Gospel that Jesus and the Apostles taught , and it would be You who would show affirmatively that it corresponds to Scripture (if in fact you choose to use Gods Word as your ultimate truth Source) to counter Me .

Ergo, I wont be changing the Debate Title and id be pleased to Debate you still.

Hey Dave I will bite. But what is it you wish to show. Can you define the Catholic Gospel for me using Catholic sources that do just that? Hint Hint you may want to try using Pope Francis new Apostolic exhortation called "The joy of the Gospel" which talks about what the saving power of the Gospel is from the Catholic perspective.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/f...tazione-ap_20131124_evangelii-gaudium_en.html

I think we could do 30 rounds easily on every topic you misunderstand about the Catholic faith. But I am game if you wanna play. Lets rock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Dave I will bite. But what is it you wish to show. Can you define the Catholic Gospel for me using Catholic sources that do just that? Hint Hint you may want to try using Pope Francis new Apostolic exhortation called "The joy of the Gospel" which talks about what the saving power of the Gospel is from the Catholic perspective.

Evangelii Gaudium, Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis, 2013

I think we could do 30 rounds easily on every topic you misunderstand about the Catholic faith. But I am game if you wanna play. Lets rock.

No, I wont define the Catholic 'gospel' here but will in the Formal Debate. Ill make is so crystal clear in accordance to official RCC Teaching so there will be no misunderstandings had.

I just want to do The Catholic 'gospel' versus the Real Gospel that Christ and his Disciples taught for salvation ....... and the Formal Debate rules give us each 3 rounds . If you are still game, to to the Formal Debate Room which is pretty new...and look over the standard guidelines for protocol -- the only guideline id like to change is for both of us to have a max. 5,000 words per Post . Let me know after reading the guidelines because if you don't abide by them, then you will default.

Lets rock, Dave

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟841,344.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Evangelii Gaudium, Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis, 2013

No, I wont define the Catholic 'gospel' here but will in the Formal Debate. Ill make is so crystal clear in accordance to official RCC Teaching so there will be no misunderstandings had.

I just want to do The Catholic 'gospel' versus the Real Gospel that Christ and his Disciples taught for salvation ....... and the Formal Debate rules give us each 3 rounds . If you are still game, to to the Formal Debate Room which is pretty new...and look over the standard guidelines for protocol -- the only guideline id like to change is for both of us to have a max. 5,000 words per Post . Let me know after reading the guidelines because if you don't abide by them, then you will default.

Lets rock, Dave

3 rounds is a suggestion; 30 might be a bit much.

If both you guys are game, I can set this up.

BTW, Athanasius, I hope to get back to our discussion very soon.;)

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Lets rock, Dave

3 rounds is awful short especially given the topic and how you tend to not read the whole of Catholic teachings but rather get your info from Jack Chick and his cohorts. 5000 words per post would be great. Oh what the heck if nothing else this should indeed be good for a laugh as to see if 3 rounds could ever solve this issue. But I am up for it. I am confident the Catholic Church, her theology and teaching can answer all your objections(and has been answering all heretical objections for over 2000 years since Christ founded her historically). Lets go for it. :p

Mark no problem. Take your time. I am enjoying our dialog. What do you think about 6 rounds per person?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

poolerboy0077

Jun 9, 2013
✟1,625.00
Faith
Atheist
It doesn't seem reasonable to request that others join a debate when the topic is left purposefully vague and nebulous.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
3 rounds is awful short especially given the topic and how you tend to not read the whole of Catholic teachings but rather get your info from Jack Chick and his cohorts. 5000 words per post would be great. Oh what the heck if nothing else this should indeed be good for a laugh as to see if 3 rounds could ever solve this issue. But I am up for it. I am confident the Catholic Church, her theology and teaching can answer all your objections(and has been answering all heretical objections for over 2000 years since Christ founded her historically). Lets go for it. :p

Mark no problem. Take your time. I am enjoying our dialog. What do you think about 6 rounds per person?

In order -----

a. 3 Rounds at 5,000 words each Round for both of us, should do very well at getting to the meat of the difference . Limiting the Rounds will cause us both to be focused instead of going down extraneous rabbit trails .

b. You shouldn't be so confident that the RCC can defend her salvation position in light of Gods Word . Ill show it cant , and ill hope it will be enough for you to see the error of your Church on THE most important vital issue ever ---------hopefully enough to cause you to exit the apostasy instead of still feeling allegiance to Her.

c. You carry the misnomer that Christ started this 4 walled Institution for all to go thru for salvation and ultimate Theological Truth . Ill show this not to be the case in our Debate because it cant even get salvation right and Christ would never put his stamp of approval on such a False Teaching Church.

d. I wont use Jacks info on exposing the RCC's fraudulent 'gospel'...but ill base it solely on official RCC Formal Doctrine using the latest Catechism and Canons . Ill be posting the actual Catechism passage with reference number on how it wants its Members to apply extraneous methods , works, deeds, ways to complete Ones salvation .... when Jesus accomplished it all 2000 years ago left for you to simply receive by Faith (plus nothing else) .

e. Ill go ahead and enter the Formal Debate Proposal so Mark can get the Room set up. As im currently in another Formal Debate right now on CF, Ill have Mark give us a start date for my Introductory Post of 3-25-14 .

Okee doke ???

e.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't seem reasonable to request that others join a debate when the topic is left purposefully vague and nebulous.

It wont be nebulous ; The Title will be : 'Is the Catholic gospel the same that Jesus and his Disciples preached ?' You cant get any more definitive than that Friend.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mark the Moderator, Looks like I have Athanasias who will debate me . Please use the standard guidelines for Formal Debate except allow us 5,000 words per Post each. Set up the Room and give it the title of : ' Is the Catholic gospel the same Gospel that Christ and his Disciple preached for salvation ?' . Give us a start date of 3-25-14 for my Introductory post. Thanks, David.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mark the Moderator, Looks like I have Athanasias who will debate me . Please use the standard guidelines for Formal Debate except allow us 5,000 words per Post each. Set up the Room and give it the title of : ' Is the Catholic gospel the same Gospel that Christ and his Disciple preached for salvation ?' . Give us a start date of 3-25-14 for my Introductory post. Thanks, David.

Hey Dave I think we should also have at least 6 rounds per person and be able to have room to allow for up to 2 week per post at a time(as I am also dialoging with others on Catholic issues too so it may take a little time for a response from me for each post)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.