Supernatural evidence (Gifts, Holy Spirit Speaking to you, demons, etc)

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blessings in Christ Jesus! The king James version of the test(wording) actually is not correct. The correct is how you were given it, past tense, not present tense. In other words, "Jesus is come in the flesh" is not correct, where as, "Jesus has come in the flesh" is correct. Demons can not(will not) admit to this, because then, if they admit He was here(past tense) then they would have to admit that "It is Finished" Because of the cross. There is also one coming who will try to change times and seasons(from Daniel) and by this he will fool many.But not the elect.

When God gives you the ability to test the spirits, and I say "Has Christ come in the flesh?", the spirit in that person (or that thought I am testing) is FORCED by the Holy Spirit in me to confess both of these things simultaneously:

1) Has Christ come in the flesh of Jesus?
2) Has the same Spirit of Christ (the Holy Spirit) come in me?

It's a 2-fold test. When Jesus Christ gives you His Spirit and has you test spirits, He gives you the same power in your own body that Christ Jesus had in HIS body (that is the Holy Spirit), and the spirits must recognize BOTH simultaneously to be from God. If they deny the Spirit of God in Jesus AND in You, they are NOT from God. This is what Jesus meant when He said "Behold, I give YOU power over serpents and scorpions and over all power of the enemy" (Luke 19:10). When you receive power from Jesus Christ, He gives it to you the same way He gave it to the 70 disciples he sent out to evangelize in Luke 9:1-6

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I once stayed up late praying for forgiveness about some things. Suddenly, my temperature rose and there was a sensation of something like electrical current flowing through my cells. It was such an intense bond between me and God that I eventually had to ask Him to stop. So it stopped. But I knew I had been forgiven.

Reasons to believe me: I was praying and asking for God to show me a sign that He heard my prayers of remorse, that He would forgive my sins. Plus, this exact thing has never happened before or since. And this wasn't something major like parting the Red Sea; it was something intimate and personal. I assume it was invisible to the naked eye.

Reasons not to believe me: I have no physical evidence for any of this. Eyewitness would be useless for cases like this one (not that there were any eyewitnesses). It was an experience which was entirely subjective and in theory could've only happened in my imagination (I don't think it did but in theory it could have). Psychology says that sometimes religious people hallucinate experiences like this one. I asked for a sign so perhaps my subconscious created a sign.

I believe it was real but I don't fault anybody if they refuse to believe me.

I believe you. It hurts when people take the things most precious to you and trample them under their feet like wild pigs.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That's why many cannot share what has transpired in their lives.
God Gives us a vision of things to come, or why things have passed.
Walking in the Spirit will Transcend time.
We need to be Careful who we share with, and quite frankly, if you share with unbelievers you are casting your pearls before swine.
Often God Gives us His Love by giving us understanding in a spiritual form.
As well these events apply to us and those around us.
We discern the things of God by simply knowing who's Spirit is guiding us.
God is light and in him is no darkness at all.
I have confirmed demonic encounters due to events in the natural unfolding.
Being cautious helps yet myself have been taken by surprise, and God has delivered me by a sign that was unmistakable.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its not a boast, but I have lived my Christian life for the last 50 years in dreams visions revelations and prophetic words. I cannot imagine not having that sort of relationship with God.

Any prophecy on the Brexit ?

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am not sure exactly what your post question means, but the gift of prophecy is something God has chosen to place upon me. At first, 30 yrs ago, I did not welcome it at all. I cared more about being liked and loved than I did about exalting God's Truths and expressing His Mind, Will, and Heart, along with illuminating His Written Word, which prophecy does. Prophesy never contradicts the Written (Logos) Word of God. Prophecy helps people to know God better, to understand His Word better, prophecy confirms for people what God has already revealed or tried to reveal to them, and helps them move in His Will.

Please share more about what your question actually meant.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟185,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Since the early 90s, the Lord has been giving me lots of different insights in how to pray to fulfill Britain's exit from EU control.

In fact my initial entry into the Brexit prayer battle was as a direct results of Holy Spirit wisdom.
As regards prophecies, I have received words very specific to myself and my wife in regard to that prayer battle, but it wouldn't be right to reveal them as they involve much personal stuff also.

The Lord did give some powerful dreams though, including waking me up one night with the words,
"I anointed Henry 8th to break this nation free from Rome, but he then placed himself as head of my church. Nevertheless that anointing is still available!"

Most people would immediately react to the idea of God anointing Henry8th, given that he has such a lecherous reputation. But he is no different to many of the kings we read of in the bible.

The issue the Lord was highlighting was that there is an anointing for those who want to stand in the gap against the dominion of Rome over the UK.
That perhaps sounds odd in this context, but we should understand clearly that the foundation of the EU is the Treaty of Rome.
The whole idea of the EU originates with the "Club of Rome"
The central tenet of the EU is Catholic Social doctrine. etc. etc.

But Brexit words aside, here's one vividly clear word which I received back in 2007 when my wife and I were interceding for the USA presidential elections.
I heard these words in the Spirit, "The Lord has his Trump Card!"
And as always I wrote the words down and dated it.

We don't have a TV and I had never even heard of Donald Trump back then, so when Trump started campaigning for President I suddenly remembered and searched out the prophetic word in my notes.
That and other words enabled UK intercessors to pray with faith for Trump, knowing he was the man God would use to bring God's purposes on America.

And as an addendum here, some naive Christians keep banging on with the legalistic nonsense that all prophecy must be checked against scripture.
I want to point out that none of these political words will ever be found in scripture, nor does God intend that such would be the case.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since the early 90s, the Lord has been giving me lots of different insights in how to pray to fulfill Britain's exit from EU control.

In fact my initial entry into the Brexit prayer battle was as a direct results of Holy Spirit wisdom.
As regards prophecies, I have received words very specific to myself and my wife in regard to that prayer battle, but it wouldn't be right to reveal them as they involve much personal stuff also.

The Lord did give some powerful dreams though, including waking me up one night with the words,
"I anointed Henry 8th to break this nation free from Rome, but he then placed himself as head of my church. Nevertheless that anointing is still available!"

Most people would immediately react to the idea of God anointing Henry8th, given that he has such a lecherous reputation. But he is no different to many of the kings we read of in the bible.

The issue the Lord was highlighting was that there is an anointing for those who want to stand in the gap against the dominion of Rome over the UK.
That perhaps sounds odd in this context, but we should understand clearly that the foundation of the EU is the Treaty of Rome.

But Brexit words aside, here's one vividly clear word which I received back in 2007 when my wife and I were interceding for the USA presidential elections.

We don't have a TV and I had never even heard of Donald Trump back then, so when Trump started campaigning for President I suddenly remembered and searched out the prophetic word in my notes.
That and other words enabled UK intercessors to pray with faith for Trump, knowing he was the man God would use to bring God's purposes on America.

And as an addendum here, some naive Christians keep banging on with the legalistic nonsense that all prophecy must be checked against scripture.
I want to point out that none of these political words will ever be found in scripture, nor does God intend that such would be the case.

Thank you for the inisght...I missed part of that in earlier post.

Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The trump card prophesy you received is interesting to me. What do you think he is using Trump for?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟185,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The trump card prophesy you received is interesting to me. What do you think he is using Trump for?
Lance Wallnau.com is a better source than me to answer that question. I just responded to the word that God gave me.

However, from across the pond, I would say the USA dodged a very deadly bullet when, despite all the witchcraft, Hillary Clinton failed in her bid for the Whitehouse.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟770,569.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever experienced anything supernatural?

In a nutshell -

1. The night my father died, he appeared in my bedroom, materialising near the door. He moved towards the foot of the bed, started with an apology for a lifetime of deliberate cruelty, we argued and conversed, and at the end he gave this absolutely terrifying scream and disappeared. That was 40 years ago this year, and I still remember it pretty clearly.
2. Three "double whammies", each time used to highlight a verse someone else was saying (each time in a church or religious setting) - like a breath going through you in strong waves from hand to foot, such that I still remember those specific phrases today. Probably 1982 to 1983. I've heard a couple of thousand sermons or homilies, and forgotten most of them, but I still remember those three phrases in particular due to the "double whammies" which accompanied them.
3. Visions of my old Presbyterian (deceased) pastor from time to time - he'll just turn up, say something, and then disappear. The words will be pertinent to issues at that time.
4. Miscellaneous - "tingles", heavy gripping pressures at night and the light changing (goes a sort of sinister dark colour) - this is demonic, events that could hardly be co-incidental, other stuff from time to time.

God's around all right, and so is the devil. I once asked the old pastor above how you know "up front" if a particular "sensation" is from God or the devil.

His blunt answer was "you don't (know)". Sometimes you just have to wait to see how something works itself out.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a nutshell -

1. The night my father died, he appeared in my bedroom, materialising near the door. He moved towards the foot of the bed, started with an apology for a lifetime of deliberate cruelty, we argued and conversed, and at the end he gave this absolutely terrifying scream and disappeared. That was 40 years ago this year, and I still remember it pretty clearly.
2. Three "double whammies", each time used to highlight a verse someone else was saying (each time in a church or religious setting) - like a breath going through you in strong waves from hand to foot, such that I still remember those specific phrases today. Probably 1982 to 1983. I've heard a couple of thousand sermons or homilies, and forgotten most of them, but I still remember those three phrases in particular due to the "double whammies" which accompanied them.
3. Visions of my old Presbyterian (deceased) pastor from time to time - he'll just turn up, say something, and then disappear. The words will be pertinent to issues at that time.
4. Miscellaneous - "tingles", heavy gripping pressures at night and the light changing (goes a sort of sinister dark colour) - this is demonic, events that could hardly be co-incidental, other stuff from time to time.

God's around all right, and so is the devil. I once asked the old pastor above how you know "up front" if a particular "sensation" is from God or the devil.

His blunt answer was "you don't (know)". Sometimes you just have to wait to see how something works itself out.
Sorry, but
1) that was not your father.
3) that is not your deceased pastor.

The Bible is pretty clear about this. I'd strongly advise avoiding situations like these and seeking God regarding them.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟770,569.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but
1) that was not your father.
3) that is not your deceased pastor.

The Bible is pretty clear about this. I'd strongly advise avoiding situations like these and seeking God regarding them.

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, that was my father, and it was my pastor. And I don't go seeking situations like this.

They just came.

I've been through a lot of background counselling on these things, psychological, psychiatric and spiritual, and I'm quite sure who they were.

Nowhere does the Bible say someone can't turn up in a vision or in an apparition. We have for example the vision of Samuel granted to the witch of Endor, which appears to have actually been Samuel. Peter, James and John witnessed Moses and Elijah (personifying the Law and the Prophets) at the Transfiguration. Dead people again, alive and talking.

My father made future predictions on that night, and the devil can't see the future (according to a well known Catholic exorcist) eg. "You'll become a Christian...(about four years later)", "You'll meet a pastor. You'll think he's great, but all he'll do is discourage you even more ...." (met the pastor, learned a lot from him, thought he was great and still do, but he apologised to me himself circa 1991 with the words "I owe you an apology. You needed encouragement, but all I've done is to discourage you even more!" He quoted my father back to me almost word for word), and "they ('Moslems') will fly a couple of planes into a couple of buildings...." (no prizes for guessing what that was about, predicted nearly 22 years in advance).

Then there was the spoken context - at one point I blurted out, "What is this - a dream or something?!" He looked a bit bemused and said, "No, it's not a dream. I died tonight." And at another point, "It wasn't easy for me either you know, and I never had a chance to see anything like this!"

It was him.

God's in charge of what we're allowed to see or not see. Sure, the devil can get in on the act, but stop thinking that God can't act outside our man-made boxes. And I don't go looking for these things. They've just come. End of story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, that was my father, and it was my pastor. And I don't go seeking situations like this.

They just came.

I've been through a lot of background counselling on these things, psychological, psychiatric and spiritual, and I'm quite sure who they were.

Nowhere does the Bible say someone can't turn up in a vision or in an apparition. We have for example the vision of Samuel granted to the witch of Endor, which appears to have actually been Samuel. Peter, James and John witnessed Moses and Elijah (personifying the Law and the Prophets) at the Transfiguration. Dead people again, alive and talking.

My father made future predictions on that night, and the devil can't see the future (according to a well known Catholic exorcist) eg. "You'll become a Christian...(about four years later)", "You'll meet a pastor. You'll think he's great, but all he'll do is discourage you even more ...." (met the pastor, learned a lot from him, thought he was great and still do, but he apologised to me himself circa 1991 with the words "I owe you an apology. You needed encouragement, but all I've done is to discourage you even more!" He quoted my father back to me almost word for word), and "they ('Moslems') will fly a couple of planes into a couple of buildings...." (no prizes for guessing what that was about, predicted nearly 22 years in advance).

Then there was the spoken context - at one point I blurted out, "What is this - a dream or something?!" He looked a bit bemused and said, "No, it's not a dream. I died tonight." And at another point, "It wasn't easy for me either you know, and I never had a chance to see anything like this!"

It was him.

God's in charge of what we're allowed to see or not see. Sure, the devil can get in on the act, but stop thinking that God can't act outside our man-made boxes. And I don't go looking for these things. They've just come. End of story.

No, no, no. I'm sorry. I know it's hard to accept but that was not them. It was what the Bible calls familiar spirits... they imitate those who you are familiar with. The Bible admonishes Saul for trying to talk to Samuel. It was NOT Samuel... read 1 Chron 10:13 KJV, it says he was talking to a familiar spirit. Saul sought out the medium because God WASN'T talking to him. And it predicted his future correctly... but it didn't point to God... they just pointed to destruction, much like the prediction you got.

God forbids attempting to consult with the dead: Deut 18
The devil can come as an angel of light: 1 Cor 11
The dead cannot come back unless it is through resurrection: Luke 16:26
And there are more

This not a man made box, it is a God made one, for our own protection. He's clear on it, and He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Additionally it is pretty widely accepted view in a large majority of Christian circles.

This is a dangerous path to follow, and an even more dangerous path to lead others down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 22, 2019
Colorado
✟15,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever experienced anything supernatural? Has the Holy Spirit ever spoken to you? Do you have a spiritual gift? Have you experienced demons or deliverance of any kind?

If you have anything you'd like to share, I'd like to hear your testimony. God Bless!
This basically describes my life everyday

Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2019
Colorado
✟15,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever experienced anything supernatural? Has the Holy Spirit ever spoken to you? Do you have a spiritual gift? Have you experienced demons or deliverance of any kind?

If you have anything you'd like to share, I'd like to hear your testimony. God Bless!
Yes to all.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You wanna hear a testimony? It's pretty long, but I'll try to keep it short. When I was four years old I died, my heart stopped beating for a good while, in a house fire due to smoke inhalation, and apparently I went to Heaven, and when I came back I told everyone very specific stuff about my trip. I say apparently because I was four, and I don't remember any of it.

Later on in life, when I started to become a true christian, I started to receive visions from God confirming the prayers I had been praying, and now I have given up all of my fleshly desires, and gained power in Christ.

What kind of power? The power to control my subconscious mind, and the power to absorb power from God and use it how I see fit.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to properly use both powers for the glory of God.

Like I said that's the short version.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟810,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to those posting some of your supernatural experiences.

Before our youngest son was in the 3rd grade, I dreamed that he was in an accident and had to have surgery. There was a serious complication and the dream revealed how it needed to be handled. I didn't mention it to anyone and didn't know to pray about it. Months later when we got the phone call that he had been hit by a car, I yelled to my husband as we were running out the door, he's going to be ok!

What happened in the natural was just as I had dreamed it. The doctors said the exact words and stood where they had been in my dream. Our son's hospital room was located on the right hand side next to the elevators, etc. After our son came home and things had settled down, I told them about the dream. My husband said it had really puzzled him why I was so sure that our son would be fine even 2 sec after the initial call. He had been amazed (shocked) at how calm I was through the entire process. But I just knew that our son was going to be okay in spite of the facts: the car was traveling about 45 mph, he hit the windshield & fell onto the street; there was blood, grass, gravel, everywhere; the complication happened, etc,

Our son doesn't have any problems from what happened. Hard to express how grateful I am to Yahweh.

Upvote 0