Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Before you are concerned with the Gifts, be sure you are fully engaged in the Fruits. As a Christian you should manifest each of the Fruits of the Spirit.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” ~ Galatians 5:22

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know what your spiritual gifts are? If you'd feel comfortable, please share your spiritual gifts.
They will manifest and it is not within your own fleshly ability to cause any of it to happen, it just happens and is given to you freely, but with trust and protecting the anointing of it. It's like having an undeserved present straight from the Lord.

Upvote 0

DavidaAC

Apr 26, 2017
US
✟9,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you know what your spiritual gifts are? If you'd feel comfortable, please share your spiritual gifts.
From my experience, spiritual gifts just start to show after you're saved, along with the fruit of the Spirit. Mine are discernment, ministering, mercy, and giving.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whatever the Lord gives he will give.
But it is never for personal glory or recognition
Every time one is used, I have noticed it just came and that it was used for the sake of the other.
an example you can get a word of knowledge about one , something only they know
but its not like a spirit of divination to be used whenever.
this is different. it only has occurred three times in eight years
and each time I just instantly knew a specific thing about a person
when it was said , they would be shocked and it was always for evangelizing.
always. I believe that may have been word of knowledge
But the gift when it happened I never felt self exalted like wow , it was
not like that at all, it was like the whole focus was on the other person to bring them to Christ.
spiritual discernment that one occurs by his grace more often.
But this has nothing to do with me, I am nothing.
HE just gives what is needed , when its needed.
Davida, hello..........I noticed you mouse changed colors.
yall be blessed and praise the LORD.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I took a spiritual gifts test and mine are Mercy,Exhortation,and gifts of service, I love being
involved in ministrys serving the Lord. I am also a compassionate person.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith is my primary spiritual gift because of how strongly I believe in God and put my trust in Him. As for other gifts, I enjoy serving and helping others, and I like helping others understand the Word, but I'm not that great at reaching out to people (particularly non-Christians) to teach them about Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im not sure how to tell what might be a spiritual gift. But recently someone told me that when we use such gifts we will feel true joy in doing so.
My advice would be to find what you live doing. What gives you a feeling of satisfaction, a high you can't explain

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟810,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you hear a friend has lost their job, what is your immediate response? Encourage them, be sympathetic, contribute financially, buy some groceries, want to teach them how to prepare for their next job, etc. Sometimes the response to this question helps point out the area we're to serve.

Upvote 0

WebersHome

Site Supporter
May 7, 2017
Oregon
✟368,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
If I were permitted to select a spiritual gift for myself, it would be the ability to give wise advice as per 1Cor 12:8.

For example: by means of the wisdom that God gave him, Solomon knew just what to do in the case of two women disputing the possession of a child (1Kgs 3:16-28). Had it been left up to me; I would have been baffled.

I've been pretty much on the scale of a Forrest Gumpster all my life. The gift of wisdom would be a welcome relief.

/

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have " the sight of Christ" I see the living & I see their sins and I love them still.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟52,727.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As with any thread that asks about what we often refer to as being "spiritual gifts", the first thing that needs to be asked is what each person thinks a "spiritual gift" is. What many people equate with "spiritual gifts" are quite often only natural talents or learned abilities which even a non-Christian can exhibit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What are so
As with any thread that asks about what we often refer to as being "spiritual gifts", the first thing that needs to be asked is what each person thinks a "spiritual gift" is. What many people equate with "spiritual gifts" are quite often only natural talents or learned abilities which even a non-Christian can exhibit.[/QUOTE

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What are so
As with any thread that asks about what we often refer to as being "spiritual gifts", the first thing that needs to be asked is what each person thinks a "spiritual gift" is. What many people equate with "spiritual gifts" are quite often only natural talents or learned abilities which even a non-Christian can exhibit.
What are some examples of spiritual gifts

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟52,727.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What are some examples of spiritual gifts
Hi, as this particular topic has been of great interest to me for a number of years, I realised maybe a couple of decades back that how the Christian community (or even communities) speaks of what we term as being "spiritual gifts" often has us running around circles, where we often do not know what someone else means when they use this particular term; even worse, we can easily presume that they mean something when in fact they might even mean something quite different.

The problem that exists with this particular term, which will be acknowledged by all the better commentaries, is that our English term "spiritual gifts" has no direct equivalent in the Greek text, which means that the term can mean whatever we want it to mean, or where it means what we think that it is supposed to mean.

Anyway, for what it's worth, my position is that there are only 9 Manifestations of the Spirit (aka, spiritual gifts) and they are found in 1 Cor 12:7-11. Paul also tells us that there are 8 Congregational Offices in 1 Cor 12:28;

9 Manifestations of the Spirit (1Cor 12:7-11) These nine are what we should deem to be "spiritual gifts":
  1. Wisdom
  2. Knowledge
  3. Faith
  4. Healings
  5. Power (aka, miracles)
  6. Prophecy
  7. Discerning of spirit
  8. Tongues
  9. Interpretation of tongues
8 Congregational Offices (1 Cor 12:28)
  1. Apostle (i.e., missionaries/church planters)
  2. Prophets
  3. Teachers
  4. Powers
  5. Healings
  6. Administrations
  7. Helps
  8. Tongues

Things such as giving and caring are actually more aligned with being fruits of the Spirit which are distinct from the Manifestations of the Spirit (aka, spiritual gifts). The four Offices that I have marked in Bold are in my view natural talents/abilities and the other four are driven entirely by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi, as this particular topic has been of great interest to me for a number of years, I realised maybe a couple of decades back that how the Christian community (or even communities) speaks of what we term as being "spiritual gifts" often has us running around circles, where we often do not know what someone else means when they use this particular term; even worse, we can easily presume that they mean something when in fact they might even mean something quite different.

The problem that exists with this particular term, which will be acknowledged by all the better commentaries, is that our English term "spiritual gifts" has no direct equivalent in the Greek text, which means that the term can mean whatever we want it to mean, or where it means what we think that it is supposed to mean.

Anyway, for what it's worth, my position is that there are only 9 Manifestations of the Spirit (aka, spiritual gifts) and they are found in 1 Cor 12:7-11. Paul also tells us that there are 8 Congregational Offices in 1 Cor 12:28;

9 Manifestations of the Spirit (1Cor 12:7-11) These nine are what we should deem to be "spiritual gifts":
  1. Wisdom
  2. Knowledge
  3. Faith
  4. Healings
  5. Power (aka, miracles)
  6. Prophecy
  7. Discerning of spirit
  8. Tongues
  9. Interpretation of tongues
8 Congregational Offices (1 Cor 12:28)
  1. Apostle (i.e., missionaries/church planters)
  2. Prophets
  3. Teachers
  4. Powers
  5. Healings
  6. Administrations
  7. Helps
  8. Tongues

Things such as giving and caring are actually more aligned with being fruits of the Spirit which are distinct from the Manifestations of the Spirit (aka, spiritual gifts). The four Offices that I have marked in Bold are in my view natural talents/abilities and the other four are driven entirely by the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for your response. Now I just have to figure out which gift I have. I assume that we all have at least one

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, RC1970. You mentioned that we should display the fruits of the Spirit in our lives. I believe in the spirit world, but I don't seem to have any of the fruits. All I feel is emotional nothingness. Love and Joy are emotions, right? Then how come I don't feel them? How come sometimes I have no peace in my life? All these years I thought I was saved. Does this mean I am not saved?

I do pray to GOD to help me eradicate sin out of my life, but He still isn't helping me be a better person. He knows that I cannot do it on my own. Why doesn't He help me?

• Prayers
Upvote 0