Reply to comment orthodox against technology

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,995.00
Faith
Christian
it is self evident by teaching one Christ is different than what the scripture portrays less loving and just it is so. They think because the church fathers taught them it is so and that is the teaching of Christ. And some of the church fathers teach not to be friends with those who left the church to make them ashamed and so they do not corrupt one not to avoid them because one actually seems to support a heresy that one can understand one may think it could be harmful to teach to not support it for others and that person wellbeing . I suppose they did not actually teach permanently not to minister to them in need for that would seem to be hindering one from following Christ. I will have to search for the quote to post it. So they are harsh because one may be outside the church because he wants to be more just as people should not be judged so as to care for people to be saved

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,481,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it is self evident by teaching one Christ is different than what the scripture portrays less loving and just it is so. They think because the church fathers taught them it is so and that is the teaching of Christ. And some of the church fathers teach not to be friends with those who left the church lest they corrupt one. I will have to search for the quote to post it. So they are harsh because one may be outside the church because he wants to be more just as people should not be judged so as to care for people to be saved.

you really don't know how we approach the Fathers.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,995.00
Faith
Christian
you really don't know how we approach the Fathers.

I think I know I have thought it means by avoid their friendship to not be friends in the way to agree with the false teachings but the sayings seem literal avoid them because they are likely to influence you but you can minister to their needs

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,481,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think I know I have thought it means by avoid their friendship to not be friends in the way to agree with the false teachings but the sayings seem literal avoid them because they are likely to influence you but you can minister to their needs

no, and this is why you shouldn't speak about us as if you knew what you are talking about. it's not good.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,995.00
Faith
Christian
It doesn’t matter how you practice it but how some are led to practice it as proven by many orthodox sites online as there has never been shown me any evidence that the church fathers mean differently to what they say. I have never read evidence that one words can be interpreted another way as they are plain.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,481,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It doesn’t matter how you practice it but how some are led to practice it as proven by many orthodox sites online as there has never been shown me any evidence that the church fathers mean differently to what they say. I have never read evidence that one words can be interpreted another way as they are plain

I don't think, based on this, that you have read many Fathers.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,995.00
Faith
Christian
Yes I have I have read all the apostolic fathers and so many early fathers which are clear they taught outside an apostolic succession and what they taught the church was there can be no salvation but I believe God allowed this because some people will expect an authority or that there is always a group working for Him and because others who know the scripture better and have more trust in Christ would not be affected or they can join a church

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,823.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it is self evident by teaching one Christ is different than what the scripture portrays less loving and just it is so. They think because the church fathers taught them it is so and that is the teaching of Christ. And some of the church fathers teach not to be friends with those who left the church to make them ashamed and so they do not corrupt one not to avoid them because one actually seems to support that heresy for one wellbeing . I suppose they did not actually teach permanently not to minister to them in need for that would seem to be hindering one from following Christ. I will have to search for the quote to post it. So they are harsh because one may be outside the church because he wants to be more just as people should not be judged so as to care for people to be saved
So it seems that your interpretation of Scripture takes precedence over the Church Fathers. I'm surprised that you identify as Oriental Orthodox, as you don't appear to have much in common with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,995.00
Faith
Christian
So it seems that your interpretation of Scripture takes precedence over the Church Fathers. I'm surprised that you identify as Oriental Orthodox, as you don't appear to have much in common with them.

I do not identify as oriental orthodox I just have not been able to change it and to know who to contact or seem looking stupid to make request to change it at that time but I think I should change it now

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,197,823.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do not identify as oriental orthodox I just have not been able to change it and to know who to contact or seem looking stupid to make request to change it at that time but I think I should change it now
PM one of the mods and ask to have it changed.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,481,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes I have I have read all the apostolic fathers and so many early fathers which are clear they taught outside an apostolic succession and what they taught the church was there can be no salvation but I believe God allowed this because some people will expect an authority or that there is always a group working for Him and because others who know the scripture better and have more trust in Christ would not be affected or they can join a church

that isn't all that was taught or is taught now.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟591,995.00
Faith
Christian
that isn't all that was taught or is taught now.

The same apostolic fathers did not later show that they do not mean differently to what it seems. And so any afterwards is not holding the same tradition that they taught. And to teach differently now seems would be departing from that tradition unless there is valid justification why it only applied in the context of the beginning church but that does not seem to make sense to me and there is no indication that they meant only for that time and they limit God to sacraments and there is no way it seems the church can say that teaching has changed according to them that God is not bound by the sacraments without ignoring the fathers except maybe some writings which say some deserve exceptions who do not know

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,481,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The same apostolic fathers did not later show that they do not mean differently to what it seems. And so any afterwards is not holding the same tradition that they taught. And to teach differently now seems would be departing from that tradition unless there is valid justification why it only applied in the context of the beginning church but that does not seem to make sense to me and there is no indication that they meant only for that time and they limit God to sacraments and there is no way it seems the church can say that teaching has changed according to them that God is not bound by the sacraments without ignoring the fathers except maybe some writings which say some deserve exceptions who do not know

just because we believe that there is only one Church, and that the fullness of God's grace and truth resides in that one Church, and that only that one Church has true sacramental life, that doesn't mean we conclude what you are concluding.

also, the Fathers are not the only things we look at.

Upvote 0