✟162,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did she write why she killed her dog?
I haven’t heard anything but the dog couldn’t learn to hunt.
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is doubling down on her decision to shoot and kill her 14-month-old dog, Cricket, 20 years ago, saying that she shot the “dangerous” dog in order to protect her children.

“We were her second chance,” Noem said Wednesday evening on Fox News’ “Hannity.” “The day she was put down was a day that she massacred livestock that were part of our neighbors. She attacked me. And it was a hard decision.”

Noem said she had to choose between “keeping my small children and other people safe, or a dangerous animal, and I chose the safety of my children.”

I've owned a dozen different dogs. Like people they have different temperaments. I've also taken in dogs that others have found troublesome. As a rule often it is the owner that needs training. There are some however, like humans, that are either to damaged or were born predisposed to disobedience and a biting response to other dogs, animals and children. We took one to a veterinarian to be put down which I suppose some here would not take issue with. However, that is $300.00 and no more efficient than disposing of it in a correct fashion with a gun. We also had another shepherd that was given to us because she would break out of her area and bite joggers. The previous owners were concerned with a potential lawsuit so we took it in. It unfortunately came up behind a couple friends and nipped them.
Not everyone human or dog is teachable. If that were so then every human would be saved for God is the greatest father figure and according to His Word, most are in rebellion.
The biter went to a friend who lived alone and lived on a dog run. I personally do not wish to have dogs that must be leased or penned their entire life. That is not much of a life.

The statement, 'We were her second chance' indicates a previous owner.
This is not personally addressed to you, yet there are some, left and right, who simply love to complain and find fault with anything that goes against their internal dialogue or thoughtless initial emotional response may take issue with this. That is a reflection on them, not her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟262,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is doubling down on her decision to shoot and kill her 14-month-old dog, Cricket, 20 years ago, saying that she shot the “dangerous” dog in order to protect her children.
I think there's enough problems in the world to concern ourselves with other than some dog getting shot. But...the woman is likely to run for re-election as governor. And I don't think that someone with a complete lack of understanding of public response to what she did should be considered for office. Notwithstanding the lies that were told in the book about, for example, meeting the North Korean leader.

Written by a ghost writer? But she didn't read her own autobiography?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

“We were her second chance,” Noem said Wednesday evening on Fox News’ “Hannity.” “The day she was put down was a day that she massacred livestock that were part of our neighbors. She attacked me. And it was a hard decision.”

Noem said she had to choose between “keeping my small children and other people safe, or a dangerous animal, and I chose the safety of my children.”

I've owned a dozen different dogs. Like people they have different temperaments. I've also taken in dogs that others have found troublesome. As a rule often it is the owner that needs training. There are some however, like humans, that are either to damaged or were born predisposed to disobedience and a biting response to other dogs, animals and children. We took one to a veterinarian to be put down which I suppose some here would not take issue with. However, that is $300.00 and no more efficient than disposing of it in a correct fashion with a gun. We also had another shepherd that was given to us because she would break out of her area and bite joggers. The previous owners were concerned with a potential lawsuit so we took it in. It unfortunately came up behind a couple friends and nipped them.
Not everyone human or dog is teachable. If that were so then every human would be saved for God is the greatest father figure and according to His Word, most are in rebellion.
The biter went to a friend who lived alone and lived on a dog run. I personally do not wish to have dogs that must be leased or penned their entire life. That is not much of a life.

The statement, 'We were her second chance' indicates a previous owner.
This is not personally addressed to you, yet there are some, left and right, who simply love to complain and find fault with anything that goes against their internal dialogue or thoughtless initial emotional response may take issue with this. That is a reflection on them, not her.
She shot a dog and she’s the victim?
Oh boo womp

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,549.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think there's enough problems in the world to concern ourselves with other than some dog getting shot. But...the woman is likely to run for re-election as governor. And I don't think that someone with a complete lack of understanding of public response to what she did should be considered for office. Notwithstanding the lies that were told in the book about, for example, meeting the North Korean leader.

Written by a ghost writer? But she didn't read her own autobiography?
She's term limited. Most people are interpreting this book as a way to try and get nominated for VP.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟923,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She was asked why she did not catch the error in an interview today...and deflected.

The more she tries to speak (deflect) about this and the dog/goat incidents, the worse it gets for her.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟262,597.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
She was asked why she did not catch the error in an interview today...and deflected.

I thought she did that not to appear stupid. I mean, who gets an autobiography published without reading it? That's pretty dumb. But...we now know that she read it. Because she narrated the audio version. So it's not now a simply case of stupidity. She lied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Tens of thousands of dogs are euthanized, and as many goats and sheep are slautered. Those bewailing this, would congratulate her for getting an abortion.

Euthanasia is a procedure performed by a vet that's painless, bloodless, and doesn't involve a firearm. Noem got angry and shot a dog for doing what that breed of dog was bred to do.

She didn't even need to kill the dog, she could have simply found it a new home if she didn't want it.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Euthanasia is a procedure performed by a vet that's painless, bloodless, and doesn't involve a firearm. Noem got angry and shot a dog for doing what that breed of dog was bred to do.

She didn't even need to kill the dog, she could have simply found it a new home if she didn't want it.
The dog was an aggressive threat to children and needed to be put down. Like I said, if she had gotten an abortion instead of putting the baby up for adoption, those virtue signaling over a dangerous 14 year dog, would be congratulating her.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The dog was an aggressive threat to children and needed to be put down.

Attacking a chicken doesn't make a dog particularly aggressive. Dogs are predators by nature.

Actual dog trainers have gone on record saying that the killing was unnecessary and cruel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Attacking a chicken doesn't make a dog particularly aggressive. Dogs are predators by nature.
I said children, not a a chicken.
Actual dog trainers have gone on record saying that the killing was unnecessary and cruel.
Yet a veterinarian would have happily done it for money. So why no outcry over the thousands of dogs unnecessarily killed by veterinarians? This is is just a political smear campaign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yet a veterinarian would have happily done it for money.

Vets don't shoot dogs. They use sedatives and potassium chloride injections to alleviate animal suffering, not brutally shooting an animal that could easily be somebody's pet or companion.

So why no outcry over the thousands of dogs unnecessarily killed by veterinarians?

Vets aren't trained to euthanize dogs unnecessarily.

Proverbs 12:10 comes to mind, "The righteous care for the needs of their animals, but the wicked are only cruel in their mercies"

Needless animal cruelty has long been considered sinful and degrading in the Christian tradition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Vets don't shoot dogs. They use sedatives and potassium chloride injections to alleviate animal suffering, not brutally shooting an animal that could easily be somebody's pet or companion.
First of all I said children, not chickens.

Then why aren't there complaints about all the vets killing dogs for cash, instead of putting them up for adoption? Funny how some people care more about an old dog than a human baby, when it comes to termination vs adoption.
Vets aren't trained to euthanize dogs unnecessarily.
But everyone is saying a veterinarian would have killed this dog for a fee. And that's okay because the dog would have been gassed instead of shot. So kill a dog for a fee, that's a-okay. Kill a dog to protect your children, that's atrocious.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally I would've had the dog picked up by animal control to be put down for free.

I assisted in that once when it came to an old Akita that had been separated from its owner and was angry and miserable, and most of all was a threat to my 4 year old niece.

Then there was my elderly half blind mother's half blind old cat she kept nearly tripping over. I arranged to have Fluffy taken out too (my mom wasn't upset over it).

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,453,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why aren't there complaints about all the vets killing dogs for cash, instead of putting them up for adoption? Funny how some people care more about an old dog than a human baby, when it comes to termination vs adoption.

Maybe because it's not a valid comparison. Funny how you assume what some people care about.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0