Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
My spiritual lineage...

1. Some family members wonderfully Methodist
2. Brought up Baptist
3. Spirit filled Pentecostal Holiness

Noting from the Apostle Paul...

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?- 1 Corinthians 12:29-30

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. - 1 Corinthians 14:39

My old Pentecostal Holiness pastor was an old evangelist turned pastor. He really knew how to get wonderful evangelist for revival. One summer day as a teenager I was reading Nikki Cruze's Run Baby Run after a wonderful revival and I heard a voice speaking to the heart..."Put the book down" Not realizing what was happening I continued to read. I was sleeping next to an open outside door and the kady-dids were singing their praises to God very loudly. The voice spoke again... "Put the book down!" I then put the book down and heard the voice speak yet again... "Where is all the strife, hatred, and bad feelings?" I examined the heart to find nothing there but pure beauty. I thought to myself, "Oh my! I got exactly what those people got!"

But.... I never did speak in tongues. I have been in services where people have spoke in tongues and I believed their experience as legitimate. However with many it is a social standing. Someone will encourage them to speak and they will utter something to the effect of "Ba ba ba... Da da da" And then someone will encourage them... "You got it mate!" And they will go the rest of their lives believing they had been "Saved, Sanctified, and Filled with the Holy Ghost!" In which, showing the fruit of fine people, I would not doubt the experience. But point out the fruit of their daily lives much more important than any so-called "prayer language."

I think it important to correctly define the Holy Spirit as something much more than a prayer language. And it is important to let spiritual fruit illuminate and warm the heart with a ministry that will bring love and light to a darkened world. And to put all of this in form of song...

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My spiritual lineage...

2. Brought up Baptist

Noting from the Apostle Paul...

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?- 1 Corinthians 12:29-30

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. - 1 Corinthians 14:39

My old Pentecostal Holiness pastor was an old evangelist turned pastor. He really knew how to get wonderful evangelist for revival. One summer day as a teenager I was reading Nikki Cruze's Run Baby Run after a wonderful revival and I heard a voice speaking to the heart..."Put the book down" Not realizing what was happening I continued to read. I was sleeping next to an open outside door and the kady-dids were singing their praises to God very loudly. The voice spoke again... "Put the book down!" I then put the book down and heard the voice speak yet again... "Where is all the strife, hatred, and bad feelings?" I examined the heart to find nothing there but pure beauty. I thought to myself, "Oh my! I got exactly what those people got!"

But.... I never did speak in tongues. I have been in services where people have spoke in tongues and I believed their experience as legitimate. However with many it is a social standing. Someone will encourage them to speak and they will utter something to the effect of "Ba ba ba... Da da da" And then someone will encourage them... "You got it mate!" And they will go the rest of their lives believing they had been "Saved, Sanctified, and Filled with the Holy Ghost!" In which, showing the fruit of fine people, I would not doubt the experience. But point out the fruit of their daily lives much more important than any so-called "prayer language."

I think it important to correctly define the Holy Spirit as something much more than a prayer language. And it is important to let spiritual fruit illuminate and warm the heart with a ministry that will bring love and light to a darkened world. And to put all of this in form of song...

Thanks for sharing! "Love to a darkened world" are true words from His Holy Spirit. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟562,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2. Brought up Baptist
It seems..they might have different views/perspectives on..
- 'defining the Holy Spirit'..
Interesting topic/post.
---
I also have been involved.. in several denominations (& nondenominational )..
- during my spiritual journey..50+ years.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,080,405.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It seems..they might have different views/perspectives on..
- 'defining the Holy Spirit'..
Interesting topic/post.
---
I also have been involved.. in several denominations (& nondenominational )..
- during my spiritual journey..50+ years.
My notes are that people can be of the same mindset but of different spirit.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you.... - Galatians 4:19

Christ formed within us through the power of the Holy Spirit.... May be the case with some of us of all denominations here at ChristianForums. And in some instances... Not the case at all!

Upvote 0