Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In his recent book, LIFE: My Story Through History, Pope Francis advocates for legal support of same-sex civil unions of “[homosexuals] who experience the gift of love.” In what sense, if any, is homosexual love a gift?

The mind of the Church is that it certainly cannot be a gift of God, neither natural (creational) nor supernatural (sacramental). According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the ultimate source of love is God himself. Quoting John Paul II’s 1981 Apostolic Exhortation, Familiaris Consortio, the Catechism of the Catholic Church asserts:

God is love and in himself he lives a mystery of personal loving communion [eternally united in being, relationship, and love]. Creating the human race in his own image . . . , God inscribed in the humanity of man and woman [Genesis 1:27] the vocation, and thus the capacity and responsibility, of love and communion.
Francis’ remark, on its face, does not seem to regard homosexual “love” as an inherently disordered form of love. Does he think that the homosexual is able to live the vocation to chastity, and hence, of love in a same-sex relationship? How could the homosexual do so? The vocation of chastity involves sexual differentiation between a man and a woman, which according to Christian anthropology, means “the successful integration of sexuality within the person and thus the inner unity of man in his bodily and spiritual being.”

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟450,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, it is disordered for many reasons.
But beyond the usual reasons, it is lust and lust does not come from the Lord.
And in fact this is true also for heterosexuals as well.

The further something is away from the creation, purpose and use, the more it ought to be understood it is not rendered by the Lord.
It goes against the Lord's plan, it comes from His foe.

It can start with one thing. Perhaps a trauma that could be sorted out, or is likely life altering, but immediately helping victims, and reteaching.
Brainwashing and evil literally are hand in hand.

Our society is now gaslighting folks into believing this is okay.

Although I strongly disagree with the Pope, I do not think he understands lust vs love?
I think, if the story of the 2 popes is indicative, that love is very powerful.
I also doubt he lusted.
So if he is remiss of lust, it is difficult to explain.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟118,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In his recent book, LIFE: My Story Through History, Pope Francis advocates for legal support of same-sex civil unions of “[homosexuals] who experience the gift of love.” In what sense, if any, is homosexual love a gift?

The mind of the Church is that it certainly cannot be a gift of God, neither natural (creational) nor supernatural (sacramental). According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the ultimate source of love is God himself. Quoting John Paul II’s 1981 Apostolic Exhortation, Familiaris Consortio, the Catechism of the Catholic Church asserts:

Francis’ remark, on its face, does not seem to regard homosexual “love” as an inherently disordered form of love. Does he think that the homosexual is able to live the vocation to chastity, and hence, of love in a same-sex relationship? How could the homosexual do so? The vocation of chastity involves sexual differentiation between a man and a woman, which according to Christian anthropology, means “the successful integration of sexuality within the person and thus the inner unity of man in his bodily and spiritual being.”

Continued below.
Even the CEO of Apple said "Being gay is a gift from God". I do not know what to say about his quote, but nothing in the Bible talks about gay as being a gift. I am a Christian bi single guy, but will remain celibate unless with a woman.

Tim Cook: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/24/tech/tim-cook-gay-apple/index.html

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟450,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lust isn’t love. There’s a reason why many of them habitually cheat or have multiple partners. They are never happy in that lifestyle.
Very often the relationships end up abusive.
And even long term relationships they seek other partners.
Disordered wants lead to the worst outcomes.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Very often the relationships end up abusive.
And even long term relationships they seek other partners.
Disordered wants lead to the worst outcomes.
Sin breeds more sin. It's a fact.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟450,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but the pope bent the knee to wokes, and woke ideas are almost all anti biblical and satanic.
He is allowed an opinion, but he cannot change teachings which he solidly has said as much.

Upvote 0