elopez

Oct 11, 2010
Lansing, MI
✟18,206.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
One thing I'd like to clarify is length. It was originally thought 2000 characters should not be exceeded yet this would make our posts on such a complex issue relatively short. I suggested going with point 6 and say the max should be 5000 words, not characters. Is that still good?

Upvote 0

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
1. The topic and title of the debate: "The Question of Free Will" [topic: Free Will Exists vs. Free Will Does Not Exist]

2. The members who will be participating in the debate and what positions they will take: @elopez will take the position that free will exists, and I [SinnerInTheHands] will take the position of complete predestination [that free will is at best an illusion and at worst a heresy].

3. The number of rounds within the debate: Three rounds.

4. Whether the posts will be made concurrently or alternating and which party goes first: Alternating, @elopez would go first.

5. Time limit between posts: No more than seven days.

6. The maximum length for each post: 5,000 words.

7. Whether or not quotes and outside references are allowed: Yes, both Biblical citations and outside quotes and references.

8. And, finally, the start date of the debate: Today or tomorrow.

@FreeinChrist @God's Child @MarkRohfrietsch @PreachersWife2004 @Tallguy88

Upvote 0

Truly1999

Jan 23, 2013
England
✟24,382.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I am all set and would be making my opening post shortly after the thread is created
Hi, you have created the thread yourself from the moment you entered a title and made your first post followed by hitting the 'create Thread' button.

Upvote 0

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, you have created the thread yourself from the moment you entered a title and made your first post followed by hitting the 'create Thread' button.

This is the "Formal Debate Proposals" section. A mod/admin has to create a separate thread in the formal debate section open to just @elopez and I.

Upvote 0

Truly1999

Jan 23, 2013
England
✟24,382.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
This is the "Formal Debate Proposals" section. A mod/admin has to create a separate thread in the formal debate section open to just @elopez and I.
I was wondering about that. I always found forums work best where as many people as possible contribute. It's a very interesting topic but I couldn't join under the terms set out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟841,344.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me; things have been busy here at CF and outside as well for me.

I have the debate set up; it is here: http://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-question-of-free-will.7907494/

Great job with the stipulations BTW; I have made a couple of standard modifications but it made my job easy!

God bless, and enjoy the discussion.

Please send me a Private Message when you post and I will get it approved promptly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.