Visit site
✟497,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How much of your life do you dedicate to finances? We need money to eat. We need money to secure shelter. We need money for clothing. We need money for transportation. We need money for many of life’s necessities. As a result, we find ourselves dependent on money. Sometimes all we think about is how much money we need and how much we don’t have. It’s probably not possible for any of us to completely ignore money, but wouldn’t we be better off if we could find a way to stop thinking about money so much?

“Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5

If you’re a follower of Jesus Christ, you’re traveling through life with a level of security far greater than the largest bank account. Keep in mind, no matter how much money you have in the bank, it can all be taken away by one tragic event. Your relationship with Jesus can never be taken away. In fact, your relationship with Jesus is the foundation of any and all wealth that you have. God provided everything you have and whatever he has given you is enough. You don’t need any more than Jesus.

“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:31 & 33

The devil wants us to be constantly worried about money. Jesus wants us to rest in the knowledge that we are watched over by God. By placing our faith in Jesus, we have become children of God. We can trust our loving Father to provide all of our needs. The enemy wants us distracted by our finances, so that we will miss what God is doing in our lives. Keeping track of money is an important part of life but, when we trust our bank account more than Jesus, we are lost. We’re all better off counting our blessings, rather than worrying about what we don’t have.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

Jesus wants us to rest in his loving hands. Jesus wants us to find our security in our relationship with him. In all of eternity, our finances are a minor matter. Our salvation through Jesus is everything we need.

• Prayers
Reactions: Brother-Mike