Akron
✟74,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
First, regarding the existence of God in the face of suffering, it's important to remember that the Bible does not promise a world without suffering.
The promise is that God will not disappoint us. The promise is that God is able to abundantly above and beyond all we ask or think.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟98,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The promise is that God will not disappoint us. The promise is that God is able to abundantly above and beyond all we ask or think.
Amen to that. Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." This verse offers comfort and assurance that God is present and supportive during challenging times.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Amen to that. Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." This verse offers comfort and assurance that God is present and supportive during challenging times.
People think they are waiting on God but God does not change. He is waiting on us to become the people He is creating us to be. If anything we need to learn how to yield ourselves to Him.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟98,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People think they are waiting on God but God does not change. He is waiting on us to become the people He is creating us to be. If anything we need to learn how to yield ourselves to Him.
Yep, as stated in Joshua 1:9 (ESV): "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." This means that God is constant, and will always be with us.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This means that God is constant, and will always be with us.
Yes He is constantly waiting on us to seek Him.
Then He will reveal Himself to us that want to know Him.
When Jesus died the vail was torn.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟98,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God reveals the path we should take. Some of us believe and rely on Him. Read John 10 (all of it) and Psalm 23. I've been in valleys of depression for long periods of time but the only way out is through God's word. The Psalmist often expressed his struggles. You aren't alone. Ask God to help you out of the darkness and to show you how you can help others, Love and prayers.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟57,165.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did God not create Adam and Eve? If so, why did he let them choose the apple? Why can't it be right the first time, why do we need a second chance when God could've created us with eternal life with no suffering right off the bat.
Don't really know, however God has shown his love for us through Jesus. You can either believe God comes from a position of love or not.

For me personally, when i went through these questions along time ago, it worried me that I would get stuck on questions like these, and refuse to seek God because of it.

Then one day, I would die, meet God, and be shown the answer to that question and realize i was wrong the whole time, that God indeed chose the best way and that it came from a position of love for us.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Earth
✟4,794.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

I can't help but to question the existence of God particularly because of suffering in the world. e.g. I read the news regarding 5yo being raped and killed to say the least amongst all the other pain experienced by myself or others in the world.

I have read about the Adam and Eve answers but I don't quite understand - why would God create that tree just to test Adam and Eve but punishing us when we're totally unrelated? I have also heard answers about free will, why create hatred just so we can feel loved? Why not just fill us with a copious amount of love with free will of who we interact with so that we feel loved by each other everyday (just our choice on who we want to interact with but regardless, still loving one another) whether on Earth or in Heaven. What's the point of all these "tests" and "temporary time" on Earth?

Feels like God is treating us like an experiment in someway.
I understand your question but I wouldn't personally suggest that you question gods existance on the reasoning of the suffering of this world. Certain questions might get less important and others might unravel as you walk in belief in him, and others will remain non-comprehendible and that's fine. We been told we have been made in the image of god but it's really important that we recognize that we are not all knowing like he is. If you understand that, you know that it would be foolish of you to judge him on the basis of the suffering of this world.

What matter is, is he or is he not and who is he? And if I were to tell you he is best seen through his son, Jesus Christ.

So instead of questioning this I would ask you to sincerely seek his face, you can do that through prayer by saying something like "If you are there god and what has been foretold in the bible of your son Jesus is true I want to have a relationship with you".

And if you find your understanding of Jesus and the character of his to be lacking go ahead and read the gospel, but I got the feeling you know and love the character of Jesus.

Matthew 7:7-8

"7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

And don't be discouraged if you don't instantly have him exposing himself to you, you might recieve a more gradual exposure to a point you no longer can deny him like I had. Keep knocking if you're sincere! :)

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟239,863.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where are all these stats coming from that 1/3 of angels will sin against god and humans are given a larger amount of freewill etc?

Since the Bible is for human salvation. It's hined in the book of Revelation. The book of Revelation, in a sense, sometimes can be seen as a kind of index with concepts embedded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟172,200.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than oil of great price, and the day of death than the day of birth. 7:2 It is better to go to the house of weeping, than to go to the house of feasting; because that is the end of every man, and the living will take it to their hearts. 7:3 Sorrow is better than joy; when the face is sad the mind gets better. 7:4 The hearts of the wise are in the house of weeping; but the hearts of the foolish are in the house of joy.

Suffering is the price that must be paid to know the truth. Eternal life is the hidden truth.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Indeed, suffering brings many of us closer to God.

JOB 5

“But if I were you, I would appeal to God;
I would lay my cause before him.
9He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
10He provides rain for the earth;
he sends water on the countryside.
11The lowly he sets on high,
and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
12He thwarts the plans of the crafty,
so that their hands achieve no success.
13He catches the wise in their craftiness,
and the schemes of the wily are swept away.
14Darkness comes upon them in the daytime;
at noon they grope as in the night.
15He saves the needy from the sword in their mouth;
he saves them from the clutches of the powerful.
16So the poor have hope,
and injustice shuts its mouth.
17“Blessed is the one whom God corrects;
so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. a
18For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal.
19From six calamities he will rescue you;
in seven no harm will touch you.
20In famine he will deliver you from death,
and in battle from the stroke of the sword.
21You will be protected from the lash of the tongue,
and need not fear when destruction comes.
22You will laugh at destruction and famine,
and need not fear the wild animals.
23For you will have a covenant with the stones of the field,
and the wild animals will be at peace with you.
24You will know that your tent is secure;
you will take stock of your property and find nothing missing.
25You will know that your children will be many,
and your descendants like the grass of the earth.
26You will come to the grave in full vigor,
like sheaves gathered in season.
27“We have examined this, and it is true.
So hear it and apply it to yourself.

Upvote 0