Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The long tunic over trousers is both comfortable and practical and doesn't get in the way or impede movement or put anyone at risk of indecent exposure simply by going about one's day to day business.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The long tunic over trousers is both comfortable and practical and doesn't get in the way or impede movement or put anyone at risk of indecent exposure simply by going about one's day to day business.
True. It makes you more nimble than you’d be in a skirt, yet skill keeps you covered.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
KJV is the language of angels passed down from God to Moses at Sinai and KJV bibles of both old and new testament fell from the sky along with the mana and quail in the wilderness. I thought everyone knew that.

:D

That was the 1611 Edition

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like to wear Kilts...

1d51d0a4e6647409177a5e9190910897.jpg

Upvote 0

KitKat1230

Truth Seeker
Oct 7, 2019
California
✟43,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Duggars, along with other people in the IFB movement, only make up a small portion of the Baptist denomination though. None of the Baptist girls and women I know wear skirts and dresses only. The Baptists who are against women wearing pants or shorts are a small minority.

Upvote 0

KitKat1230

Truth Seeker
Oct 7, 2019
California
✟43,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The KJV we read today is not the same as the 1611 edition.
Exactly. For example, the 1611 KJV had the Apocrypha, which most Protestants, including Baptists, consider non-canonical.

• Agree
Reactions: Silverback
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
How do they defend prohibition - when Jesus himself enjoyed wine?

I used prohibition in the general way to refer to a prohibition against women wearing pants.
Conservative Mennonites use other verses against drunkenness to prohibit alcohol consumption, and some Amish and Mennonites do not follow any such prohibition against alcohol.

Reactions: Red Gold
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In my teens and twenties - 60s, 70s - jeans were just not worn in church. Over the years between then and now, the style is more relaxed. Hats were more of an issue, with ladies being glared at if they weren't wearing one in some churches. Even ladies not dressed to the 9s were subjected to the glares.
I remember going to a WEC Youth Crusade camp, where the leader didn't like the girls to wear jeans, but there was a group of girls from Bexleyheath who did wear jeans and who didn't turn up at the prayer meeting held each day. These two facts made the leader very concerned about their spiritual state and prayed for them in the prayer meeting. It turned out that the girls, along with the boys in their group had been going into the nearby town to invite young people to the meetings. The leader told us this himself and admitted he was wrong to judge those young people in the way that he did.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟98,707.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I remember going to a WEC Youth Crusade camp, where the leader didn't like the girls to wear jeans, but there was a group of girls from Bexleyheath who did wear jeans and who didn't turn up at the prayer meeting held each day. These two facts made the leader very concerned about their spiritual state and prayed for them in the prayer meeting. It turned out that the girls, along with the boys in their group had been going into the nearby town to invite young people to the meetings. The leader told us this himself and admitted he was wrong to judge those young people in the way that he did.

Good for those jean girls! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was in my teens, my family spent some time in an "independent, fundamentalist, KJV only" baptist church. They were very strong about it being wrong for women to wear pants. Even remember some speaker using bathroom signs as a way of trying to prove that women shouldn't wear pants, because the pictures on bathroom doors for the women's rooms always showed a figure in a skirt or dress.

The biblical text about men and women not wearing the clothes of the other sex needs to be studied. Cultural practices may need to be taken into account--should Scottish men not wear kilts, for example, because it's too much like a skirt? What about cultures where men and women wear robes that are very similar? What about cultures where women's clothing may include something that's like trousers?

• Agree
Reactions: Kettriken
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟479,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I like wear jean, but there are other times I feel like wearing a dress , I am in Scotland and its at its coldest under 2 C so wearing a dress would kinda be like giving myself the flu so jeans are warmer as long as it's smart and not all dirt or stains on it, it should be fine .

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking again about this - I would be one who would wear skirts and dresses to church in preference to jeans, etc., even dressy trousers, but certainly wouldn't judge other women for what they wear. I even dressed up sometimes on a Sunday during lockdown, when we couldn't go to church - did anyone else do that? I might do a little mental survey of the women folk in our church next time I'm there to see how the styles differ among the different age groups.

Gillian

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟45,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is called legalism, petty picking of unimportant things that supposedly please God. They really don't please God, Jesus told us not to worry about what to wear. I was raised southern baptist, I went to a horrible private fundamentalist protestant Christian school when I was little, they had a strict dress code. No uniform, but the girls always had to wear a dress or skirt. My mom said one time it was cold and she dressed my sister with jeans under her dress and they sent her home. This is in Florida my Mom is very sensitive to cold, she thought it was cold, my sister being a very young child was dressed by our mom, I don't know any of this except what my Mom told me, I was a toddler or baby, my sister is older than me.

Eventually my parents put me in a public school, my sister and I wore pants, jeans, and shorts. I usually wore a dress to church. Sometimes I would wear formal, nice pants to church with a nice blouse.

In some cultures, like the middle east, women wear harem pants, and in China there is a traditional outfit of wide-legged pants. These days, in the year 2021 most women wear pants and wear dresses for special occasions. I like pretty dresses and a lot of historical dresses; but it is uncomfortable to wear dresses or skirts all the time. It would be too hard to move around wearing a dress all the time. I don't see how girls in the past worked on farms, worked in the fields wearing a dress or skirt.

Upvote 0