United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I assumed that was the case. :)

Adding the feature would lessen your time on the platform. Having you hunt and stumble on new content increases their profit.

I started watching YouTube last year. My social media use is sparse given my work. I use it strategically to avoid the time suck.

If I didn’t have the channel on Roku I wouldn’t be there. That makes it easier to navigate.

I usually watch when I'm doing some sort of crafting project. They do have a link for "subscriptions" that you can use to see what those you have subscribed to have put out a new video, which is handy for excluding new content that is just random, but sometimes I'd like to limit it to just one subject rather than seeing everyone's stuff, since I may only really be interested in seeing "prepping" channels that day and only from those in my subscriptions.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God has answered a prayer! YouTube just announced subscription collections!
Not sure what this is? Does it mean you can collect all those juicy videos you have been posting and make a channel out of them?:)

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Not sure what this is? Does it mean you can collect all those juicy videos you have been posting and make a channel out of them?:)

It's more like the collections on Kindle or subfolders in computer directories. So I could create a "subfolder" called "Prepping" and then add into that folder all the channels that I've subscribed to that have something to do with prepping, and then put music-related subscriptions into another sub-folder called "Music", etc.

Since my post I've noticed that I only have this ability on my YouTube Android app and it's not on Chrome, Xbox, or Roku. Now about a decade ago they had this Collections function and then removed it, never to be seen again, and I'm wondering now if someone made an error, toggling Collections back on for Android, and it will end up going away again, or if they will update to add it to the other versions.

So I'm cautiously optimistic, but not putting in any time for any sort of set-up just yet until I figure out if it's really happening. I couldn't find anyone on the internet talking about it when doing searches, but the ability to make Collections was definitely still on my phone as of this morning.

• Optimistic
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Patriot Nurse has be a favorite of mine for years.

Ohhh I've been subscribed to her channel for a very long time now! Definitely one of my favorites as well.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to follow Canadian Prepper. He has good info but for the past 2 years he's jumped on the fear mongering.
"Buy this or...."
"Do this before it's too late."
Now it's all similar fear clickbait. One title was "This is my last video." and not 24 hours later he's posted again.
Southernprepper1 and others are the same.
At this point, you're far too late if you haven't started.
Prepping isn't a bunch of hicks in the backwoods "shootin' guns and drinking beer" until the apocalypse. It is become less reliant on the government and hook-bait "aid" it offers.

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Patriot Nurse has been a favorite of mine for years.
Most definitely.
I'm not a fan of her classes as most won't need nor understand the Advanced stuff enough for long-term.
BLS or Basic Life Support includes First Aid/CPR/AED and maybe even patient transport and carry. Roughly $100 for first time or if you've let it lapse and you get a 2 year license. Recert is cheaper.
One class and one video isn't going to correct mistakes or bad habits.

• Agree
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟810,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for this thread.

Question: As a member, how to get a list of all the 400 videos and recipes for Mary's Nest?

Ex Skinny Soups 101- is on YouTube but doesn't have the links referenced nor the recipe

However, on Mary's Nest website, the video isn't listed when using the search for "Skinny Soups 101" at the bottom of the screen. (Some recipes are on the videos on her website)

Any tips?

Last edited:
Upvote 0