Sandiwich
✟328,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I can have these and a bunch of other seeds on Tues, how many do you need ?

RDR Seeds 100 California Wonder Sweet Pepper Seeds for Planting - Heirloom Non-GMO Pepper Seeds for Planting - Bell Pepper Matures from Green to Red

Visit the RDR Seeds Store
4.1 out of 5 stars 374 ratings
Amazon's Choice for "green pepper seeds"

Price: $5.99 ($0.06 / Count)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,769,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I planted 40,000 essential heirloom tomato seeds on the first day of this week. I purchased them by mail. No problem.
Livingston seeds ten for a dollar here. The seeds and bulbs seem to be in good supply. Same with ordering from Spring Hill, etc. I would be alarmed if I saw such a thing though. Husband is still doing his yearly bait and fishing supply buys! Lol!

ETA- Seed packets. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,117,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Livingston seeds ten for a dollar here.

That sounds steep. I got 40,000 for under $90, including shipping. With the quantity that I bought, I got about 5 seeds for a penny. For about a dollar, you should be able to get them at about 1 seed per penny.

You might want to shop around online.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,769,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sounds steep. I got 40,000 for under $90, including shipping. With the quantity that I bought, I got about 5 seeds for a penny. For about a dollar, you should be able to get them at about 1 seed per penny.

You might want to shop around online.
Tightwad. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,769,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Talk to me after you see how many of those 10 seeds germinate.
They germinate. I’ve used them off and on for years. And there are more than 10 seeds. They got an overstock hence the sale.

I’m curious, what do you do with 40,000 seeds??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,117,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What do you do with all the produce?

So far I've saved the seeds, and put them back out in the field; and I ate a few. I've only been farming for a few years. I have a lot to learn; and I'm doing it in all of the most challenging ways, except for no-till. I tried no-till but my success was pathetic. However, seeds will adapt to the grower's growing style over the years. I'm striving toward no-till regenerative agriculture.

If I can reach the level of success that I'm looking for; the seeds will probably be far more valuable than the fruit. They'll grow wild.

I have forgotten which state it was in; but it used to be that watermelons would only grow in the South. There was a farmer in the North who would seed his fields with watermelon every year with no success; until one day he got a survivor. From that one plant, watermelons are now widely grown in the North.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,769,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So far I've saved the seeds, and put them back out in the field; and I ate a few. I've only been farming for a few years. I have a lot to learn; and I'm doing it in all of the most challenging ways, except for no-till. I tried no-till but my success was pathetic. However, seeds will adapt to the grower's growing style over the years. I'm striving toward no-till regenerative agriculture.

If I can reach the level of success that I'm looking for; the seeds will probably be far more valuable than the fruit. They'll grow wild.

I have forgotten which state it was in; but it used to be that watermelons would only grow in the South. There was a farmer in the North who would seed his fields with watermelon every year with no success; until one day he got a survivor. From that one plant, watermelons are now widely grown in the North.
I wish you success! Sounds like something I would be into for sure. How long to seeds last where they still produce though?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,117,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wish you success! Sounds like something I would be into for sure. How long to seeds last where they still produce though?

I don't know what to believe. I've read not to hold them for more than a year; because their viability will sharply drop off. However I have also read that seeds were found in the pyramids of Egypt that were still viable. Surely how they are stored is very important; but I suppose that it might have something to do with which type of plant the seed came from. I just told this same story to a friend who is moving. She gave me a box of 20 year old flower seeds. There was a wide variety. I told her that would throw them out on my field and see what happens. I told her that I would give her pictures if anything bloomed.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟687,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would suggest growing strawberries. We started with one plat (6 plants) 5 years ago and now we pull them up by the shovel load and they still have taken over our yard completely. They taste great and they are more prolific than rabbits!

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,769,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what to believe. I've read not to hold them for more than a year; because their viability will sharply drop off. However I have also read that seeds were found in the pyramids of Egypt that were still viable. Surely how they are stored is very important; but I suppose that it might have something to do with which type of plant the seed came from. I just told this same story to a friend who is moving. She gave me a box of 20 year old flower seeds. There was a wide variety. I told her that would throw them out on my field and see what happens. I told her that I would give her pictures if anything bloomed.
I’m interested as well. If they germinate and come to their full fruition, let me know.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,769,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would suggest growing strawberries. We started with one plat (6 plants) 5 years ago and now we pull them up by the shovel load and they still have taken over our yard completely. They taste great and they are more prolific than rabbits!
We have a big strawberry mound/hill. :)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I remember one year I had a fourth of July party and one of the foods I bought was watermelon.

Just from people spitting out their seeds I had a watermelon patch grow... Lol. Crazy.

Upvote 0