✟3,702.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christ is Risen!

A question for any other Catholics belonging to sui juris Eastern churches in communion with the Holy See of Rome. Do you or your community identify as 'Orthodox in Communion with Rome'? Why or why not? How does this identity, or lack thereof affect the modus vivendi of your churches?

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am Roman Catholic, Latin rite, through and through.

We do not, as far as I know, have active Eastern Catholics on this forum.

Some of them do indeed identify as Orthodox in Communion with Rome and accept all Orthodox theology and spirituality while recognizing the Roman Pope. Others will identify as Eastern Catholics first.

Hope I answered your question.

Upvote 0
Apr 8, 2024
BC
✟3,702.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Some of them do indeed identify as Orthodox in Communion with Rome and accept all Orthodox theology and spirituality while recognizing the Roman Pope. Others will identify as Eastern Catholics first.

Thanks for your contribution! I have my own experience with the difference in approaches, and was hoping for some insight from others as to the experience in their communities - but there doesn't appear to be many other ECs around. In a way the question was raised in my mind on account of the thread in the EO subforum: Are Eastern Catholics and traditional Catholics Orthodox in denial

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟488,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Actually I think at least one member who posts on the Eastern Orthodox forum “The Ancient Way” is or was a Byzantine Rite Catholic.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟250,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Actually I think at least one member who posts on the Eastern Orthodox forum “The Ancient Way” is or was a Byzantine Rite Catholic.
I think I know who you are talking about. They are now Eastern Orthodox .

Upvote 0