Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really? I have seen this claim made quite often, but how has this been established?
Or why is that even relevant?

Just out of curiosity, how much Christian doctrine do you know?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟264,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No but the description is so plain God created two great lights to give light to the earth.
Man on the moon:

1716138962354.png

The shadows are from above on the Moon srurfarce, no light is coming from the Moon's surface.
We can close the thread.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟264,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just out of curiosity, how much Christian doctrine do you know?
I have been baptised Roman Catholic, but religion was never very important in my family. I sometimes don't even know what is peculiar to
roman catholicism and what is common to all christians. Besides that, I know what you guys tell me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's more of having God as a reality in my life than are "beliefs".

You want God to be real to you ... but without beliefs?

Sounds like you want your cake and eat it too.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting question as I have no idea how God is a doctrine.

Then you'll make mistakes when dealing with people who do know their doctrine, won't you?

Jesus took Genesis literally.

Notice this passage, where He takes both Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 literally?

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, (Genesis 1:27)
19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? (Genesis 2:24).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,544.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
No thank you.

That's the very definition of anarchy.

And I want no part of it.
It's LOVE!

Is Love anarchy?
Is seeing the Divine everywhere one looks, anarchy?
With God, one can both taste the Cake and have it at the same time.
It's funny how that works.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Man on the moon:

View attachment 348161

The shadows are from above on the Moon srurfarce, no light is coming from the Moon's surface.
We can close the thread.

Where is the light reflecting off thje surface of the moon. I mean if this light is going to travel 200,000+ miles to cast shadows on the earth. You would think this reflected light would be visible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where is the light reflecting off thje surface of the moon. I mean if this light is going to travel 200,000+ miles to cast shadows on the earth. You would think this reflected light would be visible.

See those bright spots on the Lunar surface in the image?

That is light from the Sun reflecting off the surface of the Moon and entering the camera lens. It's the same way you can see walls -- light reflected off of it and into your detector (eye).

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟222,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have been baptised Roman Catholic, but religion was never very important in my family. I sometimes don't even know what is peculiar to
roman catholicism and what is common to all christians. Besides that, I know what you guys tell me.
Catholics differ from Protestants as to the belief in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. The three leaders of the Protestant reformation had three differing views on the Holy Eucharist. Here is the Catholic understanding:

1324 The Eucharist is "the source and summit of the Christian life."134 "The other sacraments, and indeed all ecclesiastical ministries and works of the apostolate, are bound up with the Eucharist and are oriented toward it. For in the blessed Eucharist is contained the whole spiritual good of the Church, namely Christ himself, our Pasch."135
1325 "The Eucharist is the efficacious sign and sublime cause of that communion in the divine life and that unity of the People of God by which the Church is kept in being. It is the culmination both of God's action sanctifying the world in Christ and of the worship men offer to Christ and through him to the Father in the Holy Spirit."136
1326 Finally, by the Eucharistic celebration we already unite ourselves with the heavenly liturgy and anticipate eternal life, when God will be all in all.137

As a Catholic we deepen our personal relationship with Jesus through prayer and receiving Him in the Holy Eucharist.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
See those bright spots on the Lunar surface in the image?

That is light from the Sun reflecting off the surface of the Moon and entering the camera lens. It's the same way you can see walls -- light reflected off of it and into your detector (eye).
-​

Reflected light does not select areas to light up. There would be no dark dark's as is seen in the photo. The astronaut is lit from a single light source. There on his suit, a light area and a shadow area no reflected light area.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
-​

Reflected light does not select areas to light up. There would be no dark dark's as is seen in the photo. The astronaut is lit from a single light source. There on his suit, a light area and a shadow area no reflected light area.
That's how shadows work. An object between the light source and the "shadowed" object blocks light from reaching it so there is no scattering.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's funny how that works.

Not really.

It's called "anarchy."

Jesus said ...

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

You say ...

It's more of having God as a reality in my life than are "beliefs".

Further, in the name of "love," you argue down those who do have beliefs that go contrary to what atheists tell them.

"Anarchy" is the only word I can think of.

(Actually, I can think of another word, but I'll keep it to myself.)

Upvote 0