John Fetterman checks himself into the hospital for depression and his wife leaves the country???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How does that comment turn into an attack?
It's presented as a rhetorical question, not as a sincere question. As a rhetorical question, it's telling us that you think her actions were strange.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't care less what John Fetterman's wife does or doesn't do, but I am very interested in knowing what's going on with John Fetterman, since my fellow Pennsylvanians chose to elect him to the US Senate to represent our commonwealth. I wonder at what point it would become clear that Fetterman is not fit to serve. What is a reasonable time for someone to in public office to be hospitalized for treatment of depression before they would (or should) forfeit their office?

This is far more important to me than whether Fetterman's wife took a vacation to Niagara Falls with their kids.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟236,228.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟280,143.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I couldn't care less what John Fetterman's wife does or doesn't do, but I am very interested in knowing what's going on with John Fetterman, since my fellow Pennsylvanians chose to elect him to the US Senate to represent our commonwealth.

Recent Senate activity since he went into hospital includes:

Co-sponsor on a bill to apply child labour laws to independent contractors (five days ago)
Co-sponsor on a bill to improve railway safety (six days ago)
Co-sponsor on a bill concerning labour relations laws (seven days ago)

Since Fetterman entered the Senate, he's been active in supporting 13 different bills and signed on to four different Senate resolutions. That would make him one of the more active senators.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟666,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Recent Senate activity since he went into hospital includes:

Co-sponsor on a bill to apply child labour laws to independent contractors (five days ago)
Co-sponsor on a bill to improve railway safety (six days ago)
Co-sponsor on a bill concerning labour relations laws (seven days ago)

Since Fetterman entered the Senate, he's been active in supporting 13 different bills and signed on to four different Senate resolutions. That would make him one of the more active senators.
Signing papers from his hospital room doesn't take a lot of work.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I couldn't care less what John Fetterman's wife does or doesn't do, but I am very interested in knowing what's going on with John Fetterman, since my fellow Pennsylvanians chose to elect him to the US Senate to represent our commonwealth. I wonder at what point it would become clear that Fetterman is not fit to serve. What is a reasonable time for someone to in public office to be hospitalized for treatment of depression before they would (or should) forfeit their office?
Past practice seems to leave Senators in office while undergoing medical treatment, let’s continue to do that?
Wouldn’t that be the conservative thing to do?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟666,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Past practice seems to leave Senators in office while undergoing medical treatment, let’s continue to do that?
Also was past practice to put people in office that were medically competent. Fetterman's condition was talked about before his election due to what we're seeing right now; not being able to do the job. And yet, the only response from his supporters was, "You're discriminating against disabled people!". Soon after election, he's in a mental hospital.
Yes, I'm aware that people can have problems and need treatment. But that doesn't mean that anyone in a mental hospital is fit to be a U.S. Senator.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Also was past practice to put people in office that were medically competent. Fetterman's condition was talked about before his election due to what we're seeing right now; not being able to do the job. And yet, the only response from his supporters was, "You're discriminating against disabled people!". Soon after election, he's in a mental hospital.
Yes, I'm aware that people can have problems and need treatment. But that doesn't mean that anyone in a mental hospital is fit to be a U.S. Senator.
It was also pst practice to not nominate carpetbagging tv quacks. How times have changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Signing papers from his hospital room doesn't take a lot of work.
Sure, compared to being a Twitter troll and appearing on Fox several times a day, but not every Senator can measure up to Ted Cruz.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sure, compared to being a Twitter troll and appearing on Fox several times a day, but not every Senator can measure up to Ted Cruz.
I’d lose my mind if Fetterman made a video of himself playing up his handicaps (think something like The Elephant Man) reading “Person Woman Man Camera TV”

• Haha
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do you think that there comes a point where the diminished mental health and capacity of a person factors into their ability to carry out the duties of a United States Senator?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think that there comes a point where the diminished mental health and capacity of a person factors into their ability to carry out the duties of a United States Senator?
Sure, but delusional thinking affects capacity to govern way more than depression. Fetterman's depression is being treated and he is obviously working at his senate job.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟139,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, but delusional thinking affects capacity to govern way more than depression. Fetterman's depression is being treated and he is obviously working at his senate job.

At the moment, that appears to be true.

I found it very interesting that during the Pennsylvania Senate Debate (which was incredibly painful to watch), Fetterman refused to release his medical records. This is particularly concerning because Fetterman suffered a near-fatal stroke not even a year ago.

When someone has an ongoing mental health problem and is in public office, it is absolutely the concern of the constituents represented by that person. I truly hope Fetterman is getting the help he needs and recovers fully, but that doesn't preclude me from being concerned about his capacity to do what he was elected to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟814,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread is permanently closed due to multiple issues including trolling, goading, flaming, etc.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.