May 16, 2015
✟121,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would note that there will be many that will be turned away in that day that have many "good" works and He will tell them "I never knew you".
Depart from me ye workers of Iniquity. Works without faith are dead works.
“These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me” (Isaiah 29:13).​

NT wolves in sheep's clothing (tares), whom Jesus does not know, are fake Christians, false teachers ... thinking they are helping God when they are more interested in praises and prosperity.
The new covenant had not yet been established. So heart faith was not available for the born again initiation. Jesus was still yet unperfected.
Ia it poaaible that you don't want to understand the litteral meaning of the scriptures posted in #1558. That would explain why you may reject James 2:14-26 as uninspired, by the Holy Spirit and therefore consider it to be suspect scripture. One might conclude that you may even question whether or not the Bible is the inspired Word of God (infallible) if you don't understand or don't want to understand that James 2:14-26 is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

It's not easy to believe that you can't grasp the literal mening of the scriptures posted in #1558. Are you by any chance so taken with hyper-grace and/or seeker-sensitive Christianity to the point of rejecting some of the scriptures posted in #1558.

Luke 5:30 The Pharisees and their scribes [seeing those with whom He was associating] began murmuring in discontent to His disciples, asking, “Why are you eating and drinking with the tax collectors and sinners [including non-observant Jews]?” 31 And Jesus replied to them, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but [only] those who are sick. 32 I did not come to call the [self-proclaimed] righteous [who see no need to repent], but sinners to repentance [to change their old way of thinking, to turn from sin and to seek God and His righteousness].”

46 But Jesus said, “Someone did touch Me, for I was aware that power had gone out of Me.” 47 When the woman saw that she had not escaped notice, she came trembling and fell down before Him, and declared in the presence of all the people the reason why she had touched Him, and how she had been immediately healed. 48 And He said to her, Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.”

Now when Jesus heard this, He was amazed and said to those who were following, “Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel. (Faith of the Roman Centurian)

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God ...Word should be capitalized as in John 1:1= Christ Jesus ... John 1:14).

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟121,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sounds like you saying that ones sins are forgiven on the basis of God seeing their active faith, thats works/merit salvation.
So you don't believe Luke 5:20 ... Jesus. 20 Seeing their faith, He said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven you.”

So, it sounds like your theology doesn't believe "their faith" was possible or the faith in the above scriptures #1558.

It's beginning to sound like you are more a follower of hyper-grace and Calvin than the literal meaning of scriptures as inspired by the Holy Spirit in #1558 and James 2:14-26.

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not come to call the [self-proclaimed] righteous [who see no need to repent], but sinners to repentance [to change their old way of thinking, to turn from sin and to seek God and His righteousness].”
Alright, Rom 3:22-23 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ UNTO ALL and UPON ALL them that believe
FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE, for ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time His(Gods) righteousness: that He might be just and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus.

Just these 3 verses should say it all. God is the justifier of the believer simply because He has applied the faith of Jesus upon them.
That is His righteousness. Which is 1 of the 2 things we are to seek first.
This justification was bought and paid for by Jesus Christ for you. Rom 5:18 God is slowly but surely selecting His first group
of first fruits to rule with His first begotten Son in the first dominion of the kingdom.

Jas 1:18 Of His own will begat He us, through the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of His creatures.(sons)

Isa 54:17...............this is the heritage of the the servants of the LORD, and THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS OF(FROM) ME, saith the LORD."

What then is Gods righteousness? Imputed faith that comes from the abundance of Jesus Christs perfected faith.

PS Jesus said that His words were Spirit and they were Life. To interpret them literally just brings death.

Your quoting James which is sent to the believer that already has faith imputed to them, then turning it around to apply to
those to who that faith was not available yet, as the new covenant had not yet been ratified. Blood had not been spilled.
it is different, head faith vs heart faith.
James is speaking to doing works to keep faith (imputed) alive and flourishing, not to let it die out.

Let me ask since your getting a bit offended it seems, do you speak in tongues whenever you want(prayer language) or any other
testimony you'd like to share?

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you don't believe Luke 5:20 ... Jesus. 20 Seeing their faith, He said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven you.”

So, it sounds like your theology doesn't believe "their faith" was possible or the faith in the above scriptures #1558.

It's beginning to sound like you are more a follower of hyper-grace and Calvin than the literal meaning of scriptures as inspired by the Holy Spirit in #1558 and James 2:14-26.
Again Sounds like you saying that ones sins are forgiven on the basis of God seeing their active faith, thats works/merit salvation.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You ascribe your forgiveness of sins based upon your own inherent righteousness, holiness. A True Christian should ascribe their forgiveness of sins on the Blood of Christ. 1 Jn 2:12

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Phl 3:9 NET And be found in Him, not because I have my own righteousness derived from the law, but because I have the righteousness
that comes by way of Christ's faithfulness-a righteousness from God that is in fact based upon Christ's faithfulness.

"He filled me with faith and love that comes from Jesus Christ" 1 Ti 1:14 NLT

Self righteousness is a blinder that must be pulled off the eyes. You either stand in Gods righteousness or you don't stand at all.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Phl 3:9 NET And be found in Him, not because I have my own righteousness derived from the law, but because I have the righteousness
that comes by way of Christ's faithfulness-a righteousness from God that is in fact based upon Christ's faithfulness.

"He filled me with faith and love that comes from Jesus Christ" 1 Ti 1:14 NLT

Self righteousness is a blinder that must be pulled off the eyes. You either stand in Gods righteousness or you don't stand at all.
Right Paul's Faith came from Jesus Christ, because he was naturally a unbeliever as we all Gods elect are, 1 Tim 1:13-14

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Pauls believing was by Grace as he wrote here Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Reactions: Samson2021
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟121,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you believe Abraham's work of Faith (James 2:14-26) wasn't true faith worthy of salvation?

Think you might agree that some Christians judge James (2:14-26) based on their own religious theology.
In affect giving the impression that they are more Spiritual than the Apostle James.

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you believe Abraham's work of Faith (James 2:14-26) wasn't true faith worthy of salvation?

Think you might agree that some Christians judge James (2:14-26) based on their own religious theology.
In affect giving the impression that they are more Spiritual than the Apostle James.
You need to get over it.
There is initial salvation due to Gods election of you. Filled with the faith of Jesus Christ, far more than you as an individual could ever attain.
After that your working your own salvation, faith with works.

Your trying to mix the two stages together as though the works are part of the first and its not.

And again I ask what testimony have you of your walk?

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

To answer your question NO. As the plan is for God to reconcile all to Himself through Jesus Christ. All must be born of the Spirit
as the initial starting point. Can't get that without being drawn to Jesus. And then each one in turn will work it out.
As Jesus said that JTB was the greatest man born of a woman, and even He was less than the least in the kingdom, Abraham would
be there with Him until the next dispensation.
Did both of those people believe God? Sure. But did they have the faith of JC? NO, because it wasn't available yet, indeed had not
yet been perfected.
There are plenty of righteous acts done by many individuals over the centuries, but those are not salvation worthy. As they are self works.
You will either be reconciled back to God through JC or you won't be reconciled.
But as I know He will have you to be reconciled then you will be. I doubt that has happened yet for if it had you would not be as aggressive
about self righteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟121,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right Paul's Faith came from Jesus Christ, because he was naturally a unbeliever as we all Gods elect are, 1 Tim 1:13-14
Today's seeker-sensitive nominal social preaching has resulted in a hyper-grace teaching to the point that one's faith can become lukewarm as grace abounds.

So, shall we then continue in sin that grace may abound? Paul replies with a resounding “God forbid” (Romans 6:2). To continue to practive sin shows a misunderstanding of His grace and a contempt for Jesus' sacrifice.​

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Today's seeker-sensitive nominal social preaching has resulted in a hyper-grace teaching to the point that one's faith can become lukewarm as grace abounds.

So, shall we then continue in sin that grace may abound? Paul replies with a resounding “God forbid” (Romans 6:2). To continue to practive sin shows a misunderstanding of His grace and a contempt for Jesus' sacrifice.​
Huh ? What are you talking about ?

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And again no one will ever be worthy of salvation. It is a gift, but they can bring forth fruits that show their appreciation and understanding.

Works salvation is nothing more than a Jewish works fable that died out when the New Covenant took effect, this is just another
not so new spin on the same thing.
Using scripture written to the elect to try and make a works ministry out of it.
Works have their place but maturity is what eventually produces those works, not to mention those works are ordained for the elect
that would walk in them,. Meaning they are given to the elect to do. IE laying on of hands, casting out the unclean. We do not do that
specifically by our own decisions, He speaks to us to do them. I have heard Him say to me specifically,
"I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, you know this!" And then He had me lay hands on a guy who had a bad heart and
Inoperable cancer, of which I knew nothing about until he and his wife came back to the store I was at and explained what had been
done for him by the Lord, heart fine, and cancer free. No treatment.
This is the kind of work that is ordained for us. The other is simply love your neighbor, fulfill their lack, if there is a lack you can fulfill.
Love God with all your soul for He made it/you.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟121,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You continue to misinterpret James 2:14-26 as if you are more Spiritual than the Apostle James. Paul and James are not opposed to each other when it comes to Faith and works. It's religious theology that wrongly puts James and Paul against one another.

It's more that those that have adopted seeker sensitive hyper grace theology misinterpret Romans 7 and other verses

Because of new age post modern hyper grace Christianity more than a few so-called Christians question Jesus words when He says, "Stop your sinning or something worse may happen" and "Go and sin no more". Pastors (shepherds) will convince their flock that according to Romans 7 that Paul was a chief sinner even as a born again new creation in Christ. Will the flock argue with the pastor. When they stand before Jesus they may reply ... "Satan deceived our pastor who was our shepherd that we followed"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To answer the original post.
No. Believing is not a work.
Because belief in the finished work of the cross is a gift that comes from the Father.
That said if there was a work done it was the Father who did the work in you.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace give unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to
think, but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
NLT..............Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.

Note that it is only the elect of God that have been given the measure of faith that comes from the fullness of Jesus Christ. Rom 3:22

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To answer the original post.
No. Believing is not a work.
Because belief in the finished work of the cross is a gift that comes from the Father.
That said if there was a work done it was the Father who did the work in you.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace give unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to
think, but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
NLT..............Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.

Note that it is only the elect of God that have been given the measure of faith that comes from the fullness of Jesus Christ. Rom 3:22
Yes believing is an work, its either Gods work or the sinners work

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes believing is an work, its either Gods work or the sinners work
I had to assume that your original intent was the sinner. Thus no on the sinners part. And only speaking to initial faith.
As that comes from the fullness of Christ and is gifted to you. It can't be on the sinners part. After that a different story.

Phl 1:6 "being confident of this, that HE who began a GOOD WORK in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

If I can show you my faith by my works, or by my works prove my faith, it should be obvious that faith and works go
hand in hand but are two separate terms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Samson2021
I had to assume that your original intent was the sinner. Thus no on the sinners part. And only speaking to initial faith.
Okay then a person is saved/Justified, regenerated before they believe, have Faith

Upvote 0

Samson2021

Mar 10, 2021
Oklahoma
✟25,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Samson2021

Okay then a person is saved/Justified, regenerated before they believe, have Faith
No, yes, and no, salvation and regeneration occur at the same time.
When God gifts the sinner the faith and love from Jesus Christ they then believe from the heart.
The blinders have been removed and the heart has been softened. God only can do that. Thus the election according to grace.
The justification of the sinner was done some 2000 yrs ago by the cross of Christ. Rom 5:18
When God lets the individual in on it then their justification becomes a reality in their life. As the faith is now UPON them.
Born again of the Spirit when the faith of Jesus comes to them. Rom 3:22
When God gives the faith of Jesus Christ to someone, God becomes the justifier of that person that now, truly believes
from the heart. Rom 3:26 though it may take some time for them to figure that one out.

God is slowly, in mans opinion, gracing people with the faith that comes from the fullness of Christ then perfecting that group one
by one with the ones He did not choose yet. Rom 11:28 enemies of the gospel for our sake.
When you can see that God is in complete and total control then it will all make sense. What has been done and what will be done
is for the good of all. We as a species that are very time aware can't really grasp Gods time frame. We want it all now, but it just doesn't
work that way. It's the Fathers doing and it will be done according to His schedule.

Upvote 0