Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Rescuers are trying to locate the helicopter on which President Ebrahim Raisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian were traveling, state media reported. Their status is unknown.

Ebrahim Raisi, 63, a hard-line religious cleric, was elected president of Iran in 2021. In his tenure as president, he has overseen a strategy to expand his country’s regional influence — backing militant proxies across the Middle East, expediting the country’s nuclear program and bringing the country to the brink of war with Israel.

Videos airing on Iranian state television show rescue teams driving along mountain roads in very thick fog and teams walking on green hills wearing the red and white vests of emergency teams. Rescue dogs are also being dispatched, according to state media.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟845,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Raisi was returning from the inauguration of a joint dam project with Azerbaijan when his helicopter made a “hard landing,” state media reported. Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said on social media that he was troubled by news of the “crash-landing,” and he offered his country’s assistance.

Heavy fog has made air rescue efforts impossible, Babak Yektaparast, spokesperson for Iran’s emergency services, told state media.

The Tasnim news agency initially reported that “a number of people with the president have managed to make telephone calls and this has raised hope that this accident may not have any casualties,” in the immediate aftermath of the incident, but it provided no further details.

“We have been in communication with the president’s companions, but due to the complexity of the area, communication is somewhat challenging,” Interior Minister Ahmad Vahidi said in a statement carried on state television. “We are awaiting the arrival of rescue teams at the scene of the incident and the helicopter’s landing site to provide us with information.”

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,122,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rescuers are trying to locate the helicopter on which President Ebrahim Raisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian were traveling, state media reported. Their status is unknown.

Ebrahim Raisi, 63, a hard-line religious cleric, was elected president of Iran in 2021. In his tenure as president, he has overseen a strategy to expand his country’s regional influence — backing militant proxies across the Middle East, expediting the country’s nuclear program and bringing the country to the brink of war with Israel.

Videos airing on Iranian state television show rescue teams driving along mountain roads in very thick fog and teams walking on green hills wearing the red and white vests of emergency teams. Rescue dogs are also being dispatched, according to state media.

I read this morning that three helicopters were flying together, and the president was in one of them.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟211,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I read this morning that three helicopters were flying together, and the president was in one of them.
the President and Foreign Minister were in the one that crashed.

so far all we've seen is a possible heat signature from a Turkish drone.
which doesn't look like warm bodies but like either a campfire, or a crash site that exploded.
considering there's no visible fires from the air, it'd be smoldering wreckage still giving off heat.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟236,228.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,931.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I really hope this was a legitimate accident because if it's what I'm afraid it is, it can easily start WWIII.
Uuuh, nice. World War three. I know I still have that Khorne Avatar somewhere..

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟845,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟814,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really hope this was a legitimate accident because if it's what I'm afraid it is, it can easily start WWIII.
I haven't seen anything serious suggesting it was anything other than an accident. All of the weather reports and pictures seem to show a really bad time to fly.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love this, I really do. God is absolutely amazing.

This is a mini leading His people out of Egypt moment to me. It's a sign that no matter what this is in God's Hands and it's all going to be just fine. Even if the wait is long God does and will meet out His Justice on the evildoers.

All we have to do is plod along walking with Christ on the path He set before us and all will be well.

This is good. May God forever be praised ❤️

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,931.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

This is a mini leading His people out of Egypt moment... It's a sign that no matter what this is in God's Hands and it's all going to be just fine. Even if the wait is long God does and will meet out His Justice on the evildoers.

All we have to do is plod along walking with Christ on the path He set before us and all will be well.

This is good.
I wish I had a divine hitman on my side, sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟712,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't seen anything serious suggesting it was anything other than an accident. All of the weather reports and pictures seem to show a really bad time to fly.

No, that general area is mountainous with some peaks rising above 11,000 feet. It's usually clear in that area in the morning with very dense fog usually rolling in in the afternoon but the weather was worse than normal, a dense dense fog and rain, ending in snow but the helicopter went down prior to the snow...

So, they just didn't have good weather radar or good timing

There was a light suggestion earlier on yesterday that this was Israel's hand so memes abounded about the Jewish helicopter that killed them (lol) but I don't think A. Khamenei ever even suggested it. It was clearly bad weather and perhaps coupled with Black Market helicopter parts from China (for OEM parts they would have to order from the US).

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟627,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was wondering if he has got his 72 virgins yet or does he have to take a number and stand in line?

1716216903249.png

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

This is a mini leading His people out of Egypt moment to me. It's a sign that no matter what this is in God's Hands and it's all going to be just fine. Even if the wait is long God does and will meet out His Justice on the evildoers.

This is good. May God forever be praised ❤️
You believe that God brought about this accident to help advance the political agenda of right-wing Christians and Jews?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.